Webber Boulevard

From The Urban Dead Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search
Webber Boulevard

Pegton [80, 55]

Vine Grove School
(Edgecombe)
Winscombe Crescent Carver Street
the Collinns Building
(Edgecombe)
Webber Boulevard St. Birgitta's Church
Bunt Place School
(Edgecombe)
a warehouse Perks Avenue Railway Station

Basic Info:

  • A Street is a city block containing no buildings or monuments. There are a variety of other names besides Street including Alley, Avenue, Boulevard, Drive, Grove, Lane, Row, Square, Walk, Place, etc.
  • This is an empty block, and cannot be barricaded.

Webber Boulevard

Description

Webber House itself, behind blue barricades.

An upscale residential street of discreet townhouses, epitomising the understated style of Pegton's west end.

History

Walter Webber. Money stuck to him like glue.

Notable for being the place chosen by Walter Webber for his modest residence after the success of his Sticky Stuff Co. factory, Webber Boulevard was originally known as Church Way, referring to the historic monument to 'St Fatty' to the east. The street was named after its most famous resident in 1954.

The boulevard is a fine example of the Pegtonian architectural school, in which ostentation is eschewed in favour of unassuming outward appearance, concealing often fabulous wealth. Webber himself had a highly reputed art collection as well as a keen eye for tasteful decor, quite at odds with his business image as a hard-nosed glue manufacturer.

The boulevard lost some of its cachet with the opening of Perks Avenue Railway Station, and the concomitant rise in crime in nearby blocks caused several home-owners to sell up and move further north.

The broad street with its well-built houses should make this a popular place for establishing safehouses, but despite the outbreak, absentee landlords continue to charge exorbitant rents which deter all but the wealthiest or foolhardiest survivor from spending the night here.



Personal tools
advertisements