Announcement: I'm no longer active. My talk page is still your best bet to get in touch. —Aichon— 04:39, 15 December 2018 (UTC)
This is an archive. Don't post here.
If you have anything you'd like to add to one of these conversations, then go to my talk page, reference the relevant conversation from here, and post your comments there. This page should not be edited by others. These are all messages I've filed away. They shouldn't be changed or added to, since the contexts of the situations have been lost, forgotten, or could simply be remembered differently by the involved parties. I'd prefer to start any of these conversations fresh, if they must come up again.
It’s been a very long time since I’ve edited the wiki - I’m real sorry!
I’m very appreciative of anything you can fix up regarding our ad.
—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Jim Extreme (talk • contribs) 20:23, 20 February 2018 (UTC).
- No need to apologize, and it wasn't a problem in the least! I'm just glad I was able to catch you and that we were able to get it worked out quickly. If you have any trouble getting back into the swing of things on the wiki, feel free to poke me for anything that might come up. —Aichon— 20:34, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
Take care, Mr. Aichon (Acorn). -- AHLGTG THE END IS NIGH! 20:54, 10 March 2018 (UTC)
- That is really terrible news. Take your time. -- Spiderzed▋ 15:44, 11 March 2018 (UTC)
- Hope all is okay. A ZOMBIE ANT 01:23, 12 March 2018 (UTC)
Thanks, guys. Yeah, something happened on the 9th and I wasn't sure what impact it would have on us, hence my use of the Sysop Hiatus template. I'm afraid it's not all okay, but we'll be okay. Life is slowly returning back to normal. —Aichon— 17:13, 21 March 2018 (UTC)
Hey, glad to see you're still active. However, for some reason I missed my deadline on updating my recruitment ad. I did but now seeing what's posted I'm not sure how to paste it back up. Halp ! --Murderess (talk) 23:17, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
- It's back up. For future reference, here's the diff so that you can see what needs changing. :) —Aichon— 23:53, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you !! --Murderess (talk) 00:04, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
A user after being told to knock off vandalism of a page
Ok, just saw your message. --Starlingt (talk) 10:09, 28 April 2018 (UTC)
Apparently the new tactic is for them to try and change the images uploaded to the site. It's another form of vandalism given I am using the images I downloaded myself on our group page. Impotency breeds futility though. --The Jack (talk) 16:22, 28 April 2018 (UTC)
- Yup, I already dealt with it. —Aichon— 16:23, 28 April 2018 (UTC)
- I had quite a laugh watching this action today. One must ask himself though if following the wiki rules is worth it. I mean, I'll take trolls over zergs anyday. I'm quite disappointed. "We learned about honesty and integrity - that the truth matters, that you don't take shortcuts or play by your own set of rules... and success doesn't count unless you earn it fair and square." I think I might join The Dead now... maybe everyone with a clear mind should. You know, the solidarity thing. --Murderess (talk) 00:08, 29 April 2018 (UTC)
- Sorry, I missed this in all the hubbub yesterday. Honestly, I’d love to have a policy that bans zergers from the wiki. The problem comes in writing and enforcing a fair policy. We have no means by which to check any logs in the game, nor in-game activity, nor link accounts on the wiki to in-game accounts. Without those tools, we basically have no basis for banning anyone in a fair manner unless they just out-and-out admit to zerging while on the wiki. —Aichon— 05:47, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
Sorry to keep focusing on your page for this but I noticed you also did the last revert a few minutes ago. Is it me or does this person seem disproportionately obsessed? Nevermind, that's rhetorical.
