|Cybele's Children/Slayers are no longer active. It's talk page is preserved for archival purposes. Please note that any messages left here will probably not be responded to. This group was reported inactive on 21:56, 9 January 2009 (UTC) Not Inactive?|
Malton Murder Awards Nominees
|Malton Murder Award Nominee|
|This User or Group has been nominated by the general populace for engaging with in the murderous ways of Malton. Be sure to vote here for your choice by 23.00 GMT on the 15th!|
Best Newcomer (group): Cybele's Children
Best Newcomer (individual): Jess Cutter
Best Newcomer (individual): Sabanya
Services to the Industry: Torec Shadecrow
Best Group: Cybele's Children
Thankyou for your polite message. I'm always looking for more lesbians to join me in Giddings. If any of your girls have alternante characters in the area, they can join LLL. Just leave a message on the LLL discussion board (the mobile phone network is proving more and more unreliable).
Love, Lud Lum 15:24, November 9, 2006 (UTC)
You don't kill us, we don't kill you. It's the way the ASSault usually works.
Just as a side note; I copyedited your group page and replaced the horrendously large PNG with a JPEG. (No perceptible loss in quality but it's 1/6th the size.) –Xoid M•T•U! 12:36, 9 November 2006 (UTC)
THe CGR say hello
Hello and thanks for the message. Come on over to pitneybank and get some kills with us!--Franz Molotov 23:15, 28 November 2006 (UTC)
- nice to have you on the PKA forum --Pathetic BiII 06:37, 2 December 2006 (UTC)
- sorry BladeHand --PatheticBiII 22:26, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
Just a hello
takes off his hat (even though he is not actually wearing one). Good day ladies. I just wanted to say I strongly support your efforts into bringing more women into Malton...Honestly, sleeping with stinky men in every safehouse you can find is not really my type of "a good time". sighs Though I am strongly against your PKing policy...Oh well, them's the breaks. Yours, Jenx 22:25, 3 December 2006 (UTC)
Greetings from Malton Rangers
We want to extend a hand of welcome for bringing more women into malton. That being said, there are many of us who feel that you girls should get back in the kitchen and make sandwiches for our good old boys fighting the zombie scourge. We who serve in the rangers do not necessarily feel this way, but we would ask that you not kill us, because our guys hold grudges for way too long, and striking a woman just isn't classy. --Dickhole The Great 16:13, 7 December 2006 (UTC)
My goodness, a group of female PKers... how frightening... The Malton Bounty Emo Killers extend both a welcome and an offer of a non-aggression alliance to your group. Stop by our wiki or message boards to talk to us! ShinobiSlider 06:18, 24 January 2007 (UTC)
A friendly hello to you kind ladies. I am Ade, a founding member of Escendo Numerus. We are a PK Group based in the Huntley Heights region of Malton with the exclusive goal of slaughtering members of the 4H. I'd like to offer an open invitation for you to join us. Huntley has been "blessed" lately with a lack of zombies, and we find that a shame. We'd like some help putting blood back on the streets, PK style.
Consider my invitation, please. It's remarkable fun! --Adrian Jeshua 18:19, 3 February 2007 (UTC)
Re: Escendo Numerus
I just saw your post to the discussion page on this group's Wiki entry. You may want to think twice about this, as the leader of Escendo Numerus, in spite of denying the allegation, once threatened, on our forums, to rape a female member of the 4-H with his shotgun. I was the moderator on the 4-H forum that removed the post, and unfortunately did not take a screen shot, a mistake I have been regreting for a very long time. Just thought you should know, as your reputation as a Feminist group proceeds you.
Mark Williams, Head of Revives, the 4-H, 23:04, February 10, 2006 (PST)
I have been made aware that Escendo Numerus has tried to lure you into PKing the 4-H. Though I cannot dissuade your eventual decision to PK, I was witness to the demoralization of women by this group, and ask that you not succumb to attacking us based on this reason. I myself have encountered members of your group. As much as I aim an itchy trigger finger to a PK group, your foundation of antifeminism is one I fully support, hence why I have always protected a member of Cybele's Children when encountered in Santlerville, Shearbank, Heytown, and Randallbank. Violent or otherwise demoralizing treatment of women in the game is an action I oppose wholeheartedly.
Yaznov Makushkin, 2nd in command, the 4-H, 15:03, February 11, 2006 (PST)
- Are the Cybele groups ANTI-feminist, as you assert? They merely choose to label themselves not feminist. Which is not ergo anti-feminist. Perhaps in-game, or somewhere else, this is stated? I don't know the details here, so this is all rather confusing...
- In actuality, these Cybele groups are feminist in orientation, no matter how they may wish to self-identify to the contrary. Equal participation and representation of women is certainly a feminist agenda. And a damn laudable one, at that. It's sad that some people still aren't confident enough in the validity and diversity of feminism to feel a need to distance themselves from a label that ought to have NO negative connotations or stereotypes whatsover. But much more sad that someone would feel it appropriate to belittle a group or individual because their "feminist reputation precedes them".......
- Frankly, there is a lot of VERY sexist and derogatory stuff going down in UD. Which is very sad. I'm not going to go on a crusade against any of it, but... as for any group or individual that is overtly anti-feminist, well... personally, that makes me anti-them. I don't want to get into a big debate / drama over this, but I an certainly not going to let a declaration of "anti-feminism" go without comment... --WanYao 11:54, 31 July 2007 (BST)
- I've never discounted the feminist movement in any way; I believe that perhaps the statement above was a slip of the keyboard? While I suppose our actions as a group can be considered feminist in nature, these would have to be considered to be the most liberal, un-militaristic group you can get. For the most part, we're just playing this game. In fact, the only thing I can see that would make us feminists is the fact that our stated agenda is to help achieve parity between men and women in the game.
- As for the second bit of your post... Yes, there is a lot of sexism in this game, but there is also a lot of racism, political incorrectness, offencive material, etc as well. Of course, this isn't to discount the problem that you brought up, it's just to help lay out a view of the situation we find ourselves in. If you're considering sexism, the most I've ever seen has come from members of the NMC. Unfortunately, one of the biggest problems is that statistically, men are more likely to be on this game than women. The women that DO join that I know have no problems with creating male characters; they seem to understand the idea of role playing innately. A good number of the men I've tried to convince to create a female character (read: over half, probably three quarters) were uncomfortable to do so. So men are less likely to create female characters. Considering this, you've got a small base (it's growing though, luckily) of female players who play both sexes, and a large base of male players who primarily play only male characters; this creates an even bigger gap. Unfortunatley, it's a sad situation. Perhaps in time I can convince more people that roleplaying, especially on a game such as this, is not something to be afraid of or avoid. I started Torec as a roleplaying experiment, to explore a neurotic character. I wonder how many people in Malton actually have a character to them, other than "Hey, let's go kill some zeds, then afterwards, we can go to the campus pub for some pizza." Torec T-CC/CS/CS/CS 12:49, 31 July 2007 (BST)
Club Vagg vip status
The Imagine organization has taken up the management of Malton's premier lesbian nightclub, Club Vagg. This club has a history of putting counter-culture groups on its VIP list (regardless of gender) and the Imagine organization (always a supporter of the counter-culture) is happy to say we have extended VIP status at "The Vagg" to your group.