Welcome to Griff's talk page. Have a question or comment for him? You can put it here, placing your message last under the appropriate category. Please be sure to sign and date your posts. --Griff 22:00, 25 June 2007 (BST)
I just have one question Griff. Are there specific ranks in the ЯHR, or is it pretty much a free-for-all? --TheBardofAwesome 00:27, 22 December 2010 (UTC)
- Hiya - sorry I didn't catch the question right away. While I suppose I'm in charge of things, there's no ranks...it's just not that kind of outfit. I left that kinda stuff behind when the DEM and I parted ways. ЯHR is more just a group of friends and like minded survivor-types helping around the neighborhood. Hope that answered your question. If you'd care to discuss further, I'd be happy to do so over on the forum. --Griff 17:13, 15 January 2011 (UTC)
Hiya Griff. Ya remember me? Hehe. Probably not but I was a graduate from the little fawn campus a couple years ago. Anyway. I got a alt that I don't like running around the map with so I thought perhaps he would be put better to use aiding old friends in a smaller area. Anyway. Nice to see my past doesn't always escape me. Later Griff. --Gman513 15:30, 20 November 2011 (UTC)
- Hey, Gman! Yes, I do remember you! Feel free to swing on by the Splain Arms in Richmond Hills and say hello! --Griff 19:22, 26 November 2011 (UTC)
Dead Dude Hunters
Hello Griff, this is Gnayrj, of the Dead Dude Hunters, we now have a radio tower in our factory and was wondering where it should be tuned to? If the suburb doesn't have an existing radio network, I'm all for aiding in the set up of one.
- Hey, Gnayrj - good to hear from you. I responded to your question on the talk:Dead Dude Hunters page. --Griff 01:33, 17 August 2007 (BST)
This is Vincey, the leader of Dead Dude Hunters and I was wondering your stand on the current situation in Richmond Hills and the entire North West Quadrant of Malton. I am currently thinking about relocating to a safer Suburb and making skirmishes on zombie infested areas. Vincey, 2:11 AM 9/6/07
- Hey there, Vincey...good to hear from you. Sorry for my delay. I'll respond on the talk:Dead Dude Hunters page. --Griff 03:30, 12 September 2007 (BST)
MBEK Richmond Hills Activity
Yes? lol. We're pretty nomadic, but frequently return to the Richmond/Havercroft area.
Hey there friend! I don't want to see that painting I gave you and Idril as a houswarming gift on the Antiques Roadshow anytime soon! Glad you like it!!! --Blazing Saddle 13:45, 18 August 2008 (BST)
Just tossing this one out there
As I know you are a pretty solid RPer and all
Birthplace: N.Y., New York that plus this Hates: ignorance, dishonesty, racism, bullying do not equal a true reflection of New York, trust me on that I am one. --
- Hi there! Thanks for the compliment and for taking interest enough to "toss one". By saying "I am one", do you mean you're a New Yorker? As it happens, so am I. I'm not quite sure I understand your comment, however. Are you implying that all New Yorkers are ignorant, dishonest, racist bullies? Or, and not intending offense, is that rather what you mean by "am I one"? Just trying to understand your meaning. Regardless, the description as I wrote it is a true reflection of the character it applies to. Whether or not it is a true reflection of the city/state of New York as a whole I suppose is open to interpretation. YMMV. --Griff 21:20, 8 January 2010 (UTC)
You're mayor of Richmond Hills? Nice one. It's good to see someone that can keep their head is in charge there. It was a good thing to have someone who could remain sensible during our discussion, although it appears your attitude to us gamblers has gone downhill since being forced out of Richmond Hills. -- Rahrah wants you all to know that MOM is open now. 21:45, 17 January 2010 (UTC)
- Thank you for the compliment. The zombies were an inconvenience, yes...but that's what they do. No, my attitude is still the same. Nice talking to you too, Bee. --Griff 04:27, 18 January 2010 (UTC)
Just a heads-up
I stumbled upon your page while looking around the Wiki and liked the set up you had on your character. So much so that I mimic'd the layout. I hope you don't mind, I just really liked it. I will be altering the copy so it doesn't look like a cookie-cutter-copy from it. I just wanted to give you the decency of telling you that I used your layout, instead of just stealing it without a word of thanks. Thanks.
