From The Urban Dead WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This page is for the election of Bureaucrats.
- What is a Bureaucrat?
- A Bureaucrat (sometimes called a crat) is a user with the special ability to promote and demote users to and from administrative roles (i.e. Bureaucrat and System Operator) on Urban Dead Wiki.
- Like other administrative roles on the wiki, Bureaucrats do not have any control over the game or its operation. Their responsibilities are strictly related to the wiki.
- Who gets to be a Bureaucrat?
- System Operators (usually called sysops) who are elected by the community can become Bureaucrats. For more information on how to become a sysop, read the Promotions page.
- The wiki maintains two Bureaucrats at all times, with elections occurring every six months or in response to the demotion of a sitting Bureaucrat.
- A sitting Bureaucrat can run for re-election, provided they meet all eligibility requirements (e.g. they're not inactive), with no limits on how many terms they can serve.
- Who can vote?
- All wiki users are allowed to vote. Users are eligible for one vote per seat that is up for election.
- Sysops running in the election are allowed to vote for themselves.
- Rules concerning the election.
- An election is started immediately upon the resignation or demotion of a sitting Bureaucrat.
- Both Bureaucrat seats are up for election every six months, on June 1st and December 1st.
- The election ends after two weeks, counting from the when the election is started.
- The candidates with the most and second-most votes win the election.
- In the event of a tied vote the currently sitting bureaucrats will decide between the tied candidates.
- Rules concerning candidates.
- All active users with the sysops status are automatically declared candidates for any vacant Bureaucrat positions.
- Users who are not eligible for automatic demotion by the Truly Inactive Sysops policy are considered "active" for purposes of the election.
- The Bureaucrats whose positions come up for election if said election is started under rule 2 of Rules concerning the election are automatically declared candidates.
- Unless said otherwise, a Bureaucrat who is demoted due to inactivity is not eligible in the ensuing election to fill their seat.
- A candidate can retract their own candidacy at any time.
- Rules concerning voting.
- All users have only one vote per Bureaucrat position to be filled.
- This means that, in regular elections started under rule 2 of Rules concerning the election, each user has two votes. In unscheduled elections started under rule 1, each user has only one vote.
- Users vote for a candidate by signing under the preferred candidate's name.
- Users cannot cast more than one vote per candidate.
- Users may change their votes for a candidate as long as the election has not ended.
- Multiple votes at the same time will be struck.
- Sockpuppetry is considered vandalism.
The bureaucrat election for the June-December term is ongoing. You can vote for up to two (2) of the eligible candidates below.
- Start Time: 00:00, 1 June 2018 (UTC)
- Finish Time: 00:00, 15 June 2018 (UTC)
A Helpful Little Gnome
- Most consistently active while I was on hiatus, after Aichon. Bob Moncrief EBD•W! 00:05, 1 June 2018 (UTC)
- I remember him being one of the guys who helped counter the Anit-EU troll attack not too long ago. So he's got my vote. --JarethBee (talk) 00:28, 1 June 2018 (UTC)
- The wiki has had a recent spurt of activity and drama again, and as such we need our more active sysops in this position. 01:11, 1 June 2018 (UTC)
- Gnome --RosslessnessWant a Location Image? 19:48, 1 June 2018 (UTC)
- Level-headed, consistent, present. The perfect Gnome. An ideal ‘crat for this day and age of the wiki. —Aichon— 01:20, 2 June 2018 (UTC)
- In a world of drama and deadgameness, only one Gnome has the courage to stand tall and clean up our collective wiki vomit. Coming this Summer to a suburb near you: Gnomageddon II: Gnome Harder.---- FoD PK Praise Rando!06:34, 4 June 2018 (UTC)
- His excellence the last couple months just further illustrates why I'll always sneak in this vote. Bob Moncrief EBD•W! 00:05, 1 June 2018 (UTC)
- Qui n'a pas vécu dans les années de règne d'Aichon ne sait pas ce que c'est le plaisir de vivre. -- Spiderzed▋ 00:08, 1 June 2018 (UTC)
- Flawless activity, dogged dedication. Those are priceless assets while this small wiki undergoes it’s recent bout of drama. 01:11, 1 June 2018 (UTC)
- Quick! Before he withdraws again! --AORDMOPRI ! T 18:14, 1 June 2018 (UTC)
- Boom --RosslessnessWant a Location Image? 19:48, 1 June 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah, sure, decent sort. --Dragonshardz (talk) 04:40, 3 June 2018 (UTC)
- Unwilling to support my seekrit conspiracy to take over Urban Dead, according to ENVY, therefore a superior candidate. ---- FoD PK Praise Rando!06:34, 4 June 2018 (UTC)
- I once saw this guy eat a dozen boiled eggs. Dijon Sanders (talk) 15:25, 4 June 2018 (UTC)
- a dozen eggs, two carrots, tea bags, carton of milk, grapes, sauvignon blanc -- 23:41, 5 June 2018 (UTC)
- Not (yet?) withdrawn‽ Toasting in epic bread. ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
- Inbefore withdrawal.
- I believe in Bob Moncrief. --LoganMortis (talk) 12:15, 1 June 2018 (UTC)
- Despite his recent absence, he’s still the one among the current crop that I most want at the top. —Aichon— 01:21, 2 June 2018 (UTC)
- Richardskull16 (talk) 12:32, 4 June 2018 (UTC)
- I like Bob Sniper4625 #4625 - |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| TMG 00:53, 6 June 2018 (UTC)
- One more. -- Jack's Inflamed Sense Of Rejection (talk) 21:02, 8 June 2018 (UTC)
- He is asleep for Rumplestiltskin lengths at a time in recent months, but as far as acting as a crat goes, Ross still sets the gold standard for me when he is around. -- Spiderzed▋ 01:20, 2 June 2018 (UTC)
- Somebody's gotta be up when the rest of us are asleep. --LoganMortis (talk) 12:16, 1 June 2018 (UTC)
- A vote for off-TZ is always a good vote. --Dragonshardz (talk) 04:40, 3 June 2018 (UTC)
- Richardskull16 (talk) 12:35, 4 June 2018 (UTC)
- Some say Stelar may actually be a drop bear. Dijon Sanders (talk) 15:25, 4 June 2018 (UTC)
- Off-TZ is good. Sniper4625 #4625 - |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| TMG 00:53, 6 June 2018 (UTC)
- -- Jack's Inflamed Sense Of Rejection (talk) 21:04, 8 June 2018 (UTC)
- This user is almost a stellar candidate. Reach for the stars! |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 03:54, 9 June 2018 (UTC)
Ineligible or Withdrawn Candidates
Archived Bureaucrat Promotions
For earlier bureaucrat promotions, see the following:
- This year's bureaucrat promotions
- Last year's bureaucrat promotions
- Sysop Archives for other related activities
|Bureaucrat Election Archive|
Jun | Dec