Difference between revisions of "UDWiki:Administration/Bureaucrat Promotions"
(→Rosslessness: Seriously, how did I not notice this whole "Bob Ross" thing before?)
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
===A Helpful Little Gnome===
===A Helpful Little Gnome===
Revision as of 18:27, 1 December 2015
This page is for the election of Bureaucrats.
- What is a Bureaucrat?
- A Bureaucrat (sometimes called a crat) is a user with the special ability to promote and demote users to and from administrative roles (i.e. Bureaucrat and System Operator) on Urban Dead Wiki.
- Like other administrative roles on the wiki, Bureaucrats do not have any control over the game or its operation. Their responsibilities are strictly related to the wiki.
- Who gets to be a Bureaucrat?
- System Operators (usually called sysops) who are elected by the community can become Bureaucrats. For more information on how to become a sysop, read the Promotions page.
- The wiki maintains two Bureaucrats at all times, with elections occurring every six months or in response to the demotion of a sitting Bureaucrat.
- A sitting Bureaucrat can run for re-election, provided they meet all eligibility requirements (e.g. they're not inactive), with no limits on how many terms they can serve.
- Who can vote?
- All wiki users are allowed to vote. Users are eligible for one vote per seat that is up for election.
- Sysops running in the election are allowed to vote for themselves.
- Rules concerning the election.
- An election is started immediately upon the resignation or demotion of a sitting Bureaucrat.
- Both Bureaucrat seats are up for election every six months, on June 1st and December 1st.
- The election ends after two weeks, counting from the when the election is started.
- The candidates with the most and second-most votes win the election.
- In the event of a tied vote the currently sitting bureaucrats will decide between the tied candidates.
- Rules concerning candidates.
- All active users with the sysops status are automatically declared candidates for any vacant Bureaucrat positions.
- Users who are not eligible for automatic demotion by the Truly Inactive Sysops policy are considered "active" for purposes of the election.
- The Bureaucrats whose positions come up for election if said election is started under rule 2 of Rules concerning the election are automatically declared candidates.
- Unless said otherwise, a Bureaucrat who is demoted due to inactivity is not eligible in the ensuing election to fill their seat.
- A candidate can retract their own candidacy at any time.
- Rules concerning voting.
- All users have only one vote per Bureaucrat position to be filled.
- This means that, in regular elections started under rule 2 of Rules concerning the election, each user has two votes. In unscheduled elections started under rule 1, each user has only one vote.
- Users vote for a candidate by signing under the preferred candidate's name.
- Users cannot cast more than one vote per candidate.
- Users may change their votes for a candidate as long as the election has not ended.
- Multiple votes at the same time will be struck.
- Sockpuppetry is considered vandalism.
The first Bureaucrat election under the new system is now underway! Just a reminder: you may vote for up to two candidates, as both seats (currently occupied by Spiderzed and Rosslessness) are up for election.
- Start Time: 15:39, 1 December 2015 (UTC)
- Finish Time: 15:39, 15 December 2015 (UTC)
A Helpful Little Gnome
- Keeping up my streak of voting for SZ every time. Bob Moncrief EBD•W! 15:46, 1 December 2015 (UTC)
- Team spiderchon for a better 2016. --KCLZANecroConnect 16:57, 1 December 2015 (UTC)
None at this time.
- A purely ceremonial vote, of course. Bob Moncrief EBD•W! 15:43, 1 December 2015 (UTC)
- I promise not to start any misconduct cases if and only if icon doesn't withdraw. --KCLZANecroConnect 16:55, 1 December 2015 (UTC)
Thank you for the support, but I humbly withdraw, as per my usual course of action when it comes to 'crat promotions. Looking forwards to a more exciting A/M schedule in 2016! —Aichon— 17:04, 1 December 2015 (UTC)
Archived Promotions Rounds
|Bureaucrat Election Archive|
Jun | Dec