Looks like this one was also created right before The Reel Jack Yocum. Since he tried to repeated revert our page to one called The Joke earlier it seems obvious he was trying to hide this one for later. --The Jack (talk) 03:20, 29 April 2018 (UTC)
- Quite possibly so. I’ll look into it later. —Aichon— 03:50, 29 April 2018 (UTC)
So it's said, I actually had no idea any of this even existed until it was all brought up today. It was quite a revelation. Definitely worth discussing. I've never used Discord, but maybe that's more viable? --The Jack (talk) 03:39, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- Honestly, it’s not worth discussing. It’s hard to get worked up about someone impersonating me in a game I haven’t played for over a year, and no amount of discussion is likely to effect any change in the situation. I don’t appreciate what they’re doing, but I’m not losing any sleep over it. —Aichon— 05:31, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- I understand that. Chat just seemed like a quick/easy way to clear up what I believe is some confusion on this topic. Plus, Im a slow typer, and it doesnt help that I get requests from other members to add/change something, because they want to mess with someone. In truth, having pow wow with anyone over this game seems to be taking the game a bit too serious. But since you actually took the time to post your feelings about this mess, and seem to have strong negative feelings towards my group as a whole, I just figured it was important enough to make the extra effort. I can appreciate/respect the value in one has in their creative endeavors. Anyway, I'll just say this for clarity. Personally, I dont know you at all. Ive never met you. I didnt know your characters until I read who they were. The group I play with is a bit larger, and I dont interact with all of them directly or on a regular basis. I play the game leisurely, and am interested in making actual positive contributions to the wiki outside my group. I think I can help keep the general information database up to date with regards to ingame activity. I may also choose to add to some creative stuff to the general history too. I think at this point, given the bad feelings and past drama surrounding this group, I will ask anyone else who wants to contribute to just send it to me to do. I dont anticipate alot of those requests, but we ll see. I like to go outside too sometimes. Hope you enjoyed my novel. That will be $5.95 US, but we can call it $5.00 and you can just contribute it to Kevan as a donation. :P. --The Jack (talk) 13:16, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- Well, whether it's you, someone in your group, someone trying to frame you, or someone entirely unrelated, it doesn't matter to me. I don't appreciate people trying to drag my name through the mud, but even if I was 100% sure who it was, I'd still do my darndest to treat them fairly on the wiki. As for clearing up confusion, you're welcome to say your piece so that there's a record of it, but you don't need to defend yourself to me. I stopped caring who's behind it when I quit the game. —Aichon— 16:27, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- Ok, well we have a couple other issues that needs to be addressed in relation to all of this then. First off, speaking for myself as a user on here and not as the collective we of the group, I've done nothing wrong, both ingame and on here, yet you outright called me a zerger in one of your recent comments on here. Let's be real here, that could potentially be misconstrued as not being impartial from a certain perspective. For the record, I will say I still do believe you do have every intention of impartiality, but the fact remains that perspective often trumps reality and truth. And you seem to carry alot of weight and respect around here. At least an "alleged...and zergs not zerger" would be appreciated. I'm not trying to take you to task, or expect you to change your opinion, but simply ask for the smallest and most basic level of courtesy given that the rare possibility I may actually be unconnected to anything past you've been exposed to on this matter. Given the accusers have been some of the most rampant offenders ingame only adds more credence to the possibilities. Point in fact. I've noticed that Goth Store Owner, Empathetic Bill, and BPell, and all their respective alts that attacked and talked against us ingame/here, have been conspicuously absent ingame for a long time now. Did their characters get disabled? If so, that would go a long way by itself to defending our argument. Just one example. --The Jack (talk) 20:23, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- I called you a zerger recently? Where? The nearest I can recall was this edit, but I simply spoke in generalities when I said that I don't like being put in a position where I help zergers. I didn't single you out, and speaking in generalities is how I've been trying to discuss zergers for quite some time, since (with very few exceptions) I have no interest in getting mired down in discussions about the specifics of who is or isn't a zerger. I'd rather just deal with people as they are on the wiki. —Aichon— 22:34, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- I have also done nothing wrong on this site to be erroneously branded as such regardless of past feelings about our groups/other members activities. And while I am ever trying to be a person of consideration and understanding, especially with this whole situation, I would appreciate if you do not refer to me (meaning The Jack as a wiki User) as something that not accurate or proven. And when referring to our group please use the plural, because it's simply quite ridiculous to assume it's one person at this stage.
