The Malton Danger Center, originally primarily conceived and executed by Johnny Twotoes and Charles Whipplebotum, is a set of maps providing live-updating information that anyone can edit for each and every block across the city of Malton. By tapping into the already-existing DangerReport system on the wiki, this map is able to take the building statuses reported elsewhere on the wiki (e.g. Caiger Mall's) and portray them in a graphical form, enabling anyone to understand at a glance what the overall status of their favorite suburb or the city as a whole is. Instructions for reading and contributing to the map are provided at the end of this page
█ Rot Revive
|█ Under Attack
█ Under Siege
|█ In Zombie Hands
How to Read the Map
You'll need to know what suburb you're interested in looking at and where it's located within the city. Once you know approximately what you're looking for, mouse over the suburbs in the map above to cause text to appear, telling you what suburb your cursor is over. Use that to locate the specific suburb you are searching for. You may also view the map by quadrant by using the links along the top of the map. The quadrant maps have the benefit of providing a building name and status on mouse over.
From there, individual blocks are color-coded based on the latest report for that block that has been reported on the wiki using the DangerReport system. Check the key immediately below the map for what each color corresponds to. The possible statuses are:
- Safe: The building is barricaded with no noticeable zombie or PKer presence.
- Rot Revive: The building is being used to revivify zombies with Brain Rot. (only applies to NecroTech facilities)
- Under Attack: Persistent attacks from zombies or PKers, but the building is in no immediate danger.
- Under Siege: Survivor defenders are under siege from coordinated and/or large-scale attacks by zombies or PKers.
- Ransacked: Any one corner is ransacked or ruined. (only applies to malls and forts)
- Ruined: The building is ruined but not barricaded beyond very strongly, with few or no zombies present.
- In Zombie Hands: The building is ransacked or ruined with significant zombie presence.
- Pinata: The building is above very strongly barricaded and is ruined.
- Rebuilding: Survivors have recently recaptured the building, but zombies still pose a threat.
- Unknown: The building's status is currently unknown.
How to Update
The map can only be updated one block at a time. To do so, you must first navigate to the DangerReport for the block you wish to update. You can find links to the DangerReport pages for individual blocks by going to the suburb where the block is located, then scrolling to the bottom of the page for that suburb. There, you should see a map of the entire suburb. Click on the block you wish to update to bring up the DangerReport for that block (note: outdoor blocks are represented as black squares on the map because they do not have a corresponding DangerReport).
Once you have reached the DangerReport for a block, look for the report near the top of the page, then click the "update" link in the top-right of the report. From there, simply follow the instructions provided on that page. As soon as you save your edit, your changes will be reflected in this map the next time it is loaded (please refrain from loading this map repeatedly, since this page puts some strain on the wiki).