Instructions for Posting
I noticed my comments were starting to become a little disorganized. Using my mad wiki-skillz, this page is now roughly in order. It's going to be in five sections.
REMINDER: Please post your new topic at the top of the section, so that older topics are below it. Thanks.
No idea where to post your topic? Then this is the place.
PDA Promotion Ceremony
By order of Founding members Lemonhead7t7 and Jurai, you are hereby invited to a promotion ceremony in your honor. As of March 10th, 2013, you will be the new acting leader of the PDA. If you choose to accept this honor, you will help to lead our group into its next revival. Jurai and I will be by your side ad your advisement and await your orders. There is a Facebook page we have been using to coordinate our efforts. Please join it if you are able: https://www.facebook.com/groups/383323625083666/. Best of wishes, here's to the next golden era of the PDA! LemonHead7t7 *̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡|͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|]]| ̡̡̡ ̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡*̡͌l̡* Talk/PDA/Red Rum/MOB 01:07, 4 March 2013 (UTC)
Hailo thar, So, when is The Dulston Alliance planning to retake the Suburb? In my opinion Dulston is among the most valuable suburbs, it can sustain itself too. --Dr Cory Bjornson 23:36, 18 April 2008 (BST)
- For whatever it's worth I did a quick run down of Dulston and it's TRPs. - , 05:00, 25 April 2008 (BST)
Auto Repair Shop fuel cans, spray cans, toolboxes
+Factory fuel cans, lengths of pipe, portable generators, toolboxes
Junkyard fuel cans, lengths of pipe, pistol clips, shotgun shells, spraycans
Warehouse fuel cans, lengths of pipe
No schools A few junkyards, warehouses Plus the mall.
I think you can effectively find anything you need (more or less), Especially if you have the surrounding suburbs.
- Hey again, I think I'll join the Dulston Alliance forums. I've joined up with the USAI for the moment, Then, after a while, I'll look into starting up The Monolith in Dulston - , 05:38, 25 April 2008 (BST)
Greetings Ottari, as you may recall we had a spirited discussion a while back on the topic of new badges. The complaint which had been raised was that none of the honorary NT badges (i.e. Blackmore Watchkeeper) were in the SW or SE quadrants of Malton. At the time I was trying how best to determine which NT should be awarded the next such ribbon in order to spread them out more and allow NecroWatch members in those quadrants access to similar ribbons. The solution I came up with was to award the decision to the first two people who achieved 150+ scans. As you know, that's you and Duke Garland. As you have the SW Master Recon badge and Duke has the SE Master Recon badge I have decided that you can select any NT building within SW Malton, while he will choose one for the other quadrant. All I ask is that you select one with some degree of historical significance to it. And thus I've tactfully
shirked awarded my responsibility this honor to you. The new badges will be created after both you and Duke respond, along with the Four Corners badge we discussed. --Mobius 13:10, 7 March 2008 (UTC)
GASP! The terrible lies!
I would like to report Evidence A and Evidence B. The first is an alleged scan image from the "Bridgman Building", but as you can see, Evidence B is a previous scan from this building. Notice a difference? And the most damning evidence... Evidence C, a scan image from the Beale Building. Note the similarity between Evidence A and C. I propose that you messed up your posted scan images! Royally no less! How do you plead? --Mobius187 15:12, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
- *Eep!*I'm guilty as charged on this one. My apologies for uploading the incorrect image, and I'll have a fresh, and accurate image up soon. --Ottari 18:51, 4 February 2008 (UTC)
Congratulations <<Subject Name>>!
|A.L.I.C.E. - NecroNet 2.0|
Test Assessment Report
This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here:
It's hard to overstate
We do what we must
because we can.
For the good of all of us.
Except the ones who are dead.
But there's no sense crying
over every mistake
You just keep on trying
till you run out of cake.
And the Science gets done.
And the scanning is fun.
For the people who are
Congratulations. A.L.I.C.E. has granted you authorization to officially display this template with honor. You have done us proud NecroTechnician. Good job. --Mobius187 02:30, 2 February 2008 (UTC)
This may interest you...
Take a look, we're talking about a new type of medal ribbon, one that involves running a marathon race between NT facilities. As you are one of the more mobile members I would like to hear your thoughts on this. After all, you'll probably want to get in on the action. ;) --Mobius187 18:54, 31 January 2008 (UTC)
Yes. Your wildest dream has come true. More ribbon badges are now available at NecroWatch. There are now 3 new ribbons for you to earn: Combat Recon, Morrish Sentinel, and Raines Hills Tour of Duty. Please note that only scans reported after January 29th, 2008 count towards Combat Recon (so as to be fair to newcomers). Of course right now 2 ribbons could be earned in one scan, so be sure to visit the Battle of Pitneybank before it's all over. Which shouldn't be anytime soon, mind you. Also look forward to title trophies as the next update, for those NecroTechnicians who consider themselves "the best of the best". ;) --Mobius187 01:44, 30 January 2008 (UTC)
Congrats on the kills in the FB war. Hat's off.