- We are actual group of people. I am not 100+ characters playing 24/7 at all times of day and night. That would be as impossible as it is a silly premise to presume. The stats page has us listed at 132, and given the average man of 50 players we listed a few years ago...we have more now...that is an average of 150 characters that could be played at 3 per person. However that stats do not show players alts outside our group, but I'd guess our numbers may be closer to 200ish characters all told probably closer to 220 if everyone is maxed out (no idea though). So the point it that our group is simply far too unwieldy, especially with almost every character played daily, for it to be just one person. --The Jack (talk) 20:23, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- Without seeing the edits in question, I can't speak towards them. I don't recall trying to suggest anything with my use of singular vs. plural pronouns, though I do recall conflating you with your identically-named group on a few different occasions. —Aichon— 22:34, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- I mentioned Goth Store, because somehow you seem to have confused previous incarnation The Jack Yocum with the Goth Store guys from a few years back on here. All we ever did was help tear down a few barricades, or rez them when they were zerged by emp bill, bpell, goth store drjackson, the prudence zerg, ect. Call our involvement helping the lesser of two evils in some small way. And that being said, on emp bills page he claims that the goth guys copped to making imposter alts of them (I've only seen bpell and emp bill alts), which could make sense since they were the primary ones zerging the goth guys. My point, no where was our group ever connected to them to the point where somehow it became our group. So presuming our group made your imposters is not only unfair, but inaccurate. Ironically though, it is those very stigmas that sought the Goth guys to ask for an alliance with us afterwards. So could you provide me the proof that those characters are connected with us, not the Goth guys, and I'm also curious to see what they did to attempt to spoil your reputation. Did they zerg, PK, something else, or is it that they simply exist that is considered the offense? I ask this because with recent information it is quite possible that Murderess was actually the one who created the ones based on you and Rosslessness. I will elaborate. --The Jack (talk) 20:23, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- I believe you're referring to the link I posted over two years ago on my Characters page? The one that mentions "a known zerger" becoming active at the same time that the impersonators were created? If so, take it up with the person (i.e. not me) making the accusation that it was The Jack Yocum behind those characters. I don't care who's behind the characters. Had Bill pointed the finger at someone else instead of The Jack Yocum, I'd have linked there instead and my reference to "a known zerger" would have held just as true for the same reason it does now: because the 80 characters he was referring to were known to have engaged in zerging prior to them, regardless of who they belonged to. As for trying to figure out who's behind the impersonators by analyzing their in-game activities, I have no interest in doing so. Again, I have no interest in getting mired down in conversations about who is or isn't a zerger. —Aichon— 22:34, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- Murderess shows two newly created alts on his news page yesterday and not so subtly attempted to link us to previous inaccuracies from known zergs themselves (yes I know you are also a member of ZHU but several other members have been caught doing exactly what they claim to fight against...hence the hypocrisy). AND THIS IS A BIG POINT OF CONCERN...how could he possibly ever find those two alts so quickly? Given the games random location generator for new alts alone is proof enough to the logistical improbability. Factor in that all the travelling variable, find Murderess alts, and the like, the fact he would just "happen" to spot such fabrications is as offensive as it is stupid. TSo, also given how Murderess railed against the Sysops for "protecting" me on his news page, wouldn't it also be possibly...most likely he created those alts? Much easier to fake what he is proposing that way. That being said...I'm speculating he also made the Aichon and Rosslessness alts since Murderess is known to frequent Havercroft where the Bpell and emP bill impostors were. Thats why I asked if they had done anything nefarious in your name, because maybe Murderess created them for who knows what purpose as an extension of what he previously saw in Havercroft. Given the recent claim, the new alts, the improbability of finding them, it does make aloty more sense.
- Which also leads to another point of concern with Murderess and the likelihood he is connected to all the recent zerg alt attacks on us and the wiki. How did he know all those newly created alts were from The Dead? I didnt see any mention of that in the reverted edits or anywhere else? And why would he support a person/people abusing the wiki in every possible way to the point of actually suggesting everyone should join them. Given that at the time Murderess comment about this on your talk page had no connection anywhere else (and some of the comments seemed oddly out of place until the dots connected later)? Also, his claims about the sysops were also made by one of the banned alts too. Funny how a completely "unconnected " user would make the same claims and become frustrated/outraged at the exact same time those alt edits were being reverted/banned. Sorry but not only is there too much coincidence, but outright questionable connections to all the attempted harassment that was brought at us without ever any provocation from us in any way shape or form. Please let me know what I need to do to have the highlighted part of this conversation reviewed through the proper channels. Thank you. --The Jack (talk) 20:12, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- I'm not a member of ZHU, nor have I ever been. I reported a few people to the Zerg Liste, but that was the extent of my involvement (hunting zergs sounded like an exercise in frustration to me, which was contrary to the whole reason why I played the game). As for the "connections" with Murderess and reviewing things via the proper channels, there are no proper channels. The wiki is neutral ground. We don't adjudicate in-game activity. The Zerg Liste used to be the closest thing we had to a proper channel, but I just found out this last week that the Zerg Liste is apparently no longer being maintained. That said, DoX is accepting zerg listings via Electric Eye, so if you want to pursue things further, I'd do so there.
