St. George's Hospital (Greentown)
From The Urban Dead Wiki
Last updated Sept. 2016
|St. George's Hospital
Greentown [31, 71]
A tall concrete building surrounded by a large paved plaza, its dark corridors leading through abandoned wards.
|Malton Hospitals Group|
|This hospital has been registered on the Malton Hospitals Group database, and can be guaranteed to have a doctor present.|
St. George's Hospital is the main campus building for Malton College of Medicine.
Malton College of Medicine's primary mission is to educate new survivors about how to stay alive in a post-apocalyptic world. MCM serves the medical needs of the Greentown/Brooksville/North & South Blythville area, educates MCM students, and provides an atmosphere of support and encouragement, all with a healthy dose of humor. Lectures are informative and humor-laced, taught by experienced survivors who enjoy working with new people. Questions are encouraged, practical application emphasized, and tests nonexistent. If you live, you pass. It's as simple as that.
MCM actively encourages newcomers to Malton to visit, and if they enjoy the congenial atmosphere, to stay while they train. We call out the names of the injured so that individuals without the Diagnosis skill know who to heal. We encourage questions and active interaction with others in the facility. If you need assistance or even just friends, St. George's is a good place for you. Cookies and coffee are available on the reception desk!
We encourage the healing of all survivors, regardless of status or group membership. Furthermore, heal everyone indiscriminately regardless of level.
Malton College of Medicine is a neutral zone - we heal everyone! Please see Policies and Standards below for more details.
Uniform Barricading Policy suggests that since the Hospital is an essential resource building. St. George's should be barricaded to Very Strongly Barricaded +2 (which means, barricade it up unto the point where it says "further barricading will prevent people from entering", and then stop so that people without free running can still enter). This level of barricades is to be strictly maintained unless the hospital is under siege, at which time the barricade level may increase to EHB. When siege conditions no longer exist, the barricade level is to return to VSB++ as soon as possible.
Policies and Standards
Please see the MCM policy page for more details!
- The faculty of Malton College of Medicine encourages asking questions!
- If you don't need the XP, call out the names of the injured so that new medics can heal them.
- Keep powered at all times.
- Keep at VS+2, for the benefit of those without free running.
- Keep zombies out. If they get in, and revival is not possible, kill them and dump all bodies outside.
- Repair damage whenever possible.
- Nobody is a low priority. Unless in serious conflict, heal indiscriminately. We're all in this together; the level one you save today could be the one to headshot the zombie chewing on your arm a few months down the road.
- If you have some AP to spare, make house calls!
- MCM is a neutral zone. No PKing, please.
- MCM is a neutral zone. No bounty collecting, please.
- The faculty of MCM reserves the right to expel problem individuals given sufficient warning and just cause. We hope to never have to expel anyone, but we still reserve the right to do so in extreme cases. PKing on MCM grounds, and thus violating our neutrality, will result in immediate expulsion.
- MCM teaches Combat Revives. See C.R.A.P. for an explanation of the reasoning behind this policy. Attacking zombies be warned: you will likely be CRed.
|Malton College of Medicine|
|This establishment and group is recognized as a Center of Learning, and is protected under the Centers of Learning Policy|
Nearby Tactical Resource Points
The nearest tactical resource points are:
- Nearest Mall is 5 blocks away to the southeast - Marven Mall at [28,76].
- Nearest NecroTech Building is 2 blocks away to the west - The Pippard Building at [29,72].
- Nearest Police Department is 3 blocks away to the east - Dixon Way Police Department at [34,71].
- Nearest Revive point is 1 block away to the southwest - Nicols Avenue at [30,72].
- Nearest Rot Revive Point is 2 blocks away to the southwest - The Pippard Building at [29,72].
Please archive all news postings after one month.
October 19 The battle is over. We have lost the hospital and the surrounding areas are crawling with zombies. "You are standing outside St George's Hospital, a tall concrete building surrounded by a large paved plaza. The windows are splashed with dried blood. The building's doors have been left wide open, and you can see that the interior of the building has been ruined." --Rent A Troop 07:41, 19 October 2011 (BST)
October 12 The hospital got breached today, didn't have a chance to get inside, at least 23 dead and no fewer then 7 zombies. Poor bastards. Felonious 16:55, 12 October 2011 (UCRF)
May 20 The zombies attacked the Hosp yesterday, there're 7 zeds inside and a ruined radio...a lot of blood in the floor...no survivors. - Faith 19:00, 20 May 2010 (UTC)
May 27 Got word from a friend that visited there today. St. George's is in Ruins she saw a few Rots outside but didn't go inside so unknown numbers inside be proceed with caution. Gallows32123
March 22 St. George is fine now. I don't know how long it's been like this but it's VSB, the generator is running, there are 91 people inside and the radio tuned to 28.73 frequency. --Teclo 02:10, 22 March 2009 (UTC)
February 4 St. George has fallen once again. 55 zombies inside, ruined, generator and radio both destroyed. - Makawa'o 01:17, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
November 16 Note that what the Undeadites have achieved (making MCM cade to EHB) is likely the only thing that they will accomplish while in the area. --Shank Case 05:51, 17 November 2008 (UTC)
- In late June 2011, MCM settled back into Greentown and St. George's Hospital after a whirlwind tour of Malton.
- On 2 May 2009, after a happy - and occasionally tumultuous - year in Greentown, MCM left St George's on a field trip around Malton, finally settling in Eastonwood.
- On May 1, 2008, Malton College of Medicine opened its doors at St George's Hospital.
- As of April 2008, 10 minutes from hell assumed sole responsibility for the care of St George's. 'We tip our hats in salute to those brave souls who paved the way. You are welcome should you desire to return.'
- St. George's was ruined when The Second Big Bash came through in late October of 2007. But less than a day later, 'cades were back up and power was restored, even while zombies still filled the streets.
St. George's in Greentown has historically been maintained by a number of different groups and unaffiliated survivors. Some of these groups include: