|Suburb of Ridleybank|
|Update Ridleybank's Danger Level|
|View full-city Danger Center|
|Known groups in this suburb:
Key buildings in Ridleybank:
|Suburb Number: 46|
|Please remember to keep this article neutral.|
Ridleybank (also known as The Bank, The Bonk, The Homeland, or in zamgrh as Ragrabang) is a suburb of Malton, located in the city centre. Before the outbreak, the suburb was notable for the large population of medical students studying at Adalbert and Eugene General Hospitals, two of the seven hospitals in the area. These were built largely to treat the victims of Orange Lung Disease, Melted Toes Syndrome, and Ear-Rot caused by pollution from the local factories, which produced chemicals for NecroTech.
The zombie dominance of Ridleybank has been considered the original standard by which all others are compared against. It is also well known to many in the zombie community as "The Homeland".
The RRF's detailed history of the suburb of Ridleybank can be found here.
The Ridleybank Building Information Center contains status reports and updates on key buildings in the suburb.
For a minimum path route that covers all key buildings in Ridleybank, see here.
As one of the core tenets of the Ridleybank Resistance Front, Ridleybank is considered a great zombie homeland, where survivors are seen as an invading force to be eliminated on sight. As a result, the suburb often draws the attention of zombies seeking to protect the homeland, and survivors seeking to liberate it. Several memorable sieges have occurred over the years at the Blackmore Building, the suburb's only Necrotech facility.
Also making a home in Ridleybank are the offices of the Malton Herald & Sun, the official newspaper of the RRF.
The vast majority of TRPs are in zombie hands, sporadic survivor incursions are bringing buildings "online" but in most cases they are left entirely unattended leaving the suburb devoid of any significant human resistance. ♥ Moonie Talk Testimonials 07:16, 16 July 2011 (BST)
Most buildings are online and caded to VSB or higher. The few ruins that remain have had repair costs reset in the last few days with the exception of dark buildings. Blackmore NT is ruined with Repair Cost of 8 AP. Zombie numbers are estimated to be in the 25-30 range. --04:50, 7 July 2011 (BST)
"... crossing Ridleybank now, can see about forty down there ... a few outside St Simon's Hospital ... can't see any signs of life ... it's a wasteland down there ... the Blackmore Building is down ..." Sukyanti 11:10, 8 June 2011 (BST)
"... crossing Ridleybank now, can see about forty down there ... mostly just stragglers, no organised groups ... can't see any signs of life ... it's a wasteland down there ... the Blackmore Building has fallen - repeat, the Blackmore Building has fallen..." Sukyanti 20:17, 18 May 2011 (BST)
25.96 MHz: "... crossing Ridleybank now, can see maybe a dozen down there ... all stragglers, no groups ... can't see any signs of life ... it's a wasteland down there ... the Blackmore Building has fallen - repeat, the Blackmore Building has fallen ..." -- Papa Jadkor (RRF) (MotA) (MT11) 14:04, 18 April 2011 (BST)
25.96 MHz: "... crossing Ridleybank now, can see thirty or so down there ... all stragglers, no groups ... can't see any signs of life ... it's a wasteland down there ... the Blackmore Building has fallen - repeat, the Blackmore Building has fallen ..." -- Papa Jadkor (RRF) (MotA) (MT11) 21:46, 31 March 2011 (BST)
A quick tour covering most of the suburb showed only Coat Road School barricaded, everything else is ruined. --Grogh 22:31, 30 March 2011 (BST)
- 1/3 of TRP's are now repaired and secure. 1/2 of the suburb is barricaded (from Bad Attitude Barbie). -MHSstaff 05:01, 21 March 2011 (UTC)
- All but one TRP is ruined and/or occupied.--Irishmen 07:17, 21 March 2011 (UTC)
And with the re-securing of Moggridge Place PD, 50% of police departments are repaired and in survivor hands (n=2!) 100% of Necrotech buildings (n=1) remain in zombie claws. Zombie numbers inside the surburb have increased and they have re-ruined 40% of the buildings. All previous updates by this writer are documented and accurate .-- 03:54, 20 March 2011 (UTC) Non-author template added. -- ♥ Moonie Talk Testimonials 06:24, 7 July 2011 (BST)
- Most hospitals and half of all factories are currently ruined. However, the status of many buildings have cycled frequently over the last seven days, and it is likely that current reports may be outdated or inaccurate. -MHSstaff 22:11, 21 March 2011 (UTC)
80% of Ridleybank is in survivor hands. Blackmore NT is lit and secure. Comparison of The Blackmore Building necronet scans reveal Zombie numbers around the NT have decreased by 33% over the last 48 hours.-- 04:24, 18 March 2011 (UTC)
60%-85% of Ridelybank has been in survivor hands over the last 48 hours. 75-100 zombies are fighting back "tooth and nail." --17:00, 16 March 2011 (UTC)
