The Sendell Arms

From The Urban Dead Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search


The Sendell Arms
EHB, unlit
Danger Updater MDUDC 00:35, 31 January 2021 (UTC)
the Sendell Arms

West Grayside [52, 86]

the Trout Building Bickell Way a junkyard
a carpark the Sendell Arms Coxon Auto Repair
Shalle Boulevard Telfer Cinema Clapshaw Alley

Basic Info:

  • Pubs have no internal descriptions, apart from " abandoned pub."
  • Arms can be barricaded normally.

The Sendell Arms


The Sendell Arms is a quaint little pub in the heart of West Grayside. The tasteful interior design consists mainly of exotic taxidermy "borrowed" from the nearby Paice Museum. A hand-painted pub sign hangs outside the barricaded front door bearing the scene of a medieval unicorn dancing joyfully in what seem likely to be the fires of hell.


In the early 1860s Glen Jacobs appears to have opened a beerhouse on Bickell Way, which became known as The Bickell Tavern. In 1913, the Gass Plaza Railway Station was built nearby which reduced pedestrian traffic in the area forcing Mr Jacobs to sell his business. Frank Johnson bought the facility and after several renovations reopened the pub under the name of the Johnson Arms. Despite such alterations the basic look of the pub was to change very little over the years, even after its purchase by the Griswalds in 1953. As late as 1974, Chris Arnold in an article about the pub in the Malton News could describe it as an 'old fashioned, basic, down to earth' pub.

This all changed, however, after the retirement in 1981 of Grace Sanders, who had been landlady there for thirty-four years. William Sendell took over in 1984, updating the building to more modern standards and changed it's name to the Sendell Arms. The number of customers increased dramatically and the pub's popularity was maintained up until the outbreak in 2005.

Despite being abandoned, the old tavern continued operation sporadically under various squatters. The South Malton Watch maintained the place as their hangout for the three years between 2007 and 2010. The Sendell Saints also laid claim to the property, using it as a home base briefly during the year of 2008. Graffiti remnants hint at additional occupancy in early 2015, known in pub lore as the the "Time of Able" -- little is know of this part of pub history.

Recently, it has reopened under the name The Vulgar Unicorn; it serves a variety of homebrewed beers and hearty stews.

Barricade Policy

Kept at EHB with the Junkyard next door serving as designated entry point.

Current Status

August 30 2016 The building has heavily barricaded. A portable generator has been set up here. It is running. Zedd Unicron (talk) 01:26, 31 August 2016 (UTC)

February 13 2015 The building has been extremely heavily barricaded. A portable generator has been set up here. It is running. --AbSent (talk) 18:07, 13 February 2015 (UTC)

February 13 2014 You are inside the Sendell Arms, an abandoned pub. The building has been extremely heavily barricaded. The bar has been decorated with four stuffed eagles, two stuffed alligators, three stuffed lion heads, a stuffed crocodile, a stuffed moose head, two stuffed bears and a stuffed tiger head. --TohruRokuno 16:18, 13 February 2014 (UTC)

November 9 2009 EHB, but in danger. --Electrodan 21:23, 9 November 2009 (UTC)

LocationsStub.png This page, The Sendell Arms, is a locations stub. Please help us to improve the wiki by contributing to this page. Be sure the following information is added to the page: coordinates, suburb, 9 block map (or 16 block map for large buildings), description, barricading policy, and history. Please refer to the Location Style Guide.