Pitneybank [87, 49]
The bank first floor has broken counters and chairs all over the ground. Several gaping holes have been dug into the floor of the building. Long abandoned digging equipment with faded NecroTech logos sit rusting in the lobby. A few semi-intact offices remain, however, most of the walls have been severly damaged. At the back of the main room is the vault. The vault's massive round door is so badly damaged that it cannot close anymore. On the second floor there are empty rooms. Some are now used for sleeping and are equiped with improvised beds. --Ken StArnaud 20:53, 12 March 2008 (UTC)
Humans and zombies alike will see the following (permanent) description when standing outside the building:
"You are standing outside Muirhead Bank, a four-storey yellow-stone building."
Such a description is always followed by a report of the building's condition (e.g. the level of its barricades), but since that report is never permanent and always subject to change, it is redundant to include it here as well.
Eulexius Muirhead came to Malton in the mid 1890s and after a series of lucrative business ventures he began looking for a suitible parcel of land upon which to found a new bank. After much deliberation he finally settled on a site next door to the Lowther Building and purchased the burned out shell of the of the Rostron Medical Research Facility in 1899. Ever the penny pincher, Eulexius had his new bank constructed upon the foundations of the previous building. The bank initially had financial troubles, but it hit its full stride when it offered it's services to the cigar workers of the Lowther Premium Cigar works next door. Working together with the tight knit Pitneybank community, the Muirhead Bank flourished. The fortunes of the bank ebbed and flowed with the fortunes of Pitneybank from then on.
The Bank remained in the Muirhead family up until just prior to the outbreak in Malton when it was seized by Government Order and placed under the control of the fledgling NecroTech organization. NecroTech conducted a breif search of the bank foundations for any possible evidence of Medical Research conducted by Dr. Trevor Rostron of the Rostron Medical Research Facility. Their search was fruitless and did little more than tear great holes in beautifully tiled floors of the Bank. These holes can still be seen today, as well as some discarded and useless NecroTech equipment abandoned on the job site. --Dr Emilio Lizardo 01:28, 20 March 2008 (UTC)
- January 5th, 2008: The building is currently safe and light is on. Some dudes maxed the barricades and Somebody has spraypainted The Base of The Army of Hyrule onto a wall. --Ken StArnaud 00:12, 6 January 2009 (UTC)
- March 12th, 2008: Ruined with 5 zombies inside and 1 outside.
- March 5th, 2008: Everything is okay for now, back to VSB++. No zed inside and 2 outside. -- Ken StArnaud 18:56, 5 March 2008 (UTC)
- March 4th, 2008: The building has fallen, 4 zombies outside and one inside. Everything is thorn appart, the rooms have been crushed. -- Ken StArnaud 03:27, 5 March 2008 (UTC)
- February 26th, 2008: Barricades are back (VSB++) and the interrior is clear, some debris but still in good shape. -- Ken StArnaud 00:38, 27 February 2008 (UTC)
- February 23rd, 2008: Barricades are down and doors closed at the moment, one survivor inside along with 3 zombies. He was in a bad shape but i healed him a bit and cured his infection. Two more undead were outside the bank. -- Ken StArnaud 02:53, 24 February 2008 (UTC)
|This page, Muirhead Bank, is a locations stub. Please help us to improve the wiki by contributing to this page. Be sure the following information is added to the page: coordinates, suburb, 9 block map (or 16 block map for large buildings), description, barricading policy, and history. Please refer to the Location Style Guide.