Survivors continue to apply pressure to Ridleybank with many critical TRP's changing hands on a daily basis. Over the last week, survivors have been pushed back from consistently maintaining 75%+ of Ridleybank (Feb 28 - Mar 7, 2011) to currently keeping 35%-50% of the suburb repaired and secure at any given time. --03:37, 14 March 2011 (UTC)
Blackmore NT is back in survivor hands and has been powered up; Blomfield PD also operational once again. Several other non-TRP blocks are undergoing a cycle of ruination and repair.--Mallrat TSI TKS CTD 03:15, 8 March 2011 (UTC)
- Blackmore has 16 zombies inside, 22 survivors and no power. --Irishmen 04:25, 8 March 2011 (UTC)
Most hospitals and both PDs back on-line, some with power; Blackmore still inoperational. Adalbert patients currently being consumed by more than high temperatures, however.--Mallrat TSI TKS CTD 12:30, 1 March 2011 (UTC)
- Most hospitals and the Blackmore building are ruined. -- Papa Jadkor (RRF) (MotA) (MT11) 00:17, 2 March 2011 (UTC)
- Get Eaten! - When you've "been there, done that" when passing through Ridleybank, your friendly neighborhood zombies are more than willing to help you enjoy the joys that the 'bank holds for the undead. The local zombies guarantee that if you're not dead by the third hour outside, then the brainz are on us! Drop dead into Ridleybank today!
- Run Around and/or Scream! - Sure, any survivor can walk into Ridleybank and get eaten by zombies, but a real survivor can avoid all that by running around and screaming. Yes, the classic technique of running around and screaming has been passed down through the ages by our forefathers to us, so why not use it? Come on down to Ridleybank and run around for a bit! Screaming is optional. And if you can't come up with a good reason to scream the zombies will find one for you.
- Hang Out! - Reel in the spa of our many safehouses and relax from all the stress in Malton. Drinks are in the fridge, free massages are available. However, zombies have installed bloodbaths in many safehouses, so please check with your masseur before relaxing.
- Run Around and Sing! - Make sure you stay in shape by running through the suburb and knocking down a couple of zombies. If you want to show off your talents, feel free to stop by in one of our singing clubs!
- Kill some Zombies! - There are always zombies in Ridleybank, so come, seize the XP, waste the AP, and introduce them to your loaded shotgun or your revive syringe. Feel free to do so, and when you see the RRF, keep in mind they want your shotguns more than your revive syringes.
- Don't kill zombies! - This pastime is widely in use for those that wish to remain breathing and/or keep all their limbs attached to their bodies!
Like most suburbs, Ridleybank has a survivor-based barricade plan. However, it must be noted for the sake of neutrality, that the RRF has its own building code, which it seeks to enforce. Both survivor and RRF barricade policies are listed below.
RRF Building Code
Ord 1.1 Barricades
- Barricades and the building of such are forbidden in Ridleybank, in Barhahville, and Stanbury Village due to the various negative effects of these constructions. Much like meth labs, barricades lower property values, obstruct emergency access, present an eyesore, and violate fire codes. As such, barricades are illegal and will be removed as discovered.
Ord 1.1a Fines
- Barricades, Being present in a building with: One Brain per adult. People under the age of two levels will not be fined but given a stern Graaahing on the perils of barricade-abuse, and offered an opportunity to become a naturalized citizen of Ridleybank.
- Barricades, Building of: One Brain per adult. Violators capable of building barricades will be always eaten first, since they are violating Ridleybank's only building ordinance by their mere existance. Remember, barricades don't annoy zombies, barricade-builders annoy zombies.
- Barricade, Being a: Immediate destruction. If the barricade is found in possession of Brains, then the barricade will be fined one Brain and given a stern graaahing on shaping up and adding to the community, possibly as a gazebo.
Since there are rare instances of increased human presence in the suburb, The Cannonball Crew has created a plan based on the Uniform Barricading Policy. According to the policy, "high value" targets such as hospitals and police departments should generally be kept at VSB (Very Strongly Barricaded) in order to give low-level survivors access. However, if one of these buildings is attacked, survivors can raise the barricades until the attack is over. Eugene General Hospital and the Blackmore Building are exceptions to this rule.
It should be noted that this neighborhood is claimed as the home of the largest zombie horde in the game. Barricade levels cannot be guaranteed and low-level survivors are advised to stay out of the area.
Barricade Policy Diagrams and Comparison:
|Zombie Plan, per the RRF||Survivor Plan, per the Cannonball Crew|