These are groups that no longer exist but are of historical importance in the Urban Dead timeline. The current yet unchallenged precedent is that historical groups are put in the "known groups" section of suburb or suburbs where their influence was seen.
To attain historical group status:
- Groups must no longer actively contribute to the game.
- A nomination should be made on Category talk:Historical Groups.
- Voting will last for exactly two weeks following nomination. To be successful, a group must be approved by 2/3 of eligible voters to pass. A minimum of 15 votes must be cast for the vote to be valid. The only allowable votes are Yes and No
- Groups that pass will be added to the category as described below.
- Groups must allow a week to pass between nominations.
- Groups must allow 4 months in between when the group disbands and when they can be nominated for Historical Status. (Note: Only for Malton-based groups)
To add a group to this category, simply addto the top of its page. No other formatting is necessary, and you do not need to manually add the category link.
For more detailed information on the groups of the game please see Group Statistics.
The official statistics page only lists groups with 10 or more active members, i.e players who performed an action in the last 5 days. According to this data there have been exactly 1,100 groups that have had at least 10 members at one point in time. Many of these were short lived groups but there are several groups which have continued to play since the game began in 2005. This figure must be close to the true number of total groups because this wiki has 1,542 group related pages.
The Ridleybank Resistance Front (RRF) is (as of 23rd January 2023) the only group which has never fallen below 10 active members, making it the oldest active group in the game.
The Dead hold the record for largest amount of members on a single date, 1,751 members on 1/5/2011. According to the server manager The Dead have a total group size of 7,266 if you take into account inactive players, a statistic that cannot be seen by regular players.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Historical Groups"
The following 68 pages are in this category, out of 68 total.