|Suburb of Roftwood|
|Update Roftwood's Danger Level|
|View full-city Danger Center|
|Known groups in this suburb:
Key buildings in Roftwood:
|Suburb Number: 57|
Roftwood is a suburb of Malton located just east of the city center. It contains Hildebrand Mall as well as plenty of Tactical Resource Points (TRPs).
It lies within District SE-2. Its proximity to Ridleybank, immediately northwest, can make it hostile territory for survivors.
But the presence of Hildebrand Mall, Woodroffe Mall in Tollyton to the south, Tynte Mall north in Pimbank, and Nichols Mall in Stanbury Village to the west, make it easy to defend and rebuild during and after zombie incursions.
|Short-wave Radio Info|
|The Roftwood suburb has the following active radio stations.
Freq: 26.03: Central Malton
Roftwood Information Resources
The Roftwood Building Information Center contains status reports and updates on key buildings in the suburb.
Welcome to Roftwood!
Greetings visitor, Roftwood has much to offer and we hope you enjoy your visit and hope you stay with us!
The bulk of the activity in Roftwood takes place at and around Hildebrand Mall. There you can find vital supplies such as firearms, ammunition, first-aid kits and generators. You can also socialize with fellow survivors over an ice-cold beer.
If you are injured, you are advised to go to either Eligius General Hospital (65,54) or St. Ethelbert's Hospital (66,50), where you'll receive medical care from the doctors and surgeons there. Scientists will be able to manufacture revivification syringes, access the NecroTech database and find other useful NecroTech equipment inside both the Herbert Building and the Greenhow Building. Due to the large number of buildings in Roftwood, every resource building is accessible via a free-running lane.
Generators are best found at Hildebrand Mall's hardware store but there are also four factories in the Roftwood that may be searched. Fuel and spray cans are more readily available at the four auto repair shops, the main one of which is Maiden Auto Repair, located just one block northwest of the Herbert Building. Flak jackets and ammunition can be found at Rawlins Row Police Dept, adjacent to the southeast corner of the mall.
If you prefer somewhere quieter than the bustle of Hildebrand Mall and its surrounding complex then you should visit western Roftwood. Western Roftwood serves as Roftwood's defense line due to the three police departments located there, which are optimally spaced from each other. Western Roftwood also has The Greenhow Building (an NT facility) and has an easy access to Nichols Mall in the adjacent suburb of Stanbury Village. Note that the area is usually heavily barricaded and can only be accessed by free running and via specific safehouses and entryways/entry points (EPs) such as Blunden Row School (61,50) and the Whale Building (60,53).
Connecting western Roftwood to the mall complex are the Summer Building (64,55), the Wrench Hotel (64,56) and factory (63,55). The Summer Building holds Roftwood's mobile phone mast and therefore is always kept Extremely Heavily Barricaded, however the factory serves as an entryway and should always be accessible by survivors. The Wrench Hotel is the only hotel in Roftwood. It is close to the major buildings in the suburb (only two steps away from Hildebrand Mall and Eligius General Hospital). But since it is not a Tactical Resource Point, it is a low-priority target for zombies, and thus a safe and convenient place in which to spend the night.
Roftwood doesn't have any cemeteries within its boundaries. There are two monitored revive points (RPs) in Roftwood: Turpin Road (61,51), which is one block west of the Greenhow NT Building, and Swansborough Park (68,53), one block north of the Herbert NT facility. Swansborough is generally where the quickest revives may be had.
Radio and Cell Phone
Roftwood Radio. Survivors in Roftwood are welcome and encouraged to use radio to transmit information of importance to survivor welfare. Typical topics include (but are not limited to): the whereabouts of zeds, locations where break-ins have occurred, and the location of victims requiring first aid assistance.
The frequency to tune to when in Roftwood are 26.03MHz
Keeping radio transmitters operational in the district is a priority due to the instability in the region (because of the regular attacks from the zed capital to the northwest, Ridleybank).
- April-May 2021 The Eostre Herbert Siege, an epic battle involving more than 100 people, occurs at Herbert. It followed the St. Patrick's Day siege described in part below.
