The Malton Mirror
|Akule News • BBC • Daily Ruminations • Daily Spotlight • Dulston Dispatch • Fortress News • Malton Examiner • Malton Gazette • Malton Herald & Sun • Malton Media • Malton Mirror • The DHPD Newsletter• The Truth • Today's Message|
Help Keep the Mirror Alive!! Send your writing staff application to Marty Banks
THE MALTON MIRROR
Helping Malton realize just how screwed we all are for another week this year, and no, zombies have not eaten my brain. recently....
Current Issue : Updated Monthly (Until I Get More Writers)
New Issue... Fresh off the Press!!
Leave comments and critiques on this weeks paper here...
(Long, Important, or Older Discussions may be moved to Talk Page. If you can't find a post here, please check there...)
Picture of the Month
Specialist Arthur Patstone takes a break during the April-May 2007 Battle for Tompson Mall
--Arthur Patstone - 03 May 2007 (BST)
(Submit your image for 'Picture of the month' to my talk page Here. Remember, being that it's once a month they have to be of good quality to make the cut.)
Official News Updates
- A Brain Controlled, Computer Input Device!!
- The Mirror Has Resumed Issue Production, After a 3 Month Hiatus.
- Northwestern Malton is Lies in Ruins
- Survivors begin congregating in the City's Forts
- LUE Raids Malls Throughout Malton
- Dunell Hills Falls to Coordinated Feral Attack
- Murbulskond of the Zombiecratic Party wins Mayoral election by one vote (Newsblog article)
- Mayor of Malton elections grind to a halt as election officials work to sort out the Zombiecratic primary situation. (Newsblog article)
- Mirror Releases a Supplemental Election Pamphlet for the 2007 Mayor of Malton Election
- The New Malton Colossus manages to gain a foothold in Yagoton
- Extinction Ferverently Denies Claims of Using Bots to Hold Taken NT's
- Former Commisioner of the DHPD 'Conndraka' Issues Statement
- Rumors of Survivor Strike Abound
- Entirety of Northwestern Malton is being seiged.
- Dunell Hills Military Zone Overrun by Zombie Assault
- The 'Mirror' is moving it's HQ to a new secret location and beginning distribution anew on Monday, November 13th.
U POST IT - Classifieds
|The Llama is watching you.|
Post your own news updates here... If it's a big enough story, you may get interviewed for the paper...
Do you like hangin' around the wiki? Going all over Malton? Indifferent to most causes or people? Seek glory? Like cake? (No Milk)
The Zodiacs Recruitment Drive
the Zodiacs are hiring !! looking for adventure as part of a mobile, pro-survivor group? contact us here !! --Le bourreau 16:27, 25 February 2008 (UTC)
Mistakes were Made! - Necrotech's Obvious New Slogan
A production company, known as "Big J Comics", linked to Necrotech has begun issueing bi-weekly statements on the status of surviving Maltonites. The documentary is the subject of much acclaim and controversy both inside Malton and out in the world outside. Read More Here!!
Western Suburbs Overrun
No large groups survivors left in the west, only caiger... -Marty Banks
YRC opens new branch office
The Yagoton Revivification Clinic, Malton's premier life-restoration experts, have opened a new branch office dealing exclusively with brain-rotted patients. Located at the Serrell Building (49,18) on the east edge of town, the rotter clinic will be kept permanently powered and unbarricaded (at least most of the time), allowing patients easy access to the best damn revivification treatment available in the city. Since the clinic is so new, staff are having some issues with uninformed civilians barricading the clinic; however, with increased advertising, we hope to have this problem alleviated soon. X1M43 08:47, 30 July 2006 (BST)
Malton City Zoo open once again!
Malton City Zoo, after experiencing an increase of zombies and shutting down for a short time, the zoo is now back open. Chairman Belmond of The Malton Zookeepers had this to say, "We try and make vists to the zoo enjoyable for all our guests, living or otherwise. Trying to find a friend/mate for our captive zombie "Smasho", We were swamped with unexpected numbers in zombie applicant's, resulting in the suburb falling into disarray". Chairman Belmond then proceeded to invite all willing members of the general to come to the zoo for a fun filled day.--Blood Panther 05:41, 31 March 2007 (BST)
The News Radio
Mirror Radio, keeping you updated. Fair, Balanced, and Unafraid... except of Zombies...
6PM - 11PM EST is our open commentator period, just message your comments and takes on the vital issues in malton. Please Note: The news radio is open at all times to anyone...
Any Commentary at any time, by our friends The Channel 4 News Team, Is considered 'Official Commentary'. -Stay Classy
The Mirror Contributors
This is the list of Freelance or Full-Time writers and reporters for the Mirror. Their Commentary is considered 'Official' All you have to do to get on this list is to either. 1) have written a minimum of three articles for the mirror, two of which have made the front page. 2) Be a polarizing figure in Malton that is involved in the news and politics of the zombie holocaust.
