"Secret operations are essential in war; upon them the army relies to make its every move." -Sun Tzu
|Leadership:||The Triumvirate: A Council of the leaders of 1st, 2nd and 3rd Companies.|
|Goals:||To revive the Undead, enforce local barricade plans, and survive no matter the environment.|
|Recruitment Policy:||Any survivors may join.Read River Tactics for basic knowledge.|
|Contact:||If you want to join, you may enter a request on the Talk:Wulves page.|
On Self-Pity: "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."-D.H. Lawrence
|This user or group believes that while zambahz and humans must kill each other, they can still be civil about it.|
The Wulves group is a Special Operations Militia and Scientific Research Unit dedicated to curing the undead of Malton while protecting our fellow survivors. We cannot wait for the governments of the outside world that quarantine us to send us help-we must become the soldier-scientists that will carve out a place for us in this new savage environment. "Darwin Days" have come for us all here in this city. It does not matter what you were on the outside, here survival goes to the fittest. To thrive here, you must become a high tech hunter, like "urban wolves", those who use the team work of the wolf pack in the ferro-concrete forest of Malton. To thrive here, where you will be hunted, you must become an apex predator. Become an Urban Guerilla Techno-Hunter. Join the Wulves and thrive.
We currently operate out of Wyke Hills and intend to counter the death cultists + zombies by employment of guerilla tactics, satellite communications systems and task force organization.
"...then Anu and Bel called by name me, Hammurabi, the exalted prince, who feared God, to bring about the rule of righteousness in the land... so that the strong should not harm the weak."" -Hammurabi's Code of Laws
"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate."-Sun Tzu
- "STAY IN COMMUNICATION." As a strategic force, we cannot be effective if our members are unable to coordinate and plan an evacuation, counterstrike, or any other operation deemed necessary.
- "DO NOT PK." PKing is strictly forbidden because it wastes the AP of the unit. (The exception would be Black Ops Strike Teams.) If any Wulves member violate this law they might be suspended from the group. Do not waste AP on pointless vendettas. The way to respond to PKers is to hunt them as a team to encourage them to hunt elsewhere.
- "BE STEALTHY." Respect the Zeds! Do not attract unwanted attention of zombies. If engaging OUTSIDE a building (to gain experiance points, for example), you must "Commit to the Hit" DO NOT LEAVE WOUNDED ZEDS! Don't start what you can't finish. Save your attack AP for Zeds inside buildings.
- "HELP NEW PLAYERS." By enforcing the local barricade policy, reviving them when undead, directing them to the nearest VSB safehouse, etc. Aside from promoting the survivor cause and being the right thing to do, new players grow to be veterans and they will remember your help, thereby building a good group reputation and possibly some recruits.
- "RESPECT + REVIVE ZOMBIES." Help Zeds at RPs. If they have infection, then try to heal them when they stand, also. If you see a survivor with infection that you did not revive and have a spare FAK, then you should still cure the infection and restore more health if possible. If we gain enough members we may patrol a specific RP in Wyke Hills.
- "FOLLOW GENERAL ORDERS." We cannot function as a guerilla unit while inert; our strength relies on our Mobility and Anonymity. If we move on an operation, we expect our team members to move with us. We disperse to move, concentrate to strike then disperse again. HIT AND RUN.
- "WORK AS A TEAM." We are a paramilitary guerilla group. This concept cannot be stressed enough: We value individual initiative in pursuit of common goals. Paramilitary means freedom of action in achieving operation objectives but mutual support in the face of adversity.
- "ALTS OUT." Wulves players can have alts in other groups or as independents BUT we move fast, far and often SO IF WE ENTER A BURB YOUR ALT MUST LEAVE BECAUSE WULVES FOLLOW THE GAMES RULES-TO BE CLEAR ON THIS, HERE IS THE RULE ON ALTS: "Am I allowed to play multiple characters?You are, provided that they lead completely separate existences within the game - your characters should not collaborate, nor share (or stand outside) the same building. Multiple characters found to be working together in a suspicious fashion will be automatically flagged, penalized or even banned permanently by the system. If you're running a few characters, it's best to make sure that they stay in separate suburbs.
- "TECH UP." We are a meta gaming group. Forum checking is crucial. Satellite Phone is HIGHLY encouraged. Expand your game.
- "BE ADAPTABLE." Not everyone can commit to everyday operations-we understand. There are many ways to play as a Wulve operative-we value tightly coordinated team actions AND we value loose independent play as well. Talk to one of the team leaders if you need to change your style or time in game.
note: This also means that while the team leaders will set goals and targets for a given Op, they will not "Order" you around- instead they will "warn or advise". EXAMPLES:
"Attention 2nd Co: this is your warning order: Op begins in 24 hours"
" Attention 3rd Co: Be advised-MOB is in West Greyside-suggest you move west of your last reported posit."
