UDWiki:Administration/Policy Discussion/Signature Text Policy Revision
This policy would adjust the UDWiki:Administration/Policy Discussion/Signature Policy to expand the ban on images over 14 pixels high, to include any signature which obscures other text on the page.
The revision would insert text to read as follows:
What wouldn't be allowed
- Signatures which have images higher than 14 pixels high.
- Signatures which overlap, obscure or render illegible other text or images on a page.
- Signatures which generally break the wiki in some way either through formatting or other means.
- Signatures which impersonate another user.
- Signatures which link to any of the following special pages: Special:Userlogout or Special:BlockIP.
- Signatures which link to external links that perform malicious actions (closing the browser for example).
- Signatures which contain images larger than 50kb.
|Votes must be numbered, signed, and timestamped. They can take one of two forms:
Votes that do not conform to the above will be struck by a sysop.
|The only valid voting sections are For and Against. If you wish to abstain from voting, do not vote.|
- Author vote. Bob Moncrief EBD•W! 20:57, 8 October 2015 (UTC)
- It should be common sense, but it won't hurt to codify it. -- Spiderzed▋ 21:03, 8 October 2015 (UTC)
- As has been said, it should already be obvious, but because there were some questions about it, I definitely don't object to having it made explicitly clear. —Aichon— 21:55, 8 October 2015 (UTC)
- It is already common sense, the only thing that's changed in the last 4 years is the sysop team's unwillingness to punish established members of the community when they play up. But whatever, might as well get rid of this annoying signature. 23:41, 8 October 2015 (UTC)
- Fuck that noise. ---- FoD PK Praise Rando!19:39, 10 October 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, until the other suggestion is put in place, this is better than the SQ. Also as DDR, sysops can't be trusted to ban people any more.--Yonnua Koponen Talk ! Contribs 12:37, 11 October 2015 (UTC)
- I've had it up to here with your rules. 00:12, 9 October 2015 (UTC)
- It's already covered by the 3rd bullet point (ie. generally breaking the wiki through formatting) -- boxy 00:56, 9 October 2015 (BST)
- 1. Already covered by the rules. 2. less red tape makes a low-traffic wiki happier --hagnat 12:32, 9 October 2015 (UTC)
- Cǫme ơņ. Ìs this reąlly nęcęssary? ||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 13:09, 9 October 2015 (UTC)
- Nobody considered my suggestion of limiting a templated signature's length to the maximum character capacity of the Nickname field. -- ΧIII 21:32, 9 October 2015 (UTC)
- Nope, don't touch my John Hancock. Hashtag:Merica :/ -- LABIA on the INTERNET Dunell Hills Corpseman #24 - |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| TMG 12:04, 10 October 2015 (UTC)
- fuck you with a sharp stick. -- bitch 22:01, 10 October 2015