- March 21st - Last night the Ridleybank Resistance Front stormed the Greenhow Building NecroTech facility twice and were repelled both times by survivors with the Malton Medical Staff, Knights Templar, The Fortress, The Last Beerhah, Malton Zoo Keepers and the RCC. The survivors were still celebrating their St Paddy's Day party in Roftwood's greenest building when the zombies attacked. 3 generators, 3 fuel cans and a bunch of bullets and revivification syringes kept The Constables from ending the party prematurely. Presently, 7 zombies lay siege outside the Greenhow Building, mostly from the RRF horde. --ZombGG (talk) 17:41, 21 March 2021 (UTC)
- March 9th - This morning 19 zombies have been spotted outside Hildebrand Mall's SE corner! This afternoon 12 zombies entirely from the RRF horde shifted over to the NW corner and smashed the barricades, quickly bringing ruin to the corner and making meals of the survivors defending inside. By this evening, 15 zombies have been seen inside the mall standing against a defending force of seven survivors. --ZombGG (talk) 15:07, 10 March 2021 (UTC)
- March 8th - Survivors largely organized by the Roftwood Communication Center and the Knights Templar recaptured Hildebrand Mall and held it throughout this past weekend with litte opposition. Today, the Ridleybank Resistance Front zombie horde and the Flowers of Decay PK group attacked survivors inside the mall. The RCC and Knights Templar witnessed the RRF's Comrade SpuD ?rise FOUR TIMES before finally being dumped outside for good. --ZombGG (talk) 15:07, 10 March 2021 (UTC)
- February 24th - The Ridleybank Resistance Front stormed the Herbert Building NecroTech facility with 12 zombies. Hildebrand Mall still houses 7 zombies and St. Ethelbert's Hospital (Roftwood) has 8 zombies inside. Roftwood is a battlefield! --ZombGG (talk) 00:48, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
- February 22th - The Knights Templar have arrived in Roftwood to team up with the Roftwood Communication Center & The Last Beerhah. The Ridleybank Resistance Front has death cultists active across the suburb as well as a healthy zombie population still occupying Hildebrand Mall. Fortunately for survivors, revives are swift at Swansborough Park. --ZombGG (talk) 00:48, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
- February 18th - After 3 weeks of intense siege, Hildebrand Mall fell to a massive horde of what totaled to be 32 zombies. The killing break in was led by the Ridleybank Resistance Front. The zombie horde smashed into the NE corner with combined death cultist and zombie forces. With 2 death cultists and 8 zombies inside the NE corner, surviving forces were dealt a mortal blow. By the day’s end, Hildebrand Mall lied ruined in 2 corners with 32 zombies inside cleaning up the final survivors. --ZombGG (talk) 00:48, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
- February 17th - The biggest break in yet happened in Hildebrand Mall’s SW corner. The Ridleybank Resistance Front got five zombies inside which caused much alarm and hassle for a weary defending survivor force. The RCC scraped together enough folks to counter the strike and cling on for another sunrise. --ZombGG (talk) 00:48, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
- February 16th - 27 zombies now stand sieging outside Hildebrand Mall. 18 largely from the Ridleybank Resistance Front are outside the SE corner, 7 mostly feral zombies outside the long-sieged NW corner, and one zed outside each the SW & NE. Survivors defending inside the mall are numbered just over 30. The action is red hot as barricade levels drop fast and claws and bullets exchange often in real time! Later in the day 10 zombies from the Ridleybank Resistance Front smashed and occupied Eligius General Hospital. --ZombGG (talk) 00:48, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
- February 12th - The Ridleybank Resistance Front zombie horde has returned to Roftwood in deadly fashion. They've ruined and occupied the Herbert Building NecroTech facility with a mob of about ten zombies. In addition to their zombie takeover of the Herbert Building, the RRF is using necro-terrorist (aka death cultist) tactics against survivors defending Hildebrand Mall. Lastly, the feral zombie mob outside Hildebrand Mall's NW corner is still 12 strong with frequent break ins. --ZombGG (talk) 00:48, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
- February 11th - Survivors have held onto Hildebrand Mall for nearly two weeks despite constant barricade bashing from a feral zombie mob of now 12 sieging outside the NW corner. --ZombGG (talk) 00:48, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
- February 7th - The citywide fuel shortage is over! Survivors across the RCC and Malton are reporting finding fuel cans after a suspenseful and long drought! --ZombGG (talk) 00:48, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