- We appreciate that you arent being a douche about the war lol,were actually pretty nice. We just don't deal with shit. Plus,it gives you free XP,and it's really not that bad.--Texasxdoom 08:45, 17 June 2007 (BST)
|This user helps to maintain or update the NT Status Map.|
Curious about the Pescodside Defense Alliance or Dulston Alliance, or a representative from another group? Comment here if you wish to ally with my groups, or wish to ask a question as a representative of your own group. Alliances form here!
The Whitlock Building
Hi (I post the same message on Liberal Pi's talk page because I don't know how close you two are working together). My issue is: I usually make a scan for The Whitlock Building once every day, and I add the number of zeds in a chart, so it's possible to see the recent development. I won't be able to make scans till (probably) next Sunday, so I wanted to ask you if you could do the daily scan, if you have the time. If you do but don't have the time/nerve to put it up on the Whitlock page, it would be cool if you could at least post the number of zeds for each day on my Talk page on Saturday/Sunday, so I can work them into my chart. Don't feel forced to do all this, it's not that bad if I don't get the data for these few days, but nevertheless it would be great if you find the time. Keep up the good work! Regards, Balcony JediELT|Talk! 17:28, 4 July 2007 (BST)
Thank you for updating our Light Map, your help is appreciated! In the (g)olden days of the Electric Light Torchestra the map was updated several times a day, but now that we're under-staffed we don't have the time and the energy to keep it up-to-date. I hope one day we'll be back at large, and that more people like you will care and contribute!
Wondering about the Necronet report I just posted for your suburb? Ask questions here!
Ghost Recon Badge
you've added ghost recon to your necrowatch plate after uploading 3 scans in Judgewood on 12th January. Well, on suburb it was indeed marked "ghost" at that time, however that was a mark from 29th December and was morelike outdated... just a note. --~~~~ [talk] 11:03, 20 January 2008 (UTC)
- I don't dispute the fact that the suburb map is often out of date. However, Judgewood still fell (debatably) under the definition of Ghost Recon. I can attest to the fact that more than 2/3rds of the suburb's buildings either Empty either ransacked or ruined at the time of my visit. Indeed, there might have been five buildings in survivor hands (three being the NT facilities). I had to bring my own fuel can and genny for Perceval at the time. Whether it meets the definition of no zombie mobs over 10 and no total zombies over 60 is the disputable aspect of the Ghost Town definition. The Perceval scan showed a scan of 12 zeds directly outside. Other scans revealed 8 zeds outside Peet, and 1 outside Ludlow.
- I maintain that, for all intents and purposes, Judgewood was a ghost town as defined by the UD community on the wiki (suburb map) at the time I posted my scans, and thus met the requirements of the Ghost Recon ribbon. Though this definition might have been slightly outdated, it was mostly accurate, and the mob of 12 zeds represented a simple spike in zed activity. The safer danger level in Judgewood, Roywood, and Dakerstown right now is at least partly a product of the DEM training team that went up that way. It marked a major turning point for the area's safety. -Ottari
- What's all this then? I checked and the facts stand as follows: on December 29th WanYao reported that Judgewood was a ghost town. Then on January 18th it was reported that the suburb was in fact just moderately dangerous. Now we all know the suburb rating system is flawed to some degree as it requires people to actually care about updating it. For this purpose the Ghost Recon badge isn't so much about confirming that a suburb is a ghost town, but rather just to confirm what its status really is at the time. If it's still a ghost town, fine, but if it isn't then that's good too because you can now let everyone know that's the case. Either way the suburb doesn't need to actually be a real ghost town to earn the badge, so much as it needs to have been one prior to your efforts to clarify the matter. I suppose where this really comes into discussion is the fact that A Helpful Little Gnome and Cuio reported scans prior to Ottari, so one should presume if (at that time) they realized that Judgewood was no longer a ghost town it would have prevented any further attempts to acquire Ghost Recon from said suburb. But they didn't. Huh. I suppose that's really what we should discuss, but as the thought never crossed my mind when I first came up with the Ghost Recon badge I suppose I shot myself in the foot since I don't want to start taking away badges. It would be like me changing the ranking system all of a sudden because you guys are such obsessive scanners that I should make the last rank require 500+ scans... but I can't do that. Now can I? :P
- Long story short, in the future I think we need to consider using scans to update suburb danger levels. If a suburb can be proven as a ghost town, it should become one, which begs the question: if you've proven a suburb is a ghost town and everyone agrees, doesn't that mean you've earned the Ghost Recon badge? Why do you people keep asking me these difficult questions?!? I shall retire to my ready room for now. ;) --Mobius187 20:29, 20 January 2008 (UTC)
