Announcement: I'm no longer active. My talk page is still your best bet to get in touch. —Aichon— 04:39, 15 December 2018 (UTC)
Please be aware of the following guidelines before posting here.
- New conversations should be started at the bottom using a level two header (e.g.
==Header==). Or with the +
- I like to keep conversations wherever they start, but if a conversation ends up here, I will keep it here.
- I will format comments for stylistic reasons, delete comments for whatever reason, and generally do anything else within reason.
Re: The Jack Yocum
Good Afternoon Aichon. This is The Horizon Man, and we spoke ingame recently regarding me creating an official page for The Jack Yocum survivor group.
I use an IPad, and am unfamliar with general stuff related to wiki editing, so forgive me if I am breaching protocol here. I would've preferred to discuss this over email, but do not see the available function. So this will have to suffice.
First, I noticed someone already edited our page, and I would like to keep it locked a private editting, much like most player groups are able too (both current and historical ones). This will cut down on the expected griefing that started before I just signed up, and is already continuing.
The user account "Hunter of America" is part of our group ingame, but not on here. Whoever made that account also already made a modification to tne page that is negative ro the intent of our group.
I suspect it is the same person who made the previous "Jack Yocum" name, which by the way I also just received a confusing "Welcome"...but not very welcoming...email from Vapor in regards to all this stuff that has gone before. Not sure what to make of all of it though.
I have never created an account, not edited ant pages on this site. I am a member of The Jack Yocum group, and it is a very real "clan" that plays MMOs over teamspeak...and sometimes Ventrillo. We originated playing with the Nothing Personal gamng community. Feel free to check the site. It is an international gaming community.
Now back to the fake accounts modifying our group page. The ingame player: The Real Spad aka bpell aka Owp aka SFW...ect. is the person who created User: CarelessWill. I know this because he has routinely tagged the link around Havercroft ingame, and mentioned it as well on the website he moderates...Resensitized (which can still be seen using a general search).
The ingame player mldhoc aka mark dugan, aka Tim Dobbins aka your math teacher...Ect. Is the person who likely created the recent Jack Yocum account...that was banned...and also the new Hunter of America. The person who plays Hunter, ingame, has been patrolling Shearbank...where this player has been caught pking and zerging multiple times, and kills him sometimes multiple times a week.
The Hunter of America user name on this site is NOT the player ingame. We would appreciate that account being reviewed as well.
Given that the "Jack Yocum" deletion previously had stated it was not the real Jack Yocum group members...and a concerned citizen of Shearbank...it seem logical that this player is attempting vandalism and griefing here.
Also I am still in the process of figuring put how to have the CarelessWill page modified or deleted as well, since it has nothing to do with his own characters or creations, and simply debases our group without proper cause. He is certainly not a member of our group, and making up unproveable, inaccurate information seems like it might violate a code of conduct here? I put the question mark ad I'm not sure. His comments are certainly false, and discredit our group, so I'm not sure if there is recourse or not. I'd appreciate any imput and enlighten as possible.
I will also contact you ingame today once my APs permit. And will also correct the unwanted modification to our group page.
I appreciate your patience, and forebearance.
Regards. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by The Jack Yocum (talk • contribs) 22:44, 9 March 2015 (UTC).
- This isn't going to cover everything you mentioned, since I've been laying around at home battling illness all day and am limiting my time at the computer, but I'm sure that the others who stalk my page will chime in with additional comments.
- Pages in the User space (i.e. any page that starts with "User:") are considered to be owned by that user, meaning that they pretty much have free reign on those pages. It's the wild west when it comes to user pages. Unless they're posting something that directly violates policy (e.g. personal information of other users), we don't take action. Here's a list of all approved policies on this wiki.
- If you want to e-mail me, there's a link to do so on the left side of this page (see: "Email this user"). That said, I'd prefer that we kept our discussions here (or somewhere else in public) unless there are extenuating circumstances at play, since any actions I take will need to be discussed in public with the others here before I can engage in them anyway. In fact, all of our in-game discussions were already reposted on the wiki for the consideration of the other sysops and users.
- Just to help set expectations a bit, my job on the wiki as a sysop is actually relatively limited. We don't moderate arguments between two sides. We're specifically prohibited from acting as moderators. Much of that sort of stuff is left up the community itself (i.e. you wield as much power as I do), rather than the sysops. As such, for much of what you're talking about, I'm not actually sure how much of a help I'll be, since you'll likely have to get the wiki community on your side.