- February 2nd - Six zombies have been laying siege outside Hildebrand Mall's NW corner. The Last Beerhah is firmly planted inside the mall alongside others with the Malton Medical Staff, Roftwood Elite, and Roftwood Communication Center. Revives at Swansborough Park are swift as ever. The hottest news of late is a mega fuel shortage being reported across Malton. This drought has reportedly gone on for over 72 hours --ZombGG (talk) 15:15, 3 February 2021 (UTC)
- January 28th - 22 survivors total have collected in the mall after just 2 days of The Last Beerhah & RCC-assisted rebuilding efforts. --ZombGG (talk) 00:48, 1 March 2021 (UTC)
- December 25th - Around 20+ survivors celebrated Christmas day around their still-standing tree inside the Membry Lane Fire Station. Zombie numbers outside have collected to around 10 and the barricades are being battled over. Merry Christmas Roftwood! --ZombGG (talk) 00:22, 27 December 2020 (UTC)
- December 24th - The Last Beerhah, Malton Medical Staff, Roftwood Elite, Space Goldfish, Roftwood Communication Center and even a character with the Flowers of Decay gathered this Christmas Eve in the Membry Lane Fire Station to celebrate the holiday. The party had booze and a short battle with the Ridleybank Resistance Front who tried crashing the place and eating everyone's bra!nz, but were repelled by firepower and quick barricades. The Christmas tree has been decorated with red, white and green lights, a length of tinsel, and a skull. --ZombGG (talk) 00:22, 27 December 2020 (UTC)
- November 12th - Last night The Constables devastated Hildebrand Mall & Rawlins Row Police Department. In the very early hours of this morning another mob of 5 zombies breached into the Herbert Building NecroTech facility where the fighting is still fierce. The latest NecroNet from the Herbert Building NT provided by the Malton Medical Staff shows a total of 22 zombies in the area, only one of which is awaiting a revive at Swansborough Park. --ZombGG (talk) 08:39, 12 November 2020 (UTC)
- November 8th - Last night a mob of zombies with the Ridleybank Resistance Front's The Constables brood stormed into Eligius General Hospital where they still remain inside as of the early morning hours of today. Overall the suburb rests strongly in survivor control as seen by a fully powered and barricaded Hildebrand Mall, the Herbert Building NecroTech facility, many factories powered as well as the legendary St. Ethelbert's Hospital (Roftwood). Revives at Swansborough Park are as speedy as ever. Aside from the wrecking ball mob of The Constables zombies, Roftwood looks good largely thanks to the efforts of the Roftwood Communication Center, Malton Medical Staff, and Roftwood Elite survivors! --ZombGG (talk) 15:36, 8 November 2020 (UTC)
- September 27th - Roftwood is mostly powered and barricaded although a savage & heavy zombie presence is still seen haunting the ruins of The Herbert Building NecroTech facility and Hildebrand Mall. The undead forces plaguing this essential part of the suburb belong most entirely to the Ridleybank Resistance Front horde, specifically The Constables mob. Pro-survivors with the Malton Medical Staff and Roftwood Elite are spearheading the effort of rebuilding, reviving, and defending the suburb. Revives are swift at Swansborough Park and unfortunately, so is death by RRF claws and bites. --ZombGG (talk) 19:01, 27 September 2020 (UTC)
- August 30th - The week ends with a massacre at St. Ethelbert's Hospital (Roftwood) as eight zombies all from the Ridleybank Resistance Front horde made quick meals of the Malton Medical Staff, Roftwood Elite and other survivors defending inside. The zed feast occurred around lunchtime and was conducted in timely X:00. Shortly after eating, the hospital was brought to ruin. The Swansborough Park revive point has fourteen standing zeds and eleven dead bodies on the ground, ten smelling funny. The action remains hot in Roftwood! --ZombGG (talk) 20:49, 30 August 2020 (UTC)
- August 26th - Ten zombies hold Hildebrand Mall without contest. The Herbert Building NecroTech facility lies ruined and the Swansborough Park revive point is swamped with dead bodies reviving and nearly double digit zombies still Mrh?ing for revives. Eligius General Hospital got X:00 struck yesterday by a mob of zombies from the Ridleybank Resistance Front horde. Local pro-survivors and the Malton Medical Staff alongside the Roftwood Elite are scrambling to keep revivies flowing and barricades on buildings. The fighting is fast and furious! --ZombGG (talk) 14:30, 26 August 2020 (UTC)
- May 12th - The Ridleybank Resistance Front horde stormed Hildebrand Mall yesterday with a force of 24 zombies! Around midnight EST the RRF then broke into the Herbert Building NecroTech facility and laid it to ruin. The Roftwood Communication Center is buzzing with activity as the Malton Medical Staff keeps revives flowing at Swansborough Park and the Roftwood Elite draw up counter-attack plans. Presently Roftwood is dangerous. --ZombGG (talk) 12:17, 12 May 2020 (UTC)
- May 2nd - Hildebrand was breached but the attack appears to have been repulsed with casualties.