- Just thought i'd mention this. A Suburb has just become a ghost town.--RosslessnessWant a Location Image? 20:36, 20 January 2008 (UTC)
- Good to know. From this day forward if scans from a Ghost Recon badge attempt reveal that a suburb is no longer a ghost town, it is that person's obligation to update the suburb danger level to one that is more appropriate. If the locals argue it and it gets reverted, that's not our fault and maybe they know something we don't, but if they do that then it's open season for the next NecroWatch member looking for the badge. Also, if while scanning a suburb you find one that meets the criteria for a ghost town you are free to earn the badge by successfully getting everyone to agree with you (by "everyone" I mean the locals who use the suburb wikipage in question, as some can be resentful when you label their suburb a ghost town). --Mobius187 20:48, 20 January 2008 (UTC)
I wasn't trying to accuse anyone in anything. I believe that both Helpful Little Gnome and Ottari deserve the Ghost Recon badge and both gained it fairly (Gnome on 8th and Ottari on 12th). I'm just doubting a bit it how we bind a badge achivement to the unreliable and drama-ful wiki dangermap. Not that i care about badges, do i? ;) --~~~~ [talk] 21:39, 20 January 2008 (UTC)
|A.L.I.C.E. - NecroNet 2.0|
|Greetings Ottari. As of January 1st 2008 all NecroNet scans reported to NecroWatch by licensed NecroTechnicians, such as yourself, count towards ranks with the ultimate prize of earning delicious cake. You are reminded that standard non-intrusion policy requires that you update the "Total Scans" counter for your profile on the membership list whenever you report/post new scans. This prevents any mix-ups, or double counting, for the same scan by Caleb Usher. Thank you and remember, keep posting those scans for your chance to receive a delicious cake.|
Re: Allied Travellers
Unfortunately, the Allied Travellers disbanded a few months ago, so they shouldn't pass the DA ally review. There is not much likelihood of the group being brought back either, just so you don't keep us in the 'maybe' column. Thanks for keeping in touch when needed! DanceDanceRevolution 13:21, 15 July 2008 (BST)
General Wiki Questions and Comments
Wondering what I'm up to on the wiki or wanting to find out more about my templates and projects on the wiki? Post here!
There's a problem with your signature. You've made the timestmp a part of it, so all the posts you've signed with it appear to have been made on May 16th. --Midianian|T|T:S|C:RCS| 10:46, 19 August 2008 (BST)
Ottari NT Map
I checked out you personal map that you're using to record scans. It's nice, but I can actually suggest something that would meet your needs much better. Did I come up with it? Nope. Goebi did, and it was for a project he started and I helped him on, namely Malton Rail. What you want to take a look at is how we displayed each quadrant of Malton (NW, NE, SW, SW). Actually, here's a sample:
The ratio in each suburb was originally to show how many railroad buildings were created (wikipages) out of the total in the suburb. What I suggest is you use that to instead indicate how many NTs within the suburb you've scanned. Now what I suggest is something similar, only instead of using the suburb danger reports to colour-code your map use a 4-colour method. The colour would be red for no scans posted for that suburb, yellow for when you've posted some scans, and green for when you scan from every NT in the suburb. That's three, I know, the fourth colour would be grey for a suburb that has 0 NTs. To do that you simply yank the template and replace it with a hard-coded solution. All you need to do is take the template code (i.e. background:#FFFFCC;border:solid 2px #EEDD00) and just add it into the table. Simple as that. Also, for added usefulness I suggest changing the suburb links to point to the appropriate suburb section in NecroWatch... the way I coded it gives you that opportunity. All you need to do is insert the wikipage/sub-page before the anchor (i.e. #). I hope that helps. --Mobius187 21:04, 20 January 2008 (UTC)
You might want to...
You might want to make an archive page for all your necronet scans. --User:Axe27/Sig 04:21, 20 June 2007 (BST)
I just wanted to let you know that I have incorporated the PDA's NT scan reports, which you generate, into a new group wikipage. Please refer to the wikipage title. Later I'll have the other wikipage deleted, or create another purpose for it. --Mobius187 June 2 2007, 9:04 AM (EST)
You know you want to... I have an ego the size of Malton, so please feel free to leave compliments.
Boy...everyone sure loves cookies...Hopefully I won't run out...
|A FREE COOKIE|
|Axe Hack has given Ottari a cookie for solving Quiz #5 and left the building.|
|Money Really Does Grow On Trees!|
If this doesn't help you forget, nothing will.
|Money Really Does Grow On Trees!|
|WE WANT PIE!|
|This user wants pie, if not, you may be in the verge of death...|
|Money Really Does Grow On Trees!|
Thanks for the heads up! Your Welcome at our HQ's anytime!Lemonhead7t7 05:57, 24 April 2007 (BST)
The Last Stand
Thank you for the offer im alright with you giving color to our wiki, and i had no idea that Caleb had retired, ive been trying to email him for a while. thank you for yours and the PDAs help!! if you need anything i will attempt to ablige!Xig2 02:11, 27 May 2008 (BST)