Soldiers of Crossman - Talk Page.
|Feel free to sit back, shoot the breeze, or ask questions of us. Several of our members check this page frequently, so you should have a prompt reply. Alternatively, if you'd like to talk in private, our forum can offer you a level of discretion not possible here. We also maintain talk page archives for 2009 and 2010. We're still active as of 2023, but we haven't archived after that.
|This group was confirmed active. Thank you for your reply.
Any response here will be enough, but please list suburbs you're actually active in. This is a generic message and not directed at any particular group.--GANG Giles Sednik CAPD 18:49, 22 January 2011 (UTC)
- You can put us down for Gatcombeton, Chudleyton, Darvall Heights, Eastonwood, East Becktown, Judgewood, Shuttlebank, and Roywood. Those really are all places that we frequent, and I was actually tempted to list some more that we're not listed in, but I think I'll hold off. So, basically, if you took NW-1 duty, we're active in all of your suburbs. :P —Aichon (SoC)— 19:19, 22 January 2011 (UTC)
- Thank you for the prompt reply sir.--GANG Giles Sednik CAPD 19:28, 22 January 2011 (UTC)
Hey, I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section or anything, I don't mean to vandalise, I am here on behalf of the Zombie Eradication Alliance, a newly formed survivor group. We propose an alliance. Advantages of allying with us would be advanced information sharing, the more the merrier!, Also, we will also be allying with one of the major big league survivor groups soon, a group I was once part of, who have already said they will ally with us, leave a reply here, or on our membership requests on our page : http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Zombie_Eradication_Alliance —The preceding unsigned comment was added by CynicalGorilla (talk • contribs) at an unknown time.
- I'll make sure our officers and ambassador get a look at this. You may also want to contact us on our forums. You can find a link from the bar at the top. —Aichon (SoC)— 02:47, 6 March 2011 (UTC)
- Although the offer is intriguing, we're afraid we cannot accept your offer at this time. If you wish to continue this discussion, by all means hop onto our forum (as Aichon just said) and our ambassador will be able to speak with you in greater depth. Shadok T Balance is power 21:05, 7 March 2011 (UTC)
Possible SoC impersonator
Hello Crossmen, I'm currently with the DHPD Legal Department. A guy named EMPMARKUS was just observed PKing one of our officers in Caiger Mall, and he has SoC as his group tag. From the circumstances, I'd assume he is an impersonator, but I thought I'd give you an opportunity to clear this up in case I'm wrong before I put him on our Baddie list. --CptFastbreak 22:12, 2 April 2011 (BST)
- I'll confirm that we have no EMPMARKUS on our payroll. He's indeed an impostor. We'd never PK without good reason and especially not one of our ally's officers. If you see him again, he's free game. Shadok T Balance is power 23:27, 2 April 2011 (BST)
- Thanks for clarifying and for the quick response. --CptFastbreak 01:42, 3 April 2011 (BST)
Please read this asap
Screw the Dead —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Mayor MC Cheese (talk • contribs) at an unknown time.
Want to help Calvert Mall?
