From The Urban Dead Wiki
In the game, the suburb you are in is given at the top of the 3x3 map showing your immediate environment. There is no special procedure for moving from one suburb to another - simply keep walking and you will find yourself in a new suburb. If your map has fewer than nine squares, you are at one of the boundaries of Malton itself, not simply the boundary of a suburb.
Danger Map of Malton Suburbs
|Suburb Danger Level Colors|
Break-ins rare, max 50+ zombies in suburb and no zombie groups above 10.
|| Moderately Dangerous
Active zombies and break-ins, but no 50+ hostile hordes
Zombies inside many resource buildings; OR hostile mobs of 50+
|| Very Dangerous
Most buildings wide open or zombie-infested; OR hostile zombie mobs of 150+
|| A Ghost Town
At least 2/3rds of the suburb's buildings either Empty of Survivors or Ransacked/Ruined AND having no zombie mobs of over 10 and no total zombies over 60
Suburbs listed in boldface contain notable locations, groups, or events.
A history of the danger map system and an archive of danger map screenshots can be found on the Suburb/History page.
Suburbs of Note
- The Dead originated from this suburb, evicting the DHPD in the process and creating a dangerous environment for the living, which has lasted several years.
- Houses the southern half and gatehouse of Fort Perryn, the site of a constant struggle for pride and authority. The Feral Undead's base of operations is here.
- Home of the Ridleybank Resistance Front and suburbs of their claimed territory.
- Home to Caiger Mall, site of four of the largest sieges in UD history. The Malton Iditarod started and finished here.
- Home to the Yagoton Revivification Clinic, one of the largest revivification points in Malton. The Valentine's Day Massacre took place in Southern Yagoton.
- Former home of the PA Rebel Alliance, based out of Giddings Mall. In 2005, they were responsible for The Many's greatest defeat. Won against The Shining Ones in a 2006 siege as well. Also home to the Creedy Defense Force as well as the PKer group Creedy Guerilla Raiders.
- Suburb once occupied by a group called DARIS, who made it a policy to eliminate all non-DARIS members within the suburb. It was eventually forced out by a variety of factors, including downright apathy and a possible zerging attack.
Use the discussion page to vote on new historically noteworthy suburbs.
Shown in the section above is one of several useful maps of Malton. This section gives links to others; each has a different focus in the information it shows, several extend the above map to include other information. See also: Maps
- A dynamic map displaying the live Dangerreport status of every block in Malton.
- Historical views of the Danger Map shown above.
- An updater-friendly version of danger map which includes links to suburb news, building information center and direct link to danger level updates right on the map.
- Combines the Danger Map with summaries of External Military radio reports from 25.96Mhz.
- Gives a graphical layout showing the status of malls across the city.
- Combines with the Danger Map to create a map showing the status of NecroTech Buildings across the city.
- Gives a graphical layout showing status Forts, Malls & NecroTech buildings, all in one map.
- Combines with the Danger Map to create a map showing the status of Mobile Phone Mast Buildings across the city.
- Shows the operational status of Mobile Phone Masts across the city.
- A Map of all Malton's buildings designed to be printer friendly.
| Gameplay • Character Classes • Skills • Items • Locations|
Suburbs • Revive Point • Mobile Phone Mast • Radio Frequencies
Building Types • Frequently Asked Questions • Known Bugs