- Of course, it's worth pointing out that Murderess linked to the profiles for the "clones", not screenshots of them in-game. There have been quite a few bots that scrape the sequentially numbered user pages to catalog new accounts. It's not exactly a stretch to imagine that Murderess simply used one, especially so since Murderess is a regular on the UDWiki Discord where Electric Eye has a bot that allows people to search profiles. —Aichon— 22:34, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- And yes, this is a lot to read, but since there is so much unbalance, and unmitigated bias, without proper cause or proof that the time is right to make sure the fully accurate story is told. For example, the story of how the Jack Yocum name originally came about, resulting from how a former wiki user used certain privileges on here to post it in game, should definitely prove interesting story too. But for later. --The Jack (talk) 20:23, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- There's not much to respond on my part here except to say that finding new made alts is quite easy and live on a site and that The Dead themselves told you to visit Dunnell Hills and one even signed Globe Trotters. We didn't miss a beat of what they posted. Doesn't take a genius to connect the dots. The alts created yesterday I've mentioned were not by you but by another cute couple of funnies. You see, I do my investigating well. You also mention a lot of players that are in Haver. We ALL know that Emp Bill doesn't zerg and actually was a pain for you in game as you tried to get him to quit. He hasn't btw, he just has better things to do. He says hi ! Now thread carefully my friend, you're digging your own hole here. You say you don't use discord ? Such the little liar ;) --Murderess (talk) 21:56, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
User Creation Log
Does a new user creating an account make an entry in Checkuser? Or do you have to wait for them to edit to get their IP? A ZOMBIE ANT 04:21, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- New users show up in logs immediately, hence why I was able to take action on some of the alt accounts before they edited. I was checking each of them during that flurry of activity. —Aichon— 04:49, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- That is really convenient. A ZOMBIE ANT 04:55, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- What would be convenient is a plugin that can handle proxies automatically... :-/ —Aichon— 05:04, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- What would actually be convenient is for no zerg war to be occurring on the wiki :P Thanks for handling it so far, Aichon. stelar Talk|MCM|EBD|Scourge 11:00, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
- Totally right... A ZOMBIE ANT 11:35, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
repeatedly vandalizing my discussion page
did you not read the header in my discussion page you inbred fucktard? I do appreciate the link on the jack's discussion page and that is all that's required, as previously I did not know how to sign (as I tend to stay away from wikis due to their infestation with worthless trash like yourself.. but at least I made an effort when asked, monkeyfucker. yet you criticize the effort.. how do you even breathe with your head lodged so far up your own ass daylight must be a myth to you?). vandalize my discussion page again and I will skullfuck your dog and cut your throat if I dont shoot you in the head first.
--Auralius 14:05, 4 May 2018 (UTC)
- I did read your header. It simply indicated that you have a low opinion of people who post on your talk page. That's it. I mean, sure, you expressed the sentiment in a more colorful manner, but it's hardly relevant to anyone's use of your page. Using your talk page as intended—to talk to you about your participation on the wiki—is in no way vandalism. It's the point of your talk page. As a participant in a community-driven project, others need a means by which to contact you about your participation, and that means is your talk page. Don't like it? Don't participate in the wiki. Simple. Contacting you via your talk page is not, in and of itself, an act of vandalism, despite a poor understanding of how wikis function that has led you to think otherwise.
- Separately, I'm afraid I must be the bearer of bad news: your unbridled lust for my dog has—alas and alack—arrived too late for consummation. He's been dead these last 10 years, so as much as you may desire to know him in the Biblical sense, I assume his death will be an impediment to your insatiable appetite for same-sex bestiality. If not, to each their own, I suppose, though I won't be digging up his corpse.
- Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you appreciated the link and I'm glad as well to hear that I was able to help you understand how to sign your edits. Again, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'm always happy to help! :) —Aichon— 19:41, 4 May 2018 (UTC)
- I can see hate is spilling into wiki. This "speach" reeks of zerg bullies. I'm quite satisfied with that because now ALL can see what the game looks like in the trenches : major bullying. Its about time. Thanks hordy ! Aichon, nothing but respect for you. Its kinda why I'm posting now. This had to drip in sooner or later. Horde speaker, who gave you a microphone ? Must have been out of his mind lol Thank him for me, best thing that could ever happen. Shows your ugly colors. Keep it up :wink: You see, Aichon wants this to calm down. I want things in the open. Attacks against myself are many but in the end, they are fruitless. Lets deal with the elephant in the room shall we ? Lets tackle the problem and a half. --Murderess (talk) 00:22, 5 May 2018 (UTC)
- Behaviour like this is not overly represented on the wiki, and 90% of the time it's easier to ignore than to get involved. My suggestion would be to take that advice, lest you embolden them to do it more. A ZOMBIE ANT 09:06, 6 May 2018 (UTC)
- I unfortunately had to revert his attempt to sign because he was retroactively changing the timestamp of his comments to the moment of his edit, not the moment of the comments. A good attempt but sadly not quite close enough yet. A ZOMBIE ANT 09:06, 6 May 2018 (UTC)
"I'm Tandy and I live with my husband and our 3 children termites in house jacksonville "
Sounds like one hell of story. Stay strong, Tandy. A ZOMBIE ANT 06:59, 15 May 2018 (UTC)
- How can she stay strong when she needs to feed her children? That house is going to come down on her head. —Aichon— 13:14, 15 May 2018 (UTC)
nothing personal bub
just don't have respect for someone who wont respect another person's talk page.
if there's a way to delete it permanently or lock it (like The Jack's page was) or what have you that would be ideal.. but I can't find it so.. yeah.
I just happen to find the whole idea of the wiki message system to be incredibly pretentious.. as though every post on my talk page contains something I should find important or indeed, even want to read. I dont need some shitty wiki site telling me what I should value, hell I dont even like wikis to begin with (exercises in arrogant folk's self-important bullshit, all of them).. and for that matter I don't need you telling me what's in my best interest. so yeah, I guess it is a little personal. try not to be so pompous, or imperious like that preteen retard radicalwhig (not calling names, just making observations) Auralius 14:36, 25 May 2018 (UTC)
- We don't lock user talk pages except in response to specific, ongoing acts of vandalism, and even then, only temporarily, since locking talk pages is—as I mentioned in one of our previous conversations on my talk page—contrary to the operation of a wiki. We actually never locked The Jack's talk page, just the group page.
- Regarding the idea you posted on A/VB that there should be a vandalism case against me—presumably for editing your talk page—we have a lengthy case history of ruling that the simple act of editing a talk page is not vandalism; it's using the wiki as intended. The one exception is if you were to take me to Arbitration. If you did so, we'd pick a neutral arbitrator, we'd make our cases, and we'd receive a ruling. Assuming you made your case well enough to receive a ruling in your favor you might receive something akin to a restraining order against me, at which point any subsequent edits I made to your page could be viewed as an act of vandalism.
- That said, Arbitration rulings can't overrule wiki policy, such as the policies governing official notices or my role as a sysop. As such, while an Arbitration ruling could keep me from randomly spamming your talk page with personal insults, it would't keep me from serving you with official notices...which—with the possible exception of the courtesy notice I gave you last week that there was a vandalism case against you—is literally all I've posted ever since I told you last December that I'd avoid editing your talk page unless necessary. You're not an enjoyable person to interact with, so I take no pleasure in posting to your talk page as it is. But hey, if you think that an Arbitration ruling is worth the hassle of going through the bureaucratic red tape on the off-chance that you can get a ruling that will keep me from doing something I'm not doing, that's your call. —Aichon— 18:41, 25 May 2018 (UTC)
- It's okay Chonny, I think aurrie is still cranky that his boyfriend's alts got shot out of the game. Again. -- FoD PK Praise Rando!15:11, 26 May 2018 (UTC)
I Heard You Guys Like Rules
After being quite annoyed I figured might as well lash out at someone, so here goes:
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/User:Gardenator This user clearly has blinking text in their signature.
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/UDWiki:Administration/Policy_Discussion/Blinking_Text_Is_Annoying Which according to this policy is against the rules.
We can't have any epilecptics sitting and crashing in front of their pc's so I suggest someone tells Gardenator to make a plain/simple signature to prevent anyone getting triggered.
I didn't know where to put this, so I came here with it - as you can see you are about to give me some sort of trouble too, but for that im well prepared (as was I for the horde of people coming to fuck me over :) )
Cheers! Sister Mary (talk) 00:58, 4 June 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah...that rainbow of text known as the Goonsig has been thoroughly tested against the signature policy, with dozens of cases related to it dating back to 2011. I might be able to be convinced that it’s against policy, but it’d be for reasons other than what you’re citing since that text isn’t blinking. In the context of the Web, “blinking” refers specifically to text that appears and disappears (i.e. what the old HTML Blink tag used to do), and that sig isn’t an example of it.