Hi SoC. My survivor is currently based around the SE corner of quarlesbank and I've noticed from trawling the wiki & ingame activity that Mall Tour '11 has designated calvert as its next target. Since you operate in the NW I thought you could help defend the mall. I just thought it was a bit of a pity that Mall Tour '11 should have effectively no resistance when taking down all its previous targets - its a fine way to make zombies bored and leave the game, in my opinion. Please tell me what you think. Oh and please tell me if I broke some taken-for-granted editing rule here, I just created an account on the wiki. 45wasd 13:05, 26 October 2011 (BST)
- You didn't break any rules or etiquette. I'll make sure the Officers see your message, though I think the bulk of our group is otherwise occupied, and Calvert tends to be a bit of a lower priority for us. —Aichon (SoC)— 05:37, 27 October 2011 (BST)
Gatcombeton Barricade Plan
I got no idea if NWN is still active but I know you guys are. Since you are active in Gat, thought you might want to voice your opinions, about the purposed barricade plan changes. -- Org XIII Alts 02:06, 16 November 2012 (UTC)
Great Suburb Group Massacre 2013
I'm a volunteer helping to do some janitorial work on the suburb pages of the wiki. As part of that, we're double-checking in which suburbs each group is active. Currently, you're listed in one or more suburbs, in addition to using a radio frequency. If you would like to continue being listed, then please respond within the next month with the radio frequency you are using and a list of every suburb where you are currently active. If we don't hear back from you or we can't get the information we need, we'll be removing you from the lists, but you're welcome to re-add yourself later. If you have any questions, feel free to visit our informational page. Thanks. -- FoD PK Praise Rando! 13:18, 25 October 2013 (BST)
- We're active in the NW-1 district (Darvall Heights, Gatcombeton, East Becktown, Chudleyton, and Eastonwood), Judgewood, and on 26.43. You can unlist us from Roywood and Shuttlebank, since we haven't had a presence in either for awhile. —Aichon (SoC)— 16:07, 25 October 2013 (BST)
- Done. --VVV RPGMBCWS 02:24, 26 October 2013 (BST)
Problem registering on the forum
I had a bit of a difficult time registering on the forums, trying to apply for recruitment for one of my characters. The CAPTCHA failed on me each time saying "You have incorrectly sorted the items to the correct list of the confirmation question.", I am pretty sure I got them right, until it told me I hit the max attempts for a while. Has anybody ever had this issue before? Could it be a browser compatibility issue? I am using IceWeasel version 20.0, also would Adblock interrupt registration? I only realized this after the fact, and will retry in 12 hours with that disabled, and Chromium browser failing that. Thank you. --Wez 05:56, 29 January 2014 (UTC)
- I've never heard of anyone having that difficulty before. We actually switched to this system from another form of CAPTCHA, since by the time we got it hard enough to keep the spam bots out, no one else could reliably read it either. Anyway, I just created a new account in the latest public release of Chrome, so it does seem as if it may be a browser/extension/add-on/userscript issue of some sort on your end. Since I'm guessing the 12-hour lockout is cookie-based, you could probably switch browsers and try again without waiting. Just so I can double check though, do you remember which question you were given? —Aichon (SoC)— 19:25, 29 January 2014 (UTC)
- Well it worked this time, sorry for the false alarm. I can chalk this one up to voodoo or a bad connection (kept dropping and reconnecting). Thanks for the quick response though. --Wez 15:39, 30 January 2014 (UTC)
Will be active in Chudleyton
Hey, just wanted to give a heads up that I'm moving into Chudleyton within a couple of days to try and help repair the place. Not sure if you guys are already doing that but thought i would head in there and help out *shrug*. Any info I can get about the suburb would be greatly appreciated, zombie numbers mostly so I know what im getting myself into. If you know an active Revive Point in the area, that would be nice as well and any assistance you might be willing to offer, whether its in the form of one member just helping out or a group of people helping to fix the suburb, is also greatly appreciated.
Not doing this as part of a group or publicity for a group, just looking to settle down in a relativly "safe" area of Malton while getting back into the game. Feel free to contact me with any info you can provide to help. --Virulas 13:44, 29 May 2014 (UTC)
- I'm afraid I don't have any specific intel right now, since we've been away from home for a few months. Nurten Avenue, 1S from Crossman Grove PD (which is just across the border into Darvall from Chudleyton) is usually good for revives. Chudleyton has a tendency, at least in my mind, to get a bit neglected, simply because there isn't much there and the stuff that is there is pretty disconnected from each other. —Aichon (SoC)— 15:47, 29 May 2014 (UTC)
- while I'm active in Chudleyton is it alright if I am in contact with your group or work with some? not sure what I'm heading into so would be nice to have some backup. I dont expect to hold all of Chudleyton solo but I'm gonna focus my efforts on 2 sections I have deemed important enough to at least breathe some life back into the suburb --Virulas 23:53, 29 May 2014 (UTC)
- You're welcome to work with us or hit us up for help, though I can't promise anything at the moment, since as I said, our main force is away from home right now. We should still have a few members who stick around at home though, and the folks in Crossman PD are typically of the friendly sort, so you should be able to ask them for help as well. —Aichon (SoC)— 01:04, 30 May 2014 (UTC)
- Alright thats good to know! Thanks for everything man, good luck and happy surviving! --Virulas 01:16, 30 May 2014 (UTC)
Roftwood Block Party
I'd like to formally invite the SoC to participate in the Block Party scheduled for July 15 until August 15, 2014 in Roftwood. The event is open to everyone, where we will try to relive the glory days of UD and bring as many people together as possible to have an enjoyable time. This page will give you the run down, but there aren't really any specific goals other than fun. As a group, we hope the event will provide a recruiting opportunity, as well as, some excitement for your current members. If you have any questions, feel free to ask on the event talk page or on my talk page. Thanks! --K 17:28, 13 June 2014 (UTC)
Rot Revive at Peet?
