Walwyn Bank

From The Urban Dead Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search
Walwyn Bank

Pashenton [78, 19]

Birfutt Square the Egleton Building Uttermare Grove
a warehouse Walwyn Bank Merryweather Cinema
Ledward Auto Repair Club Pledger wasteland

Basic Info:

  • All banks were emptied or looted prior to evacuation. Tagging a bank earns 1 XP.
  • Banks are Dark buildings.
  • Among the internal descriptions found in Banks:
    • "The vault lies open, its contents either looted or transferred."
  • Banks can be barricaded normally.


Mall-unknown-small.jpg

Walwyn Bank
Last updated December 2017
Danger Updater MDUDC 13:30, 17 December 2018 (UTC)


Old-bank.jpg

History

The Walwyn Bank, named for a construction worker killed during its construction, is the oldest bank in Pashenton, founded in early 1898. Known for its grand columns and simple wooden counters, Walwyn Bank was created to serve the large influx of factory workers moving in from the surrounding suburbs who wished to deposit their earnings. Notably, the Walwyn is also the location of the first (and only) successful bank heist in Northeast Malton. In August of 1922, one James E. Fenway and his accomplice George Cooper entered the bank wearing trenchcoats and carrying pistols. After calmly waiting in line, they quietly demanded the teller to give them as much money as they could carry- or they would kill her. When they received the money, the teller cried out, and in the resulting struggle three shots were fired, all from the robbers, leaving two customers wounded and a guard dead. They escaped by car and were never found.

Little of note happened to the Walwyn after the heist. Renovations occurred in late 1985 to repair the stone of the building, leaving it shut down for a few weeks. During the Incident, the bank was used as a safe house by survivors and sustained minor zombie attacks. Currently, it is maintained by the Enraged Pandas, whom keep it at VSB+2 so the inexperienced may enter.

Barricade Policy

This building is to be kept at VSB+2 to allow newbies to enter and to be used as a free running corridor between the key resource points of Rawkins Row Police Department and St. Seraphim's Hospital (Pashenton).

Personal tools
advertisements