- If you’d like to pursue it further though, that policy page lays out the (annoyingly cumbersome) process for doing so. —Aichon— 02:00, 4 June 2018 (UTC)
- Well im not here to give YOU a hard time over what IM going "through" - but that being sad I have no problem in shooting with what ammo I have available.
- Im not going to engage this further and I will add a deletion template for my profile, make a new one and edit like that since it seems like the way im going to contribute here :) Sister Mary (talk) 02:16, 4 June 2018 (UTC)
- WIKI LAW lol. -- LABIA on the INTERNET Dunell Hills Corpseman #24 - |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| TMG 02:33, 4 June 2018 (UTC)
Hey, I'm wondering if you could take a quick look at my cycling of Monroeville in UDWiki:Featured Articles as successful.
Essentially, I have no idea how these things are cycled on the main page over time, so I don't know if there's any more I need to do. Thanks. A ZOMBIE ANT 12:11, 4 July 2018 (UTC)
- I added it to Template:SimpleFACycle. Looks like you got everything else. Bob Moncrief EBD•W! 12:24, 4 July 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks Bob. A ZOMBIE ANT 12:28, 4 July 2018 (UTC)
It's okay Chonny
I, too, would have rolled back my A/RE comment about bob 4 dictator 4 lyfe. You clearly would make the superior wikitator. especially if it would make you stay ;_; -- FoD PK Praise Rando!02:41, 9 July 2018 (UTC)
- He only demonstrates infinite power when he feels like it! A ZOMBIE ANT 03:51, 9 July 2018 (UTC)
- Not my first time doing it, and it may not be the last, but it always seems to involve Bob in some way. —Aichon— 04:23, 9 July 2018 (UTC)
- :P Bob Moncrief EBD•W! 12:28, 10 July 2018 (UTC)
Just FYI: Wrecked Bawls isn't a wiki alt of Audio's. stelar Talk|MCM|EBD|Scourge 21:47, 23 July 2018 (UTC)
- How do you figure? I'd rather not get into the details, but I really don't see how the logs could be clearer on this one. —Aichon— 22:10, 23 July 2018 (UTC)
- I have voice chatted with both Bawls and Audio at the same time before playing a game online. stelar Talk|MCM|EBD|Scourge 22:14, 23 July 2018 (UTC)
- so they told you. Wow, what an elaborate attempt at sockpuppetry on Audios JISORs part. -- LABIA on the INTERNET Dunell Hills Corpseman #24 - |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| TMG 22:25, 23 July 2018 (UTC)
- Told me what? That they are two different people entirely? Because that is the truth. stelar Talk|MCM|EBD|Scourge 22:28, 23 July 2018 (UTC)
- Oh yeah, I'm not saying you are lying. -- LABIA on the INTERNET Dunell Hills Corpseman #24 - |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| TMG 22:31, 23 July 2018 (UTC)
- If you're willing to confirm that you voice chatted with both of them prior to the ban, I'd take that as sufficient evidence that they're different people. In chatting with Audio on Discord, he provided an explanation for why they would share so many details in the logs. None of it was provable, but with your word to back it up, I'd be fine with unbanning Wrecked Bawls. I'm heading out the door, so feel free to de-list Bawls and remove his ban. —Aichon— 22:48, 23 July 2018 (UTC)
- Yes, of course it was before the ban. stelar Talk|MCM|EBD|Scourge 22:56, 23 July 2018 (UTC)
Erm, if (gleaning from the vague references to sysop IP data here) they often share an IP address, and there's been no confirmation that the Wrecked Bawls on this wiki is the same person Stelar was conversing with on Discord, and there's any indication that AudioAttack (who has a history of making shitloads of fleshed out but often discarded alt wiki accounts) could have control of, or have originally created, the account, then the account surely shouldn't be unbanned. THE CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER 02:13, 24 July 2018 (UTC)
- Actually, perhaps scratch that position, I think you're right Stelar, it's best to be safe rather than sorry when it comes to user experience. THE CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER 03:58, 24 July 2018 (UTC)
- That’s also why I was curious about the timing of things. Had she chatted with them immediately after the ban, the timing would be a bit too coincidental. Prior, however? Much more believable. That said, some of this confusion was likely avoidable, so I expect that it won’t come up again, but if it does, we’ll cross that bridge then. —Aichon— 04:08, 24 July 2018 (UTC)
Good precedent for how to avoid bans on a sock puppet account. -- LABIA on the INTERNET Dunell Hills Corpseman #24 - |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| TMG 05:26, 24 July 2018 (UTC)