In addition, congratulations on your marriage to Bri. I'm sure the two of you will be happy together. Oh yes, when I passed by earlier today, the Splain Arms was a little muddied up with blood. It's all clean now. Hope to see you around, drinks are on me. --TheBardofAwesome 19:59, 6 June 2010 (BST)
- Thanks for the kind words - don't mind at all. We're on a bit of a wander right now, but I look forward to meeting you once we're back home in the Hills again. Cheers, Derek! --Griff 22:34, 6 June 2010 (BST)
Hey there Griff, This is Jak. I signed up for the RHR forums but I need a validation before I can post there. Um...Do you guys still use it for metagaming/coordination? I would've let ya know in-game, but I'm sort of dead. --Springheel jak 23:26, 20 November 2010 (UTC)
- Hey there, Jak! Yes we do, albeit rather loosely. I'll see about getting your permission sorted. --Griff 03:08, 23 November 2010 (UTC)
Sorry it's taken so long, mister Mayor, I'm a lazy bugger is all. Just finally getting round to dishing these out so here y'go, some bling for your page.
PS: I hope I'm not barred from the pub still, eh? It's the finest watering hole in the city dontchaknow.
|I was killed by DJ Talent and all I got was this|
23:35, 18 May 2012 (BST)
- And sorry for the delay in response. Thanks for the compliment. --Griff 21:59, 7 January 2014 (UTC)
- Grifflik extracted a DNA sample from you. (1 hour and 50 minutes ago) (Scent lost.)
Did you design the Splain Arms page?
Mr. Grifflik, I wanted to compliment you on the nice job you did composing the Splain Arms page. I am assuming you did it; I wanted to give attribution to the designer in a letter I am writing to someone.
I would like to do something nice with the Godson Arms page, as I am a new Mad Crasker. I thought the Splain Arms page by far and away was the nicest of all the public house pages and just wanted to tell whomever did the work that I thought so. I thought the use of vintage photographs a clever and appealing idea.
I would also like to take a second and clarify that I have no intention of using any of your code. Your page is too nice to be imitated in any way, but I wanted it to inspire me to make something pleasing for the Godson Arms (but by studying actual tourist sites online for real English inns, restaurants, etc.)
- Hi there, Margaret! And no need for the "Mr." buisness. Just "Griff" is fine. Pardon the slightly delayed response. The Splain Arms page is indeed some of my work - thanks for the kind words! A lot of the described locations in Richmond Hills are my doing...kind of coloring in some details of the place I call home. Best of luck with efforts in sprucing up the Godson page...location work is fun and creatively rewarding when you have the time and inclination to do it! From one survivor group to another, please give the Craskers my regards, and If you're ever in the Richmond Hills area feel free to stop in to the Splain for a pint! --Griff (talk) 20:39, 19 April 2019 (UTC)
- Thank you for getting back to me, Griff. I confess I stole your jukebox idea for one of my alts, Isabel "Bizzy" Bowers, who has a bookshop in Rolt Heights. If you are peeved, I will remove that at once, with my apologies. Here's the link: http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/User:Catherine_Cushing/Isabel_%22Bizzy%22_Bowers
- If you don't mind my asking, do you have any idea how many people are in the Richmond Hills Regulars? Do they hang out in the Splain Arms? (Did you make the Giffard Arms page, too?) The reason I ask is that I might be making a change soon in one of my alts' life, Constance Claremont #2309136, so I was wondering if any openings might be available? Thanks for your help, Griff. Catherine Cushing (talk) 06:09, 20 April 2019 (UTC)
- No worries on the Juke (very nice job on the page by the way - lovely read). Don't mind at all...and I also don't mind about the group question. These days we've only got about 5-ish (?) active/semi-active, and we're honestly a pretty lacksdaisical crew. We don't have ranks/positions or such to speak of, and communication is mostly just in game...our forum (which wasn't being used much honestly) went poof a while ago. Hm. I suppose I should make sometime to modify that communication portion of the group page and such. Anyway. Several local Rich Hills/Havercroft residents and colorful characters are still regulars to the pub and we get friendly visits from patrons of the nearby branch of McCloud's on occasion. Those of us still up and about do tend to hang at the Splain but also wander up to the Giffard on occasion to check in on Matson (and yes that page was largely done by me as well).
- Ah, Constance is/was a CORAM member from Lukinswood, yeah? Nice. Sure, we've got room but we like to get to know folks first before having them officially sign on. Best suggestion is to have her swing by the Splain for a visit and chat. Hang out a bit and see if we're a fit for you. --Griff (talk) 15:00, 20 April 2019 (UTC)