- April 25th - The Constables are the Ridleybank Resistance Front zombie gang who assaulted Hildebrand Mall earlier this week and cracked into the Herbert Building NecroTech facility last night. Survivors with the Roftwood Communication Center are on high alert as the suburb status is updated to dangerous. Revives from Swansborough Park continue to flow at a fast rate with much credit to the Malton Medical Staff and Roftwood Elite. --ZombGG (talk) 23:20, 26 April 2020 (UTC)
- April 23rd - Hildebrand Mall was assaulted. The assault appears to have been repulsed with heavy casualties on both sides. Mafiamanz (talk) 10:41, 23 April 2020 (UTC)
- April 20th - ZombGG celebrated an epic birthday bash and 4/20 party in the Philpotts Towers 5th floor penthouse arcade with the Roftwood Communication Center, Roftwood Elite, Malton Medical Staff, Flowers of Decay, and a character with the Ridleybank Resistance Front! Enough quantity of Cran(ium)berry wine, Greenhow Gutrot and imported Caiger Coolers was drank to drain Lake Michigan twice. Observers equated the mass of the cloud of skunky smelling white smoke fuming from Philpotts Towers to that of the 1944 Mount Vesuvius eruption. By sunrise there was no evidence left suggesting the existence of what once was a dank pile of powerfully potent pot brownies stacked in a masterful scaled replication of Giza's Great Sphinx. All this as well as dancing and speeches and death and resurrection and even red christmas lights all added together for quite the good time! --ZombGG (talk) 16:42, 22 April 2020 (UTC)
- April 19th - Survivors once again occupy the suburb, following the occupation by The Dead. Lights are appearing in some buildings.
- April 6th - A tour through the suburb shows a very low survivor and zombie population. Most of the buildings are intact, very few are powered. The action appears to be between the Hildebrand Mall and the suburb's mobile phone mast at the Summer Building. Revives at Swansborough Park are active and speedy. Most of the ruined buildings in the suburb are in the west end closest to Stanbury Village and it's Nichols Mall.
