User:Lynx7725/Jan 2006 Archives
Thought of January Day(s)
15:29, 28 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Too most of the day off to rest.
- Looked at my ammo status and frowned -- too low. Decided to head back to Tompson Mall for restocking. On the way back, I participated in a "drive-by" shooting of a Zombie.. probably KS'ed somebody. Opps..
- The siege of Tompson Mall is well and truly over. All sectors barricaded up, and nary a Zombie in sight.
06:54, 27 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Two Zombies snuck up on me -- I'm so ashamed. :P
- Took one down, another well on its way. Just waiting for AP. (I blew 11 shots straight on another passing Zombie.. 65% my ass.)
04:44, 27 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Just popped out of the hospital and blew 2 Zombies away. Have AP left over but no targets.. darn.
- Turns out, the person I revived wasn't a spy (so he says) but have left the inactive Zombie group to pursue a solo career.
02:11, 26 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Took some time off the line to rest and restock. Got a call from a Steam Thrall for a revive, so I went south and got him (and another person) revived. The ability to create, on demand, the syringes is very useful.
- While I was at the hospital, 3 Zombies broke in. I killed 2, just waiting to get enough AP to waste the last. Damn thing is, I might have revived a Zombie Spy (the non- Steam Thrall I revived) -- Gah!
- Anyway, the seige of Tompson Mall seems to have petered out over the last 2 days when I was there. I think we can call it a close, with Lockettside now having a more balanced population of Zombies and Survivors.
03:56, 23 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Spent the last few days on barricade duty. It seems like the Zombie wave has passed over.
- Just spent today scav'ing for ammo. It's been a long time since I've last scav'ed and it's taking a long time.
20:13, 19 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- SE sector breached, at least 3 Zombies, maybe 4. Helped another Survivor to barricade and shoot up one of them, but no kills. 2 Zombies left. Out of ammo, exhausted, I retreated from the SE sector, but not before getting the barricade back up to EHB.
- I think I'll pull myself off the line to rest and reammo. The SE sector should be safe enough for one to two days without me, and I badly want to take the fight outside the mall. Hear that there's 20+ Zombies outside the SE sector, and it's time to cull them a bit.
03:04, 19 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- SE sector breached, one Zombie, no AP. Assistance requested.
15:21, 18 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Been at this for days. Very tired. No time to rest. No time to get more ammo.
- Think there was a breach earlier today.. some of the Survivors in the SE sector looked a bit scratched up. Wasn't there because I had no AP and retreated to another sector to rest. No Zombies inside though, and no dead bodies, AND the barricades are still at EH. Good news, wish I can just get ammo so that I can hunt.
01:43, 18 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Feels good to wake up at least semi-refreshed, and without having to worry if a Zombie is chewing on your toes. :)
- Seems like there was a minor breach overnight, but by the time I woke up, it was a non-issue. I'm seeing elements of the Steam Thralls, The 'Sards, the TMI, the 4 Corners Regulators, and ZILF (can't find their page) within the SE sector. That's good -- I think we can now prevent breaches and start to seriously consider offensive ops to clean up the outside of Tompson Mall and then later, the whole of Lockettside.
14:14, 17 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Watching the barricades going down from EHB to VHB.. not enough Survivors to keep pace with the Zombies outside. I think we'll get another breach in about an hour if we're unlucky.
08:05, 17 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Both The 'Sards and Steam Thralls have people on the case now. I think the Mall can be fully secured in a few days time, provided no major Zombie group in the original assault decide to double-back.
06:04, 17 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- In the last 2 hours, at least 5 Zombies had made it in and attacked other sectors (considering we have fewer than 100 Survivors in the whole mall, this is actually somewhat threatening). From a fellow Survivor, I hear there are 43++ Zombies in one sector outside.
- But the Survivors are starting to get the idea, and concentrated firepower smashed down the 5 Zombies relatively quickly. Some Surviviors appear to be running into the SE sector, barricading things up, and then getting out. That's good -- we are starting to secure the Mall (finally). Also, I'm starting to see members of The 'Sards within the Mall; hopefully more groups would show up to help out.
- Once we get a few more Survivors to station in SE sector as a defensive picket, we can release some to become hunters outside. We can't fight a solely defensive engagement -- the Zombies would eventually start coordinating better and we would be worse off.
03:54, 17 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Too late. Second breach, 2 Zombies in with only 2 real defenders there. I'm out of AP, and have to retreat.
03:32, 17 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Zombie breach in SE sector again, lone Zombie. Killed it and rebarricaded. This is getting monotonous.
15:51, 16 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- I had to sneak back into SE sector to throw up a barricade again. 1 Zombie loose in the NE sector.
14:31, 16 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Just watch the SE sector barricades go from EHB to nothing. I evaded in time before 2 Zombies broke in; one got killed (by someone else), the other went into the SW sector. I snuck back in and barricaded up loosely, but that's not going to hold.
- We need to get more survivors to keep the barricades up. I simply don't have enough AP as it is to keep it up against the Zombies outside.
