The Eades Building

From The Urban Dead Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Mall-ruined-small.jpg

The Eades Building
EthrDemon (talk) 00:13, 1 February 2020 (UTC)
the Eades Building

Gibsonton [87,20]

the Gwinn Building Giverd Street the Snooke Arms
the Henson Museum the Eades Building a factory
Dimon Alley Railway Station Brooke Street the Vick Museum

Basic Info:


Concrete fire.jpg

The Eades Building

Description

The Eades Building [87,20] is a fire-damaged concrete building flanked by trees. It is located in Gibsonton.

Scarb art photo.jpg

History

It served as the head offices of A.K. Firearms, and was built in the early 1980s to replace the cramped offices of The Eades Gallery which previously stood on the site.

Originally built by the Cornish art merchant and philanthropist, Denzel Eades, in 1860 as he expanded his business into Malton. The Eades Gallery's location proved profitable, being linked with two railway stations, as well as having three museums: The Henson, The Vick and The Chanter located close by. Denzel was renowned for his ability to ship works of art and statues from around the world easily to Malton.

Denzel Eades was murdered in Florence in 1863, following an unfortunate tryst with a countess. His portrait still hangs in the Boardroom, somehow untouched by zombies or marauders.

The art gallery was eventually sold off to Atterson's of Durham, where it flourished for a while, until the start of World War Two, when art sales plummeted. Always an astute businessman, Sir John Atterson teamed up with Martin Kempster and converted it into office space for their new venture, A.K. Firearms, building a new factory next door. Following a munitions explosion in 1979, which structurally weakened the Gallery prompting it's demolition, Charles Atterson commissioned the current office block.

Barricade Policy

EHB, for shelter to Free Runners...

Current Status