Marty Banks - Editor and Chief
View Marty's Blog
Specialist290 - Writer for the Mirror
View Specialist's Blog
Friends of the Paper
Ron Burgundy - Guest Commentator and Journalist from Channel 4
Sonny Corleone - Former Undead Papa of the RRF
Conndraka - Former Commisioner of the DHPD
Darkmagic - Spokesman and Organizer of Viva La Revolution
|Malton Citizens Broadcast|
|This user or group follows the|
Radio Transmission Conduct Protocol
-- View The Archive of Past Radio Broadcasts...
Viva La Revolution Interview
Okay, I'm sitting down with the leader of Viva La Revolution here on the Mirror Radio Tonight... We're going to speak about issues concerning he and his group.
Good Evening DarkMagic, thank you for taking the time to speak with me. --Marty Banks (aka. Mundane) <DHPD> 02:31, 10 April 2007 (BST)
- Call me covex, and yes, thank you for finnaly getting to me.--Darkmagic 02:34, 10 April 2007 (BST)
Covex? well, first off... Just who is 'Covex'? --Marty Banks (aka. Mundane) <DHPD> 02:36, 10 April 2007 (BST)
- Covex is a username i use to avoid being called cody6 since my brother is also called that, and covex, is a member of the yagoton Revive clinic and formal leader of the first's revolution. --Darkmagic 02:39, 10 April 2007 (BST)
Getting to the 'revolution', just what started the revolution and what are it's ultimate goals? --Marty Banks (aka. Mundane) <DHPD> 02:41, 10 April 2007 (BST)
- now i have to retype this... ok, the revolution was started by a player who i only may call the first revolutionary, a player who has played the game since its start, and around november decided that the game was unbalanced and later founded a early group called the revolutionaries, who are currently in the center. the ultimate goals are to bring balance for both sides and unite humans aginst all threats, though how we get there is up to members of the groups we lead.--Darkmagic 02:47, 10 April 2007 (BST)
Interesting... What kind of level do you feel the game would be balanced; for instance I would like to see the game become balanced as to what it was in October of 2006... and What kind of relations do you have with the new group of survivors that are 'On Strike' against the 'unbalanced game' --Marty Banks (aka. Mundane) <DHPD> 02:55, 10 April 2007 (BST)
- Balanced would be in a way that the game is generaly fair for both sides, essentuly, no point in game history has been a example because kevan rarely makes a truely balanced update anymore. also, i have never heard of a players on strike beyond just crazy idea's. a on strike was one of the ideas the first had though. --Darkmagic 02:59, 10 April 2007 (BST)
If I were you I would look into it, they are survivors that are on strike because of the alleged cheating of Extinction, It's been quite an inflamed situation... can you give us any insight as to how you will convince kevan to balance the game? --Marty Banks (aka. Mundane) <DHPD> 03:07, 10 April 2007 (BST)
- At the moment, the way is to get more then enough players to do something, right now the goals are to promote unity, and unfortunately i cannot decide how we will make kevan change, the zombies went on strike so we would just be copying them, we'de need something much bigger then having hundreds of people go on strike, and, only the members of the revolution may decide, i am not allowed to do so.--Darkmagic 03:12, 10 April 2007 (BST)
I see, hmm... that's very interesting, usually revolutionaries announce a plan and then garner support for it... are you working on diplomatic ties and have you made allys of any groups? --Marty Banks (aka. Mundane) <DHPD> 03:15, 10 April 2007 (BST)
- a few groups i asked to join the revolution instead decided to ally with us, though i havn't made a list of them yet. and the firsts idea is insted of a a leader of a small group of leaders deciding the group, that all players should get to decide how the group be run, all of this is in the decleration of a revolution on the viva la revolution page.--Darkmagic 03:18, 10 April 2007 (BST)
I really don't know how that will be success... Many groups are fiercely independent and won't give up their sovereignty... You might find you'll need to compromise in order to gain the required support. --Marty Banks (aka. Mundane) <DHPD> 03:22, 10 April 2007 (BST)
- i adressed that to the first several times, and he said it wouldnt matter in a matter of months, most groups would be ready, he says that another event like the big bash would start up. he claims it will be much worse though, but never said any more on it, and then left to the center with his group to fight with others. all i know is, i am willing to compromise tell we are at a good enough level to be a recognizable force.--Darkmagic 03:24, 10 April 2007 (BST)
Well, I'm running out of time... I'll give you the last word, just answer this question, working hard or hardly workin'? Go! --Marty Banks (aka. Mundane) <DHPD> 03:33, 10 April 2007 (BST)
- Downs the whole keg that had been placed next to me by my orders for the interview. ok, the answer, is, both, and neither!
Again, thank you sir for sitting down with us, that does it for 'The Mirror' tonight. Good night everyone!! --Marty Banks (aka. Mundane) <DHPD> 03:51, 10 April 2007 (BST)