15:16, 15 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- GACK! Zombies broke into SE corner of the Mall and I was the only one there.. badly injured, I was able to toss the dead (and brain-rotted) Zombie out of a conveninent window, but I'm totally exhausted by the effort.
- Low on ammo too. This isn't good.
20:56, 14 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Scav'ed around Tompson Mall. Think the increased Survivor activities attracted the wrong kind of attention -- 2 Zombies broke in. I killed one and dumped it outside, but the other, I wasn't able to kill it off (yet).
05:59, 14 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Took a Highway Patrol. Lindsey Towers has gotten a generator again, so Lockettside has telephony again.
- While it may be too early to call secured, the interior of Tompson Mall is clear of Zombies. I've stopped by to stock up on badly needed essentials.
09:33, 13 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Couldn't hold a Mobile Phone Tower building by my lonesome, so I skipped out. Came back later to check on the generator -- the Zombies came by and destroyed it. Lockettside just lost telephony.
01:49, 13 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Rested at a FD for most of yesterday. Decided to make my way back to Tompson Mall to recce the situation.
- On my way back I passed through Lindsey Towers, with its important mobile phone tower. It seems to be down, and for good reason - I took out a Zombie inside. More importantly, I restored the power there, so Lockettside now has telephony.. at least, while the Zombies outside don't take it out.
- Took a look outside. Full of Zombies. Not good.
- And yeah, 65% my ass.
17:54, 11 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Hinckesman Bank, where I skipped out to after Tompson Mall was confirmed to be a lost cause, got breached in strength today. Had to skip halfway across town to find a safehouse (damn EH barricades).
- On my way I saw a number of smallish Zombie hordes, and several buildings were occupied by Zombies. The entire West Lockettside is basically lost.
01:53, 11 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Ah opps, make that 3 Zombies down.
01:47, 11 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Tompson Mall under concentrated attack, 50+ Zombies in all sectors. Took two down, would need to scav for ammo soon.
05:07, 10 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Saw Tompson Mall invaded by a few dozen Zombies earlier today. Concentrated firepower blew them back.
- Took a highway patrol earlier today. Guppey is back in survivor hands, that's good. the Cheeke Building is under siege, and that's bad. Blew a Zombie back out through the door, but another 2 came in to support the one I was still working on. Pistols just don't have the knockdown kick of a shotgun.
03:08, 9 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Took Sunday off. Came back to find a gift-wrapped present - Guppey in Lockettside has 12 Zombies inside and a VSB on it. Taking my time to kill them off -- took one down today.
12:19, 7 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Spent the last 2 days scav'ing for ammo. I don't like the loadout I have now, but went out and killed a Zombie anyway.
- Tompson Mall looks to be fairly secured but rumours are going around of hordes of more than a dozen Zombies taking various nearby PDs in Ruddlebank. Not too sure how to interpret this.
05:59, 5 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- A zombie broke into the hospital where I was. This zombie seems to be from The Undying Scourge. If true, it would indicate a major push against Tompson Mall from them.
06:10, 5 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Popped out and zapped a Zombie. Die Zombie Die.
06:36, 5 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- What the hell is with these Zombies? Another one broached the barricades and attacked me again. That made it the third Zombie in 2 days to do that.
01:54, 4 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Close call.
- Went out after stocking up. The initial patrol of Lockettside shows it as peaceful, but Ruddlebank is not. Small hordes of Zombies. Took one down but another 2 rose up. I took some minor damage but had to retreat... damn the UBP again, I nearly ran out of AP getting to a safehouse.
- Wasn't too happy, because apparently the system let some of the Zombies take hits for others. Could be that the Zombie I was attacking walked off while another replaced it, so my attack went to a new zombie. But basically that denied me a kill. :(
13:24, 4 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Closer call.
- St. Emma's Church got its barricade broached earlier today. At least 2 Zombies swarmed in while I was resting. I managed to throw up a weak barricade before something dropped on me and knocked me out.
- When I came to, the barricade was down, a Zombie had took a swipe at me, and there's a dead body in the church. I tossed the body out but couldn't really throw up any decent barricade, so I ran over to the nearby PD. I hope somebody can go over to St. Emma's to help the survivors there.
- Ruddlebank is not safe. Smallish hordes of Zombies are around in the north-eastern side of the suburb. We need exterminators.
17:53, 4 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Closer still!
- The Zombies followed up and broke into Suter Boulevard PD; 7 of them. Not enough ammo or AP to take them all out and they are active, so I ran -- but got infected first. Cleaned that up in the hospital, but this is getting irritating.
- I got ammo for at least one hit and run sortie, but the UBP is hurting me more than it's helping. I'm not sure I can hit and run effectively, but there's nothing but to try..
08:41, 3 Jan 2006 (GMT)
- Spent the New Year scaving for ammo. Good loadout now, just resting up. Seems to be an imminent Zombie assault on the mall I am in, so I may as well stick around.