" Attention 1st Co: Time on target strike requested by Scouteric-Subject:TripleU Location: Wickstead Building, Time on target:GMT Date/Time-Sunday, 6 Jun 2010 04:45"
RESPECT YOUR ENEMIES: YOU NEVER KNOW...
|Wulves/2nd Co: Specialist|
|This User is has achieved the grade of Specialist|
|Wulves/2nd Co: Scout|
|This user has achieved the grade of Scout|
|Wulves/2nd Co: Master Spy|
|This user has achieved the grade of Master Spy|
|Wulves/2nd Co: Agent|
|This user has achieved the grade of Agent|
|Wulves/2nd Co: Tactician|
|This user has achieved the grade of Tactician|
|Wulves/2nd Co: Operative|
|This user has achieved the grade of Operative|
|This user has achieved the grade of Investigator|
|This user has achieved the grade of Tactical Operations Captain|
AS MEMBERS OF A PARAMILTARY GUERILLA GROUP, SOME OPERATIVES WILL NOT "TAG IN" AS WULVES GROUP MEMBERS ON THE GROUP LISTING OF THEIR CHARACTER PROFILE IN ORDER TO BLEND IN WITH THE GENERAL POPULATION. THE FOLLOWING LIST IS OF OPERATIVES WHO FUNCTION AS POLITICAL AGENTS, DIPLOMATS OR CONTACT LIASONS.
Military Personnel for Combat Operations
|REACH OUT & KILL SOMEBODY|
First Company Anthem- Guardians of Asgard by Amon Amarth
Utility Personnel for Intelligence/Miscellaneous Operations Wulves/Second Company
|FIRST ON THE FIELD & LAST TO LEAVE|
Tactical Operations Captain (TOC): scouteric
Strategic Operations Liason (StratOp): Classified
Scientific Personnel in Charge of Intelligence and Revivification/Healing
|SWIFT+SILENT:WE SEE YOU|
Bureau Chief: Classified
Warrant Officers: Classified
Tactical Area Rescue
453rd Armed Medical Corps
Dr Otto Octavius' Medical Staff
Fort Perryn Defense Force
Stalwart Friends and Individuals of Merit-Priority Revives:
"Rivals"-Foes who have earned our respect:
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Annus_Horribilis The number one threat to the peace and stability of Wyke Hills are the clever and resourceful Zedsoldier Fanatics and Deathcult Agents of Annus Horribilis. They match the paramilitary structure and organization of our Wulves, the deceptiveness of our own Ghost Operations and the determination and persistance of the MOB's Barhah warriors. Wulves Operatives are directed to accord players with this group the respect they have earned while recognizing in AH a fellow apex predator working for the Undead side. The small numbers of AH actually are a testimony to what talented operatives can achieve through creative tactics-and their attempts to harness loose ferals to the targets of their raids is one of the most dangerous developments since x:00 tactics. They also revel in the infamy they create by their various stunts so it is important to stay "on purpose" when dealing with them. Many Wyke Hills Ops will be versus this opponent.
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Militant_Order_of_Barhah The Best Zed group in the game. MOB is a tsunami of military metagame coordination and the Wulves will often track the movements of this group while reviving and recading along the MOB flanks. Usually the special task of 3rd Company.
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Feral_Undead Often the largest Zed group in the game, this veteran group holds the far southeast corner under it's control. What MOB does with organization, the FU does with numbers and raw power. Many Ops by 2nd Company involve supporting the survis attempts to restore Fort Perryn and keeping an eye on the FU's migrations.
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Ridleybank_Resistance_Front Dominant Zed group of the game at this time. A "combined arms" approach of Pkers, GKers, Death Cultists and Rotters. Truely a "force of history" within Malton. Uses it's homeland position in the center of the city as a strategic springboard for mayhem in all quarters.
"Enemies"-Foes we scorn:
NEX UT TERRERE! SIC GORGIAMUS ALLOS SUBJECTATOS NUNC!
(DEATH TO TERRORISTS! WE WILL FEAST ON THE BONES OF THOSE WHO SEEK TO OPPRESS US!)
|Eh...you know of course, this means WAR!|
Wulvesnet Radio on the Buckley Mall Channel
Radio Wulvesnet / Local Shared Transmit Frequency @ 26.84 MHz.
|Short-wave Radio Info|
|This group or location has a dedicated radio frequency.
Frequency: 26.84 MHz
There are some templates available, to put on Wulves' user pages. Here is our group tag:
|This user is a member of the Wulves group.|
To put it on your page, use this:
Here are some we use as a group:
|This user was taken out by Wulves|
|Eh...you know, of course, this means WAR!|
|This User or Group has run with the pack and is considered a Friend by the Wulves.|
|We Like Wyke!|
|This user lives in glorious Wyke Hills.|
|Drive to Revive|
|This user goes on DIRT:NAPS.|
Wulves Theme Song
1)Protect new survivors 2)Fight off and cure the zombie horde 3)Develope the barricades + buildings of: (Wyke Hills currently) 4)Support and strengthen allies 5)Develop intelligence and communication systems
|River Tactics Supporter|
|This User or Group supports River Tactics.|