20150531 Implement Suggestions
Kamikazie-Bunny (talk) 21:51, 31 May 2015 (UTC)
Quite simple really:
Implement all peer reviewed suggestions.
Undecided suggestions are decided by a coin flip; heads, they are implemented, tails they are not. Kevan flips.
Peer Rejected suggestions are discarded.
|Votes must be numbered, justified, signed, and timestamped.
- # justification ~~~~
Votes that do not conform to the above may be struck by any user.
|The only valid votes are Keep, Kill, Spam or Dupe. If you wish to abstain from voting, do not vote.
- Kill - Kevan hasn't updated the game in years. Being told to implement all of these at once would probably cause his head to explode. A ZOMBIE ANT 03:36, 1 June 2015 (UTC)
- Kill - To be honest, lots of those suggestions are really bad or very outdated for the current game. What Kevan's doing (list some suggestions you'd like to see implemented and he'll have a look) if far more appropriate.--Yonnua Koponen Talk ! Contribs 23:34, 14 July 2015 (UTC)
- Spam or Humorous - Not only would it be an impossible task for one man to accomplish on a part-time basis in any reasonable sort of timetable, but the method for ascertaining whether or not to implement the suggestions is ludicrous. —Aichon— 02:50, 1 June 2015 (UTC)
Advice to Suggesters
- Adding options to your suggestion is not good practice. Others will not vote on the options, only the main body; please don't ask them to do so.
- Once you have posted your suggestion, it is considered complete. Altering the suggestion mechanics after voting has begun nullifies existing votes, and is considered an abuse of the suggestions system. Doing so will result in your suggestion being removed from the voting system to removed suggestions, where you can work out the details and resubmit later if you desire. It is preferred that you remove your own suggestion and resubmit a new version with changes, if changes are needed.
- "Notes" added for clarification purposes, and correcting spelling/typos are permitted. When considering adding a clarification note, it is often better for all parties involved, for the author to remove the suggestion and resubmit it with the clarification included for the voters who have already placed their votes.
Advice to Voters
- You are voting on Suggestions, not Users. The text of your vote should not personally attack or denigrate the user who has submitted it... no matter how ridiculous the idea. Flaming and/or Trolling will not be tolerated.
- Before voting please read the Suggestions Dos and Do Nots and Frequently Suggested Ideas Page to read about concepts that have been generally considered unworkable in the past. You do not need to follow the guidelines on these pages but they are worth consideration before casting a vote.
- One vote per user. No exceptions. You cannot use multiple wiki accounts to vote on a suggestion.
- To Vote, use the  button at the top of the voting section, then enter your vote in the the proper format to the end of the relevant section (keep/kill/spam).
- It is strongly recommended that voters (especially in the kill/spam sections) justify their vote to help others understand the reason they disagree. Feedback helps new suggesters get a feel for what the community does and does not want included in Urban Dead, and a deeper understanding of the balance needed for a workable suggestion.
- Votes must include a signature in order to be considered valid votes. To sign a vote, use --~~~~. Please remember to sign your votes! Unsigned votes will be deleted after 30 minutes or when found.
- Each Suggestion will be open to voting for two (2) weeks, measured from the suggestion's Timestamp, unless it is a Dupe or Spam. If, at the end of that time, there are two thirds (2/3) more Keep votes than Kill votes, the Suggestion will be moved to the Peer Reviewed Suggestions page. Otherwise, the Suggestion will be moved to the Peer Rejected Suggestions page.
|Rules for Discussions
Votes are NOT the place to discuss Suggestions. This page and archived suggestion pages only to be used for the Suggesting and subsequent Voting of these suggestions. If you wish to discuss the suggestion or vote here, please use this page's Talk page (Suggestion talk:20150531 Implement Suggestions). Suggestions do not have to be submitted in order to discuss them. Developing Suggestions can be used to workshop possible suggestions before they are submitted.
- Keep, for Suggestions that you believe have merit.
- Kill, for Suggestions that you believe do not have merit. If you need to discuss a rule fix, use the discussion page.
- Spam, for the most ridiculous suggestions.
- Suggestions can be removed with Spam votes as described on the cycling suggestions page. If the criterion described there are not fulfilled, the suggestion must remain for the whole two weeks.
- Spam votes are not a "strong kill", they are simply here to prevent the utterly ridiculous from clogging up the system. If you do not like the idea, and it's not some crazy uber power or something else ridiculous, VOTE KILL, NOT SPAM. Spam votes will be counted as Kill when votes are tallied.
- Dupe, for Suggestions that are exact or very close duplicates of previous suggestions. For a Dupe vote to be valid, a link must be provided to the original suggestion.
- Dupe votes can be used to remove suggestions as described on the cycling suggestions page. Dupe votes will not be counted when votes are tallied.
- Humourous, for suggestions that are obviously intended to be satirical, or of comedic value only.}}
- Suggestions can be removed with Humourous votes as described on the cycling suggestions page. If the criterion described there are not fulfilled, the suggestion must remain for the whole two weeks.
- Server Load and Programming Complexity are NOT very good Kill reasons. You are voting on the merit of the suggestion and whether or not you think it belongs in the game. Server load/complexity issues are up to Kevan to decide.
- X should be implemented first is not a valid reason for a vote. You are voting on the merit of THIS suggestion, not how it compares to others.
- Votes that do not have reasoning behind them are invalid. You MUST justify your vote.
- Re may be used to comment on a vote. Only the original author and the person being REd can comment. Comments are restricted to a single comment per vote, and it is expected that Re comments be as short as possible. Reing every kill vote is considered abuse of the Re comment. A Re does not count as a vote, and any subsequent discussion not part of the Re comment should be held on the discussion page if there is any extended commenting.
- Note is used by System Operators to invalidate trolling-based votes. Only Sysops may remove troll-based votes and they do so with a strikeout <s></s> in order to preserve the trolling removal for posterity. The voter may contest the strikeout with the Sysop that struck their vote out on the discussion page. Only a System Operator may remove a strikeout.
Try to avoid YELLING, writing in bold, or using italics, except when emphasizing a point which has escaped other voters.
- Keep - I am the author and I am allowed to vote once on my own suggestions. --MrSuggester 05:01, 11 Nov 2005 (GMT)
- Keep - Best. Suggestion. Evar. --Bob_Zombie 04:01, 11 Nov 2005 (GMT)
Keep - Good sugestion. no signature --FakeSuggester 07:39, 15 Nov 2005 (GMT)
- Kill - This is a terrible idea, but you can totally fix it up. --NegativeGal 06:01, 12 Nov 2005 (GMT)
- Re - Please be more specific about how to fix it on the discussion page. --MrSuggester 14:01, 12 Nov 2005 (GMT)
- Re - Sure, I have detailed my proposed fixes here. --NegativeGal 23:38, 12 Nov 2005 (GMT)
Kill - You will eat my poopie and love it! --PooEater 11:12, 13 Nov 2005 (GMT)
- Note - Inane vote removed. Defend in discussion. --DaModerator 11:13, 13 Nov 2005 (GMT)
- Spam - Kung Fu CB Mama on Wheels is an inappropriate Survivor Class. --NoFunAtAll 09:01, 12 Nov 2005 (GMT)
- Dupe - Duplicate Suggestion --AnotherSuggester 05:01, 14 Nov 2005 (GMT)