Suggestion:20080710 Zombie Hunter Knowledge Skill
|This suggestion was voted as spam and closed for voting, with 2 keep, 6 kill, and 9 spam votes.|
20080710 Zombie Hunter Knowledge Skill
Jon Pyre 15:15, 10 July 2008 (BST)
There's more to being a zombie hunter than good aim. I think that in addition to headshot they should have a skill that provides the kind of knowledge a seasoned hunter would know.
What would be useful is the ability to discern the general abilities of a zombie. I suggest that upon hitting a zombie a person with this skill gets a message like this:
You hit the zombie for 3 damage. They drop to 57 HP. You notice its claws are sharp (for rend flesh)
Other messages could be:
- You notice scraps of fresh meat in its teeth (for digestion)
- You notice it retains control over its fingers (for tangling grasp)
- You notice it has an unusually strong arms (for feeding drag)
These message would pop up randomly during combat, and only when you lay a successful blow. The general idea is that as you fight a zombie you can get an idea of how powerful it is. This would be useful for four purposes:
- Zombies often stick around a building after getting killed to try breaking in again. This would let you know how powerful the besieging force is, even if they don't attack you personally. DNA Extractors can check a zombie's skills, but require science skills, AP devoted to the scans, can't cycle through a stack, and have low success on brainrotters.
- If you're unable to kill a zombie yourself it would allow you to tell others how powerful it is. "I got it down to 22hp, watch out it has all the combat skills" or "Focus on healing everyone before you attack it, this is a low level zed"
- Quick appraisal of your chances during live combat. You don't really want to open up the zombie's profile when they're in the middle of eating you.
- Satisfying one's own curiosity/differentiating zombies without violating their anonymity (this skill does not deliver any profile links). This should make combat a bit more interesting.
The messages would appear randomly, and infrequently enough that they don't spam you after each hit. I think that in taking down a 50hp zed with an axe you should only receive around 7 messages. That should be enough to paint an informative picture without getting excessive.
- Note: This skill would be especially useful in Monroeville where there are no extractors.
|Votes must be numbered, justified, signed, and timestamped.
Votes that do not conform to the above may be struck by any user.
|The only valid votes are Keep, Kill, Spam or Dupe. If you wish to abstain from voting, do not vote.|
- Keep This would be a useful skill with a flavorful and logical effect. Shouldn't zombie hunters know something about zombies? --Jon Pyre 15:20, 10 July 2008 (BST)
- Keep - Good work I like it; we need a new hunter skill, but it should only come up like 4 times not 7.--Jamie Cantwel3 TalkAll glory to the Hypnotoad! 15:52, 10 July 2008 (BST)
- Kill - No thank you. I just don't like it. --Midianian|T|T:S|C:RCS| 15:20, 10 July 2008 (BST)
- Kill --Kikashie Read the Dispatch! 15:29, 10 July 2008 (BST)
- kill because 7 peices of info is 6 too many! On a related note though I would consider a zed hunter skill that let you get a profile link from your kills, would need a cost (1AP + chance to catch infection if you are not on full health?)--Honestmistake 15:37, 10 July 2008 (BST)
- Kill - I understand your logic, but I have to agree with grim. 19:12, 10 July 2008 (BST)
- Kill - I like it, but Grim does make a good point. -- Cheese 21:21, 10 July 2008 (BST)
- Kill Make friends with those around you. When you log on, theres at least 3 ways you are given profiles for free, zombies destroying cades, killing people, hurting you. Shout out the profiles. work together. That and breasts are fan tas tic. --RosslessnessWant a Location Image? 22:17, 10 July 2008 (BST)
- Spam - No. Further destroys the concept of Zombie Anonymity, which goes beyond simply the profile link of the zombie: You dont know what hidden tricks it has up its sleeve until it attacks you, or you deliberately scan it. Why should you get that kind of information for free while doing damage? Just scan the zombie already. Oh wait, that costs an additional AP. On top of this, the suggestion is ridiculous. You arent going to be paying close attention to its teeth while clubbing it with an axe, or shooting it. You are going to be paying attention to your swing. Fior a nice comparison, play tennis against a woman. Keep your eyes locked on her breasts while trying to return the ball. You will find that you are powerless to hit the ball because you arent focusing on it. If this had a sizable penalty to accuracy, MAYBE, but no thanks. Also, more spam when im hitting zombies. No thanks. The attack button already bounces around enough as it is. --The Grimch U! E! 15:24, 10 July 2008 (BST)
- Spam – Extract DNA, you lazy bastard. :P Edit: Yes, Monroe has no DNA extractors. This is deliberate. Does nobody value the concept of a faceless zombie horde any more? 15:28, 10 July 2008 (BST)
- Spam - Grim's analogy explains why I am terrible at tennis :( --#4 - Haberdash TMG 15:38, 10 July 2008 (BST)
- Spam - Basically as everyone else. Start coordinating, you lazy mofos. DNA scan. Post profiles of spotted zombies to forums, or send them on the radio, or walk next door and speak them, whatever. Sheeesh. There is no need for this stupid survivor buff, you don't need another fucking skill to buff your trenchcoating. No fucking need at all. --WanYao 16:37, 10 July 2008 (BST)
- Spam - As Grim. Awful suggestion. --Papa Moloch 16:37, 10 July 2008 (BST)
- Wanna know something about the zombies? Successfully scan them and check their profile. -- #nerftemplatedsigs 17:27, 10 July 2008 (BST)
- Spam - as Grim and Axe Hack. --Sir Bob Fortune RR 22:21, 10 July 2008 (BST)
- Spam - As Grim and even Axe. The profile's all you need to know. Besides, we zombies need more improvements than harmanz. --Arcology 22:23, 10 July 2008 (BST)
- Spam - As Grim: "You arent going to be paying close attention to its teeth while clubbing it with an axe, or shooting it." --Neuromanc3r U! 03:11, 11 July 2008 (BST)