Keeping the balance. Even if the above article may seem opinionated,is actually a simple point of view expressed by someone who at first wished to play a zombie character to the fullest of it's extent only to find that the tides are somewhat unbalanced. A quick impression of Urban Dead is that it is Intense challenging and worth given the time;much of it to be credited to all those active Survivors Player-Killers Zombies and all the criss-crossed breeds in between. Thus,would have to recognize their merits for each & all sides of the barricades.
- Why being a concerned citizen?
- Simply because the whole lot seems to be lacking such a breed in times when suburbs are zombie infested to the fullest and survivors having a tough time overall. ( June 2013 )
- Have noticed and read quite a few wonderful profiles of survivors both in urban dead as well as here,on our Wiki. As impressive and wonderful as they may seem,zombies have the advantages of being well organized while running loose all across Malton with no one to pose the slightest threat to them.
- One particular highly dangerous group being Ridleybank Resistance Front,which despite their well thought name implying anything else but chaos,that is actually their game on urban dead-killing anyone and anything standing in their path,ravaging buildings and having a great time on the expense of other player's misery even if polite about it.
- Well,all this is most wonderful and spectacular as they roam with zombie/spy/sabotage gangs or loners;I'm all f or having fun,helping all getting a fair share of XP,leveling;the key word being ALL,as per general-which is not the case when it comes to the RRF spreading havok murdering all,regardless.
This also represents a huge unbalancing and poses a serious threat to any new player's game.
Looking forward to working side by side and collaborating with any people or groups interested to maintain somewhat of a balance and equilibrium in UD's city of horror-Malton.
3rd of June 2013 Reports on a hospital and barricading plan views
- "Here is my updated report for anyone that might read to find it of good use. Barricade status : Extremely Heavy - should attack barricades lowering them to Very Strongly Barricaded allowing access for survivors and citizens seeking refugee cures & F.A.Ks.
Currently,there is one zombie lurking outside,in search for weak prey to munch upon - approach with caution." Concerned Citizen shares bits of his concernful knowledge accumulated through trials errors & hardship facing the hordes:
- "Zombies will most likely group or scout tactical buildings such as Hospitals where injured,infected people may happen to pass & be easy prey;especially if the barricade level is above Very Strongly,which will restrict entering the building directly.
Other means of gaining access to buildings that are above VSB is having the Free Running skill. CAUTION : one still has to first find and enter a building at VS barricade level;only then may benefit from the above mentioned skill,passing from one building to another.
- BUT : clicking on any other than a building (monument,road/alley/boulevard/plaza,wasteland) will get you out in the open
ALSO : if you happen to try and use F.R. to cross from one building you are in to another that has been ransacked destroyed ruined by anyone or anything out there,you will get a message saying your way is blocked & end up outside of the location you've selected to go to.
- My own 2c on barricades is that most of the barricade plans are outdated overrated,many buildings would necessitate updates.
A good simple use of the barricades benefiting survivors would be having ALL buildings with active survivors,taking care of them,set to Very Strongly Barricaded allowing all humanoid life forms to seek shelter,easily traveling around and about;each suburb may have their citizens holding up a few key buildings:at least one of each:
- hospital,NecroTech for revival,Police Station ,Factory,Armory,Tower with running antennas,etc.
Of course,if any survivors in or out the respective building should meddle with the VSB barricade in any way,that individual may be questioned...
- zombie groups & their supporters have a habit of either crushing barricades or raising their level so high rendering the buildings useless either for entering or leaving them.
Nasty,eh?Well,that's what I'd like to report after watching quite a lot of buildings around Malton and seeing which strategy is plaid;there is need for balancing and better organisation.
- One last though - any other buildings that would not be in use by several active survivors,should be barricaded to the highest level possible or left in ruin - zombies have no use of ruined buildings except for sleeping in them,but that's about it."
EDIT : VSB is the best strongest barricade level that still allows access to survivors.
Glad I've started being active on the wiki since I've noticed there are quite a few others very active and involved too,which could only joy a fellow UD player knowing that there is a share in effort and we're actually not alone out there-which,at times,one may be under that impression due to the intense survival nature of the game itself. Concerned I am : Malton's map is entirely inaccurate. I understand the urge and need for all zombies to keep as many areas looking safe so to catch people off guard;but this does not reflect the actual real status. Please,if you could share,how to find and what exactly would I have to access to see who is editing the danger levels for suburbs. I've been scouting several suburbs and all of them so far have at least 20= zombies roaming around and about which constitutes a perfectly reasonable 'moderately dangerous' status.
Thanking you in advance, Concerned'Citizen 04:57, 5 June 2013 (BST)