- February 17th - The Ridleybank Resistance Front zombie horde has been rampaging through Roftwood. TRP's across the suburb are consistently clawed into and ruined with a big focus on the Herbert Building NecroTech facility. The RRF's Gore Corps, the Flowers of Decay, and yet another PK squad identified as the Midnight Ramblers have all been spotted in and around the suburb murdering pro-survivors left and right. Fighting is fierce and the death toll is astounding! --ZombGG (talk) 02:35, 18 February 2020 (UTC)
- January 16th - The Scourge have not been spotted in Roftwood for days, marking the end of a long and fierce campaign. The Roftwood Coordination Center reports the Flowers of Decay are responsible for a few recent PKs, aside from this the suburb has an eerie sense of peace not experienced since before Halloween of last year. --ZombGG (talk) 01:32, 17 January 2020 (UTC)
- December 25th - the Pendell Arms was the place to be on Christmas Eve and Day this year! The Roftwood Coordination Center hosted an RP rager! Those in attendance included the Roftwood Elite, Malton Medical Staff, Knights Templar, Flowers of Decay, Ridleybank Resistance Front, The Scourge and many others. There was music and gift exchanges, dancing, a mistletoe, and barrels of alcohol. The Christmas Tree was decorated with tinsel and red lights and stood tall until 5pm EST Christmas Day after all gifts were exchanged (surgical chainsaws, death certificates, a pungi, etc) All survivors remaining in the Pendell Arms after 5pm EST gifted themselves to The Scourge for a merry meal. --ZombGG (talk) 02:55, 27 December 2019 (UTC)
- December 14th - The Roftwood Coordination Center reports Hildebrand Mall has been sacked by ~25 zombies from both The Scourge and the Ridleybank Resistance Front hordes. Eligius General Hospital, Dempsey Grove Police Department, and Rawlins Row Police Department are all on red alert as zombie break ins are constant. --ZombGG (talk) 04:41, 15 December 2019 (UTC)
- December 8th - Hildebrand Mall fell after a mob of 18 zombies (largely from The Scourge) breached the NW corner. Death quickly followed for all the survivors inside. Eligius General Hospital has also been hit by The Scourge and is presently listed as Under Attack as survivors and zombies clash for control. Revives are flowing at a good pace from Swansborough Park. --ZombGG (talk) 03:43, 9 December 2019 (UTC)
- December 4th - Roftwood had been enjoying a few days of peace and powered buildings following the departure of the Ridleybank Resistance Front zombies and necro-terrorists... Until this morning when The Scourge smashed into St. Ethelbert's Hospital (Roftwood) and made snacks of survivors inside. Presently the legendary TRP is under attack. The Roftwood Coordination Center is mustering a defense against the suburb's latest undead invaders. --ZombGG (talk) 14:26, 4 December 2019 (UTC)
- November 17th - Fighting remains fierce between survivors and zombies. The action is mostly concentrated in eastern Roftwood around the Hildebrand Mall, Eligius General Hospital, and the Herbert Building area. The Roftwood Coordination Center has been working closely with the Department of Emergency Management, Soldiers of Crossman, and most recently with a supporting force from the Knights Templar to restore the suburb. Zombies from the infamous Ridleybank Resistance Front are still very active in the area as are the Flowers of Decay PK group. Presently the fighting seems gridlocked, with no one faction gaining any upper hand. Revives are flowing steadily at Swansborough Park and TRPs are constantly being ruined and rebuilt. --ZombGG (talk) 16:39, 17 November 2019 (UTC)
- November 7th - The first organized effort by the Roftwood Coordination Center to reclaim Eligius General Hospital has ended in death and ruin. Initially, survivors were able to clear out the zombies, repair the devastation, and rebuild barricades. However within short time, the Ridleybank Resistance Front struck and shattered the hospital, killing all survivors inside and reducing the building back to ruin. --ZombGG (talk) 12:07, 8 November 2019 (UTC)
- November 4th - Survivors are still recovering from the massive blow over Halloween night. As the Swansborough Park revive point clears, the Roftwood Coordination Center attempts a rebuilding effort and reports eerie graffiti inside many of the ruined buildings deeming the suburb "New Ridleybank". Survivor presence is low throughout the area and breaths are cut short by the Flowers of Decay. TRPs are being rebuilt, but not populated and are quickly returning to ruins by zombies from the Ridleybank Resistance Front. --ZombGG (talk) 21:37, 4 November 2019 (UTC)