Is The Peet Building still being operated as a rot revive clinic? Trying to do some janitorial work on some of these pages. -- Jen T | SFHNAS | PK 11:02, 14 August 2014 (UTC)
- I just checked on it, and it's both EHB and unstaffed, so I doubt it's being used as a rot revive still. Thanks for the work you're doing around the wiki, by the way. We really appreciate it! —Aichon (SoC)— 16:18, 14 August 2014 (UTC)
- Thanks! I'll probably taper off wiki activity pretty soon, as RL is getting crazy. But hoping to at least keep some basic updates to stuff going. (I REALLY REALLY REALLY want Rooster's EMRP bot. SO BADLY. I know there's no way I can keep updating all of that manually). -- Jen T | SFHNAS | PK 19:17, 14 August 2014 (UTC)
Non-Members OK on IRC?
Hey SoC! With the current goings-on around Caiger-Latrobe, I was wondering if it's ok for survivors in the area (i.e. me) to be on your IRC room (which I believe is #soc on nexuswar?). Would make it easier to report/coordinate, etc. Thanks! Bob Moncrief EBD•W! 17:29, 23 August 2015 (UTC)
- Non-members are very welcome in our IRC, though it's been rather inactive recently, given that I only check it when at home and that I've been a bit busy at home these last few months. Our forum tends to be where most our activity is going on. Either that, or in-game. —Aichon— 18:00, 24 August 2015 (UTC)
- Ok! A moot point at the moment as I'm dead, but if I happen to get a revive I'll hop on. Bob Moncrief EBD•W! 19:10, 24 August 2015 (UTC)
You forgot your gift basket when you left the party, it contained this nice Template:
EBD Stat Party 2016
| The Soldiers of Crossman took part in the EDB Stat Party 2016 and probably doesn't remember a thing.
PB&J 12:00, 19 July 2016 (UTC)
names tess strider and im entirely new here
i still dont have a good idea of the map but im definitely going to be ready and willing to help
listen help me get that precious experience
i'm in lockettside's northwest corner hanging around tompson mall and st. alexanders hospital with at least a dozen other survivors
i'll make my way up into your territory much as i can whilst still helping these (mostly unaffiliated) survivors --the strider fam survivor (talk) 17:41, 5 January 2019 (UTC)
Reclaim Crossman Grove Police Dept
Anybody want to team up to reclaim Crossman Grove Police Dept? I am willing to repair the building and need some extra hands to help clear and barricade the structure.
You are in Crossman Grove Police Dept. The building has been completely ransacked, and has fallen into ruin. Mould and fungus bloom across the crumbling walls, and the building's fittings are buried beneath dust and fallen plaster. Splashes and prints of blood have dried on the walls. The doors to the street have been left wide open.
--wez 03:33, 30 May 2020 (UTC)
- This is my bad dude if you are still around or can use a different platform, discord is where we coordinate for the most part these days.
- Clayton Carmine (talk) 03:29, 11 September 2020 (UTC)
Discord Invite Invalid
Could someone help provide a new Discord invite link, the one in the SoC page header says "This invite may be expired, or you might not have permission to join." This support page lists a couple of reasons this may happen. Thanks! --wez 06:19, 6 November 2022 (UTC)
- I'm not much of a Discordian (or whatever Discord users call themselves), but I've updated the link at the top with what should be a working invite. —Aichon (SoC)— 20:23, 7 November 2022 (UTC)
- Five TONS of flax. ᚱᛁᚹᛖᚾᚨᚾᛏ |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 23:11, 7 November 2022 (UTC)
- Of course. I knew that term sounded familiar as I typed it, but it's been awhile since I've had you around regularly, so it didn't immediately come to mind. —Aichon— 23:21, 7 November 2022 (UTC)
- Hey, it looks like the discord link is invalid again, are you guys still active? -- QuileyRinn 03:08 25 August 2023 (UTC)
- Updated. Please try again, and we apologize for the inconvenience. —Aichon (SoC)— 14:40, 25 August 2023 (UTC)