- Anyway, I expect others to chime in shortly. They'll hopefully be able to respond to some of the specifics you mentioned, since several of them are more equipped to do so than I am (plus, most of them are in better health than I am at the moment...grr...). —Aichon— 00:57, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
- Before you call on wikilaw, the first step should be to contact the user editing your group page. Any vandalism reports and arbitration requests following subsequent edits would be seen much more favourably than if you tried to immediately wikilawyerstle the user away. -- Spiderzed▋ 18:23, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
- This. Ask them to stop, if they ignore you then we'll play the vandalism game. --Rosslessness 19:38, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
Give me a few hours, I'm throwing together a new idea. --In Memoriam 08:37, 28 March 2015 (UTC)
- This details my need. --RosslessnessWant to complete a dangerous mission? 09:30, 29 March 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks. —Aichon— 16:02, 31 March 2015 (UTC)
Buzz Killington Award
Image upload is still borked, so enjoy this external link instead. We know you want to come back to the cat side... We have cookies! -- Spiderzed▋ 20:55, 19 May 2015 (UTC)
- I have enough cookies already. :P —Aichon— 21:03, 19 May 2015 (UTC)
I need an opinion
I wanted to ask your opinion on a proposed survivor policy I came up with, based on what a fair amount of veteran survivors are already doing.
I call it the Anti-Consumerism Policy.
In a nutshell, it states that rather than having groups of mall rats sitting around malls, making a tempting target, survivors should instead get what they need, and then get out,
so the zombies have one less reason to break in.
I wanted an opinion from someone more experienced than me. (And maybe some suggestions on the templates. I'm not good with templates)
--Jerran1 (talk) 00:12, 24 May 2015 (UTC)
- I like the idea. It's basically along the same lines as the general advice of "don't sleep in TRPs", which most veteran players are hopefully abiding by. But yes, broadly speaking, it's not a good idea to have people sleeping in malls. One quick counterpoint: with Malton having as little population as it has now, sometimes we NEED to have people sleeping in malls, otherwise they become too easy to ruin, meaning that they aren't there for survivors who want to get in, grab what they need, and get out. That said, it's generally the case that there are enough people still around who aren't playing smart that we don't need to make a point of sleeping in malls ourselves, so the advice you're proposing still generally holds true. —Aichon— 02:46, 30 May 2015 (UTC)
New Mayor of Malton
There's talk of bringing back the tradition of electing a Mayor of Malton, and i'm trying to get the word out. Just thought i'd mention it. --Jerran1 (talk) 02:05, 5 June 2015 (UTC)
- Ayup. It's something I'll definitely be staying out of, since someone needs to be the neutral party when it inevitably goes to A/VB (as these things tend to do). :P —Aichon— 03:03, 5 June 2015 (UTC)
I was wondering if you could give me some ideas I could add to this project i'm working on, NecroConnect. --Jerran1 NecroConnect Creator/Admin 03:35, 11 June 2015 (UTC)
- I'm afraid I don't. Whenever it comes to communities in the game, I tend to stick to the logistics side of things (e.g. setting up wiki pages, forums, IRC channels, etc.) rather than the community-building side (i.e. where do we recruit, what's our message, what are we trying to do, etc.), just because I'm bad at that side of things. And it looks like you already have the logistics figured out, so I'm not sure that I can really add anything of value. —Aichon— 16:42, 11 June 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks anyway. You said you're good with wiki pages. Maybe you could help me polish up the wiki page? --Jerran1 NecroConnect Creator/Admin 18:25, 11 June 2015 (UTC)
- I'm available to answer questions you may have about how to do various things, for sure, but I'm afraid I can't volunteer any time at the moment (real life is hectic). There's a list on my user page of some of the wiki pages I've helped to design if you want to get an idea for the sorts of things I've done in the past. —Aichon— 18:29, 11 June 2015 (UTC)
Helping with the Survey
Is it possible for me to help out with the survey going on? I'm pretty good at synthesizing answers down, so if you need help reading them I can help. (also I'd like some advice on my latest suggestion if you have the time) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by JoshCz (talk • contribs) 17:49, 5 July 2015.
- I'm afraid I don't have any answers for you. I'm just a sysop on the wiki, and sysops are just regular users with a few extra buttons on the wiki. We don't have any regular communication with the guy who created and runs the game (Kevan). I was just as surprised and pleased to see the survey as everyone else, but I'm afraid I have no more information regarding it than you do, nor do I have any idea what his plans are for parsing through the data.
- Regarding suggestions, I mostly just chime in when I feel like I have something worthwhile to add. If not, I tend to just let things run their course. But yeah...not much time at the moment. *points at the announcement he just added a minute ago at the top of the page* —Aichon— 22:11, 5 July 2015 (UTC)
- Congrats!--Yonnua Koponen Talk ! Contribs 23:00, 5 July 2015 (UTC)