The Barber Building
|The Barber Building|
|the Barber Building
A large office building, built in primarily yellow brick and with a marble entrance.
The current office building was built on where a 19th century barbershop, hence its name. It was constructed in 1924, originally used by the local administration.
In 1978 the Barber Building was sold, in an attempt to make ends meet after a minor financial crisis hit the area, to a private company - Fittingly enough named Barbed Incorporated. The company had during the late 60's specialized in manufacturing barbed wire, and other similar products. For the purpose of this, a scrapyard and a small factory were constructed nearby.
Business was going far better than expected. The company expanded so quickly, that it was forced to buy the library and use it to store the vast amounts of documents that was accumulated. During the 80's, the company had become the largest manufacturer of barbed wire in the UK, supplying most of England.
Things changed quickly, of course, in 2005 when the Malton Incident took place. The once thriving building was abandoned, and has since only been used every now and then.
In accordance with the Owsleybank Barricade Plan, the building is to be Exremely Heavily Barricaded.