- In theory, but it would be immediately suspicious if Bawls started posting during AA's ban. That would trip a lot of red flags. THE CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER 07:04, 24 July 2018 (UTC)
- I predict this will be a problem if Bawls start voting along with JISOR. I honestly thought that AmericanMary was one his alts. Or if JISOR ever runs for sysop.-- LABIA on the INTERNET Dunell Hills Corpseman #24 - |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| TMG 07:12, 24 July 2018 (UTC)
- Less so for sysop. Even if he ran for sysop, vouches/againsts aren't numerically counted, they are counted in a qualitative way that gives less credence to supporters who may be biased. His conflict of interest would definitely be noted. THE CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER 07:59, 24 July 2018 (UTC)
DDR's sysop bid
So... it seems we have a decision on our hands. Your thoughts? stelar Talk|MCM|EBD|Scourge 12:42, 13 August 2018 (UTC)
- Though I'm disappointed that no one took the opportunity to question his well-documented affection for furries, nor his racially-charged but short-lived radio career focused on the relationship between Albacore tuna and 16th century Appalachian politics, nor even his largely-maligned and globally-condemned "performance art" of seeking charitable donations by livestreaming himself clubbing baby red pandas to death, I still think we have a solid candidate on our hands. He has an established history as a good 'sop, he's retained an ongoing interest in the wiki, and he's routinely acted as a good foil to the rest of the sysop team by providing well-informed, dissenting views on controversial issues. If he's crazy enough to ask for it, I say we let him have it. —Aichon— 16:06, 13 August 2018 (UTC)
- Maybe they will come up at the re-evals. Can't load all the questions on him at once, after all! He survived Bob's line of questioning, and I figure anyone who can get through that deserves the promotion :P Shall we make it so? stelar Talk|MCM|EBD|Scourge 08:53, 15 August 2018 (UTC)
Sysop archive help.
Thanks for helping me on my half-boiled archive job. I don't think I've been a sysop since the archives changed around so I thought I'd make a mistake... THE CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER 01:04, 27 August 2018 (UTC)
- From what I saw, you got everything right. I just figured I caught you in the middle of things and that you hadn’t got to them yet. Didn’t even realize you had missed them. —Aichon— 01:14, 27 August 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah, from RC it would like I got distracted midway through the process. I think the truth of the matter is I'd forgotten that last leg of the archival tasks. But now I know. Thanks again! THE CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER 04:14, 27 August 2018 (UTC)
Thank you so much for everything
I don't think anyone ever bothered to realize how much you've done for this game / wiki. I often drop the links to your scripts and tell them how awesome you are every single time. You've made the game easy going and if I lose the organizer I just go insane. I mean who keeps track without ?? So... thank you for everything and I do hope you'll still be around if I need a shoulder to lean on and of course... ask about something I can't figure out :) --Murderess (talk) 21:29, 13 October 2018 (UTC)
- You're very welcome, and thank you very much for the kind words. Compared to the greats of the game, I haven't done much at all. I'm just happy to have contributed in my small ways. As for once I leave, I don't plan to check in regularly any longer, but that won't necessarily stop me from coming by if someone reaches out with a question or request, though I make no promises. —Aichon— 22:12, 13 October 2018 (UTC)
- See, you're the cutest and will be most missed. "little contribution" ? Your scripts EVERYONE uses ! Modest to boot. Your family has the very best and I wish you the very best of all. You so will be checking in ;) --Murderess (talk) 22:18, 13 October 2018 (UTC)
It feels real now.
That userpage changes make it really hit home! THE CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER 03:44, 17 October 2018 (UTC)
- Eh, you guys still have me through next month. But yeah, I'm starting to wrap things up and make final edits to some things, just to get them in a state where I want them to be. —Aichon— 14:18, 17 October 2018 (UTC)
You know that all this stuff will crop up because you're about to leave the wiki, right? :P stelar Talk|MCM|EBD|Scourge 12:43, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- I came to peace with that fact LONG ago. ;) —Aichon— 16:30, 17 November 2018 (UTC)