The leading survivor group that fought for humanity in a gruelling battle against the urban dead of Malton.
The Greatest survivor group in all of Malton's history.
In September 2012, Malton's active population dropped beneath 10,000. Zombies had never again ruled the city. The Fortress had achieved its primary mission.
Five Fortresses were predicted in Malton...
- Fortress One, reclaimed in 2007, gave host to a legendary 24 hour Vigilance party.
Fort Perryn - 2012 - The Infirmary: Over 24 hours, with 100+ zeds banging at the doors - not a single break in or death. Welcome to a Fortress Party! The area was vacated the following year.
- Fortress Five, after years of speculation and searching, was finally rumoured to have been discovered at the end of 2010 but this turned out to just be Lord Pitman's Machiavellian Game.
- Fortress Two, the historic site where defining anti-PK literature was drawn up (The Fortress was unique in that it successfully enforced a well-defined 'ignore' policy throughout its entire history, often under regular and intense pressure) was last staffed in 2012.
Its Elder Statesmen put down their pens and vanished into the easterly mists.
- And Fortress Three - where the enterprising roleplay group, the Society, forged a historic alliance with their mysterious long-term rival faction, the Shadow Wolves, for the overall benefit of the entire Fortress - was evacuated and returned to the locals.
- Fortress Four: The first stronghold of the greatest pro-survivor group that Malton had ever witnessed. Opened in August 2005, it was the historic centre of excellence, ethics and survivor education. It was at the forefront of the principal landmark moments that forged the very evolution of this city. Its foundations will stand to the very ends of time.
Hundreds of Legends and thousands of Fortress defenders came together to battle all the enemies, in all the suburbs, through all the ages of Malton. Through every age, The Fortress was the single strongest resistance in the fight to save Malton. It fought bitter rivals, the RRF and the Feral Undead through the years, it resisted the 1,912 zombie soldiers of The Dead as it marched through the city in 2011, although outnumbered 15 to 1. A debt that must never be forgotten. It resisted plagues of PK'ers and hosted outrageous parties: Street parties, siege parties, cheese parties and even cheeky soirees in darkest Ridleybank.
But that is not all. It maintained epic chains of zombie slaughter (once for a breathtaking six and a half days!) and repaired the deepest, most-forgotten suburbs (once a 276AP repair.) And it battled with the notorious Lord Pitman - evidenced to be the prime cause of the virus - and thwarted his many diabolical schemes. The Fortress shone in the darkest of places and faced the worst that Malton could throw at it, coming out ever stronger.
The Fortress's aim was to teach, to protect...and to prevail.
And for all of Malton to...
The Legend of The Fortress
In July 2005 a secret government outfit, known only as The Body, raided the home of Lord Pitman in Quarlesbank. The result was an unspeakable tragedy. Hordes of mutated zombie corpses swarmed the shocked investigation team. The Head fell first, and The Legs tried to escape but tripped over The Feet. The Ears couldn't believe his eyes, but The Eyes had heard them coming and ran. The zombies feasted eagerly upon their screaming victims. Pitman was given The Finger by his minions and The Nads was painfully crushed by an eye-watering blow.
Of the fifty man team that had entered Pitman Mansion, only two survived. The Ears and The Eyes fled in separate directions in an attempt to escape the madness. However the disease had spread and they soon found that Malton had been quarantined, trapping them inside, alone and helpless.
Eventually the Ears and the Eyes were reunited by a newcomer to Malton; a mysterious stranger who had sneaked through the military quarantine units bordering the City. He claimed to be the new Head and they believed him. They formed an alliance and planned to build Five Fortresses - strongholds of protection and command. Malton needed to be cleared of the zombie infestation and innocents needed to be saved.
|This User or Group supports PK Reporting. Don't let Player Killers get away with murder. Report them on the Rogues Gallery.