The Forst Building
|The Forst Building|
"... the Forst Building is being held ..."
|the Forst Building
Williamsville [30, 96]
The NecroTech logo glows gently above the front desk, and doors open onto a number of brightly-lit laboratories and computer rooms.
Description & History
The Forst Building is a NecroTech facility located in the suburb of Williamsville. This facility is one of three NecroTech facilities found in the suburb. The Forst Building started as a bioscience laboratory in the 1920s, when a Doctor Frank Steiner moved to the rural Outer Malton community of Williamsville from his home town of Forst, Altenkirchen. Dr. Steiner had apparently been forced to emigrate from his native land by accusations of gross professional misconduct and manslaughter. He established the Forst Centre for research of the body here and the enterprise ran successfully for approximately 20 years, until Dr. Steiner and 3 assistants were brutally murdered one night in the lab. The official investigation found it was a frenzied attack perpetrated by a single man, using only his own sharpened fingernails. This individual was never caught.
After Dr. Steiner's death in 1942 the Forst Centre and all Dr. Steiner's equipment, specimens and documents were purchased by a cooperative of Malton scientists formed especially - the new group was called the "Forst Physiological Society of Malton" (FPSM). The FPSM continued the previous owner's policy of secrecy, keeping all details of the research carried out strictly under wraps - an impressive feat, considering the wartime atmosphere of paranoia on the part of the authorities and public. However, this was broken when a leak made from within the FPSM to the Malton Police Department in 1955 revealed that the Society had foregone the formality of obtaining an Anatomy License under the 1832 Anatomy Act, and was practicing the heinous crime of bodysnatching - illegally exhuming fresh graves from the cemetery of St. Cyprian's Church nearby and using the cadavers as the subjects of physiological research. After lengthy criminal proceedings, all 7 directors and 21 researchers of the Society were convicted of conspiracy and given long prison sentences and fines. The FSPM was officially disbanded, and by 1960 all its assets had been sold in auction.
The building and its laboratories were bought by the highly eccentric Dr. Hailey Forster, amateur biologist and heiress to the Forster Chemicals company. Famously, when asked what about Forst appealed to her, she replied "It was named after me!" Dr. Forster never used the building's facilities for serious research, instead treating the place as a kind of bachelor pad for Life Science nerds such as herself - often inviting crowds of biology students over to party long into the night. It was one of these raves getting out of hand that led to the destruction of Dr. Steiner's original building. One morning in 1967 a call was made to the emergency services from a house on Seward Boulevard nearby. The resident reported hearing the normal sounds of wild partying from the Forst Building earlier that evening, but now unearthly groans and screams were being emitted. An MPD officer was dispatched, and found Dr. Forster and 8 young friends all dead. After being in the room for just a few seconds, the officer suddenly felt very weak and tired - he realised that the area was full of poisonous fumes.
The killer gasses came from a formerly sealed bottle that someone had knocked over and broken, apparently by mistake. The identity of the compound remains classified by the authorities, as it was found to be more toxic than any of the most potent chemical weapons known at the time. The entire building and surrounding blocks were made the subject of an extremely intense decontamination operation, in which the Forst building itself was totally demolished. The block was a wasteland for many years until the NecroTech Corporation built the "new" Forst Building here in 1998, with multiple floors of offices and state-of-the-art computers and laboratories.
In more recent times members of project NecroWatch renovated the facility in recent months, as they installed sensor eyes for A.L.I.C.E. throughout the building and uploaded NecroNet 2.0 into the facility's system terminals.
For many reasons, Forst is the subject of great mystery and speculation thereupon. Every one of the owners has been highly secretive about all details of the scientific work conducted here and, with the exception of Dr. Forster, prohibited unauthorised exploration of the Building.
Why NecroTech saw fit to build a bioscience laboratory on this spot seems an odd coincidence, especially when one notices that there were other empty blocks nearby that would have made more suitable locations. It has been suggested on many websites and in magazines that Dr. Steiner’s catacombs have survived undetected by the authorities and this is where the most secret and sinister experiments were (and perhaps still are) carried out. This raises the question of how the military could possibly have missed this when they deconstructed the building in 1967.
A private investigation by one of these publications traced the logbook of Dr. Steiner throughout the twentieth century: It passed first into the hands of the FPSM in 1942, then after their downfall was bought in 1958 by Forster Chemicals – owned at the time by the father of Dr. Forster who purchased the Building. Forster Chemicals went out of business after the 1987 stock market crash, and the book was sold at auction again – this time to a private collection. In 1999, only 6 months after the new Forst Building was completed, the book itself was stolen in an extremely sophisticated burglary – no other items were taken.
NecroTech staff continue to follow directive 42-A, issued by the head office on January 19th 2006, with the activation and manufacture of MK-II revivification syringes. While the cost in time and effort are currently high the certainty provided by being able to manufacture a constant stream of syringes has mitigated early concerns.
The activation of NecroNet with all NecroTech buildings has also allowed scientists to apply the DNA tracking research they have gathered to date. The field research staff stationed at the Forst Building feel certain that they can crack the mystery surrounding the spread of the virus as well as help monitor aberrant zombie activity within Williamsville.
This building should be Very Strongly (VS+2) barricaded at all times. This is in accordance with the Williamsville Barricade Plan set forth by local survivors, who routinely monitor the barricade level for this building. This building is meant to serve as a safehouse for Malton's veteran survivors, and thus requires the Free Running skill to be properly utilized. Survivors who find the building's barricades below their assigned level are asked to assist in raising them back up in order to help ensure the safety of all the survivors staying inside the building. Any survivor found lowering the barricades may be directly "put to the question" by any survivors present at that time. If this happens the accused survivor must present a valid reason for their actions or be labeled a zombie spy/death cultist and be judged accordingly.
Zombie tracking reports are a free service provided by the NecroTech corporation to all its staff and local survivors in order to help facilitate quicker response times when managing zombie threats and to build a greater awareness of zombie migration patterns within the 9x9 block region around the Forst Building. As a cautious reminder, only those zombies tagged with the DNA Extractor will appear on these scans, so actual numbers may vary when dealing with older zombies (i.e. Brain Rot).
September 2011 Caded and lit. Swordsmith04 20:28, 30 September 2011 (BST)
November 2009 There are 4 survivors inside. Barricades at VSB and Powered.--RoyKirk 18:50, 7 November 2009 (BST)
May 19th, 2009 You are inside the Forst Building. The NecroTech logo glows gently above the front desk, and doors open onto a number of brightly-lit laboratories and computer rooms. The building has been extremely heavily barricaded. Also here are Tim Jarry (60HP), ANowak (25HP), CarrionQueen (60HP), Dick Ramirez (60HP) and NovaeDeArx (60HP).A portable generator has been set up here. It is running.Somebody has spraypainted Keep this NT building at VSB onto a wall.--Dr Mycroft Chris 03:25, 19 May 2009 (BST)
May 5th, 2009 Building ruined, several zombies inside, bodies outside -- Gaelic Legandia 00:45, 5 May 2009 (BST)