Amusing Locations in Malton/Sir Dick Longman
|Amusing Locations in Malton|
|Location Voting, Review and Discussion|
|Edible Locations in Malton | Death Rattle-able Locations in Malton | Amusing Locations in Monroeville | Amusing Locations in Borehamwood | Cock Locations in Town|
One of Malton's most famous inhabitants, Sir Dick Longman was knighted for his heroics on the battlefield during the Vietnam War, during which he rose to the rank of Sergeant. He was also the founder of Longman Electric, starting the company up as the main rival to Malton Power & Light in 1986.
Chronology of Events in Sir Longman's Life
- 1949 - Born to a poor farmer's wife in a cottage in Newforkhampstershire, a township just outside of Malton.
- 1968 - Enlisted in the armed forces at Fort Creedy after seeing images of the Vietnam War on his television set, or, as they were known at the time, pictosoundagraphomatics.
- 1971 - Longman reaches the rank of Sergeant whilst the casualty rates soar and new recruits rise quickly through the ranks.
- 1972 - Longman is injured by shrapnel, napalm, and an anti-personnel mine in battle during Operation Linebacker, but even after sustaining these horrific injuries, Longman managed to carry a fellow soldier 5 miles to the nearest field hospital.
- 1980 - Hogyson Place - Longman's place of residence - is named after his son's embarrassing deformities.
- 1983 - The Longman Building is completed and dedicated to Dick Longman.
- 1985 - Longman is knighted for his bravery. The Longman Monument is completed in his honour and the suburb of West Boundwood heads into severe recession.
- 1986 - Longman founds Longman Electric and begins work on Tolman Power Station.
- 1988 - A merger between Malton Electronography and Longman Electric leaves Longman in charge of Malton Electric, the only power and gas company to rival Malton Power & Light.
- 2005 - Longman goes missing as a frenzy of zombie activity swamps Malton in what would become known as the Malton Incident.