- November 1st - Overnight a lightning strike by combined zombie and PKer forces has devastated several key locations in Roftwood. Hildebrand Mall, The Herbert Building, Eligius General Hospital, Maiden Auto Repair and St Ethelbert's Hospital have all fallen, with fatalities now believed to number more than sixty. The Ridleybank Resistance Front. Flowers of Decay, Syg Nok, Red Rum and Creedy Guerrilla Raiders have all been sighted. It remains to be seen what response will come from Roftwood Coordination Center, but right now Roftwood is one of the most dangerous places in Malton. --LordMoloch (talk) 12:56, 1 November 2019 (UTC)
- October 23rd - Suburb status updated to dangerous as nearly 20+ zombies largely from the Ridleybank Resistance Front horde have made their presence in Roftwood from Vere Cinema, to the Herbert Building, to outside the SE corner of Hildebrand Mall. The Roftwood Coordination Center is buzzing with activity as pro survivors prepare to defend against the undead. --ZombGG (talk) 01:01, 24 October 2019 (UTC)
- September 15th - Roftwood remains under fierce contest. The Ridleybank Resistance Front and numerous feral zombies have been active all across the suburb from the Greenhow Building to St. Ethelbert's Hospital (Roftwood) to Hildebrand Mall, zombies and survivors battle for back and forth for control of numerous TRPs. Presently a heavy concentration of both survivors and zombies are standing off at Hildebrand Mall's SW corner. --ZombGG (talk) 18:09, 15 September 2019 (UTC)
- August 29th - The Constables have ruined the north west corner of Hildebrand Mall. Survivors are clashing against the zombies inside. --ZombGG (talk) 01:06, 30 August 2019 (UTC)
- August 23th - The Constables are spotted by the Roftwood Coordination Center. The eastern side of the suburb is a hotbed for GKing and zombie break ins. Today the Herbert Building has finally been rebuilt and barricaded after days of zombie occupation. The suburb status has been updated to moderately dangerous. --ZombGG (talk) 04:26, 24 August 2019 (UTC)
- August 1st - July was a dark month for the pro survivors in Roftwood. Nearly everyday was dark due to a heavy haunting by the Ridleybank Resistance Front. Today eastern Roftwood has many powered and barricaded buildings. The west is still contested - no powered buildings spotted. There is no significant zombie presence at the moment. --ZombGG (talk) 16:00, 1 August 2019 (UTC)
- April 19th - After a five day-long assault by the forces of the Ridleybank Resistance Front, The Scourge, Syg Nok , Flowers of Decay and other roaming killers, the once thriving suburb of Roftwood has been devastated. Almost every building has been ruined and survivors of the initial onslaught have retreated into the surrounding areas to regroup. Occasional efforts have been made to sally back into the suburb, but on the whole Roftwood is eerily quiet, but for occasional gunfire and zombie groans. The suburb is now to be classed as 'Very Dangerous'. --LordMoloch (talk) 19:24, 19 April 2019 (UTC)
The Last Stand at St. Ethelbert's Hospital, January 10th 2008 - January 31st 2008 - The Last Stand of Roftwood was a battle between the Malton Medical Staff (MMS), Upper Left Corner (ULC), and the remaining survivors of Roftwood against the RRF and ferals. After systematically leveling the suburb building by building, the final building left was St. Ethelbert's Hospital, which came to be known as "That damn hospital that just won't fall". Though the battle was small in scope, the humourous conversation of the MMS and ULC made the event memorable.
Zombie Debates, November 15th 2006 - Mar 19th 2007 - In spacious Quartly Library, zombies and survivors debated matters such as zombie spies, strike teams and even love. After months of discussion, the zambahz had taught the harmanz about barhah, and fought for their safe-house like any survivor should.
Ricky Martin Concert, January 21st 2006 - The first ever Ricky Martin concert in Malton took place. The concert began on January 21st at Floyd Stadium in Barrville, according to several fliers and advertisements pasted on various buildings.
The Survivor Zone
Roftwood is an eastern district in the Survivor Security Zone (SSZ) and is one of the main suburbs within the Zone. The SSZ is an area incorporating most of central Malton. It was setup to ensure communication was established between groups of survivors living in the region. It was hoped that they might come together to coordinate plans of attack.
Additional Notable Locations
- The Wotton Building (69,54) - entry point.
- Quartly Library (66,52) - Home of the Quartly Study Group.
- St. Ethelbert's Hospital (Roftwood) (66,50) - entry point maintained by the Malton Medical Staff.
The Roftwood Barricade Plan is Uniform Barricading Policy (UBP) Compliant. It has a variety of VSB entry points and resource buildings, for easy access as well as new player spawning. It also has a number of strategically placed EHB safehouses. Please try and rectify any breeches in the barricade plan you encounter (raising and lowering barricades appropriately) unless otherwise indicated because of attack. For details, refer to the Roftwood Barricade Plan or Talk:Roftwood Barricade Plan.