Suggestion:20070705 Fuel Can Tweak
From The Urban Dead Wiki
|This suggestion has finished voting and has been moved to Peer Rejected.|
20070705 Fuel Can Tweak
--Acoustic Pie 20:58, 4 July 2007 (BST)
Well this one is simple, as I was refuelling a generator yesterday and then came back to my stronghold I found that that generator at my stronghold was out of fuel and I thought it would be useful if you could use fuel cans more than once so you didn't have to go back and search again to then maybe not have enough AP to get back 'home'! It would help because it means that less AP would have to be spent on finding a fuel can twice (as explained before). Also as almost everyone knows when Gker destroys a generator and a new one is put in the building, it needs refuelling so if you have two lots of fuel then you could easily refuel it, then keep the fuel can with fuel in. So if a Gker comes again you can refuel it when a new generator is put in.
Plus you could do one of two things to make this tweak balanced:
- You could increase the encumbrance by half (5%, so it would be 15% instead of 10%), this would mean that you would have 2 bits of fuel, but the downside of the 15% from having it twice. This may seem a lot but it would save people searching for more fuel and it would mean that they could refuel other buildings
- Keep the same encumbrance but only give the generator 60 hours of fuel (instead of 120 as the fuel can would be the same size) so that once again you save AP but have the downside of not having the 120hours that a normal one would give you.
Finally, I think that with these balances (or non at all depending on what you the voters think) I believe that this tweak will mean that it saves a lot of people a lot of AP and will mean that multiple strongholds can be powered in one go. Personally I don't think that this tweak is too overpowering for humans as it doesn't give anyone a boost besides when they search a building.
It just seems a bit pointless to have a generator put in, refuelled (taking a lot of AP)to have it possibly destroyed the next day meaning even more AP needs to be spent finding fuel and a generator. When you can just find the generator but have the fuel.
Thank you for reading and please start to vote! :)
|Votes must be numbered, justified, signed, and timestamped.
Votes that do not conform to the above may be struck by any user.
|The only valid votes are Keep, Kill, Spam or Dupe. If you wish to abstain from voting, do not vote.|
- Keep - Author vote --Acoustic Pie 20:58, 4 July 2007 (BST)
- Kill - From what I understand, the "Search" feature is a balancing part of the game, in and of itself. By taking this away, you give survivors an AP boost; despite the attempt to balance the problem with an increase of encumbrance. When you leave home, just make sure you have two fuel cans: one for the trip, and one for the return. --Ryiis 21:06, 4 July 2007 (BST)
- Kill - The fact that they're costly balances out the ability to find items easier. P.S. Damn edit conflictions-- dǝǝɥs oʇ ɯɐds: sʎɐʍ1ɐ! 21:08, 4 July 2007 (BST)
- Kill - "I believe that this tweak will mean that it saves a lot of people a lot of AP", this means it's a MAJOR buff to survivors, as the zombies don't save any AP. Mechanisms which use AP are part of the balancing system of UD. UD isn't just survivors vs NPC zombies, every player is a person and so UD must be fun for everyone. 'arm. 21:30, 4 July 2007 (BST)
- Kill - Armareum said it above. - BzAli 21:42, 4 July 2007 (BST)
- Kill - What's in it for the zombie lovers? Vault 22:04, 4 July 2007 (BST)
- Kill -- as 'arm. --Firemanrik 22:07, 4 July 2007 (BST)
- Kill - What those first 3 said -- boxy T Nuts2U DA 02:42, 5 July 2007 (BST)
- kill - as the first two and a half. 99% of the suggestions boosts just one side of the game. That is how it works. Do not vote for or gainst because it boost the other side. Simply vote on merit. Kevan usually goes out of his way to be fair in these things.-- 09:24, 5 July 2007 (BST)
- Kill - Well, No. Petrol runs are time-consuming and dangerous, adn as a survivor, I quite enjoy the challenge.--Seventythree 22:32, 4 July 2007 (BST)
- change would be an outright kill or even SPAM except that you inadvertantly make a good point. Gkers and zeds killing generators mean that it is fairly rare for a gennie to run out of fuel in any important location. That being the case i would ration it out bit by bit to preserve my precious juice. You say fuel currently lasts 120 hours? I suggest rationing the fuel into short bursts gives you 2 36 hour bursts from the same can!--Honestmistake 13:29, 5 July 2007 (BST)
- Kill - Ha, 'balances'. --Ducis DuxSlothTalk 01:14, 6 July 2007 (BST)
- Above and below. -- ΧIII 23:00, 8 July 2007 (BST)
- Kill - This would free up huge amounts of APs to survivors. -- Nob666 23:07, 19 July 2007 (BST)
- Spam The quote used in kill vote 3 is exactly why this suggestion is spam. Free moves are a no no, if it costs something you have to make up for that cost, this doesn't, it even lowers the cost more because zombie players have to waste more AP than they would have before to compete with survivors in a siege, just think of how this small suggestion would alter the stats/numbers on a large scale. --karek 09:30, 5 July 2007 (BST)
- Spam - So you want to get a free fuel can because you are too lazy to check if your stronghold needs fuel, and want to fuel another building as well. If this is not the definition of laziness leading to spam, something is wrong with the world. --Saluton 15:52, 5 July 2007 (BST)