This is my friendly, pro-survivor character, and the account with which I joined the game after watching "I Am Legend" and feeling the need for a quick zombie fix. After messing around with the profile description for a couple of years, I finally settled on the following:
"He has a cop-style mustache and a hairy chest. Unfortunately you don't notice either, since you find it impossible to take your eyes off his package."
He eats donuts and shits bullets, while aspiring to embody civility and 70s sleaze. Though he's been known to have the occasional drunken binge around the holidays, for the most part I don't role-play the character with any unusual traits.
- Arrived in Malton in late 2007, in the suburb of Molebank
- Survived an attempted PKing his first night in the city
- Moved to Foulkes Village
- Joined CAPD
- Died for the first time on March 15th, 2008 in Mack Auto Repair in Grigg Heights
- Promoted to Senior Officer sometime in Dec 2008?
- Became Captain of CAPD on Jan 23, 2010, as part of the new rotating leadership.
- Will never purchased ransack.
Gyles Zednik is my vengeful, pro-zombie character. He has stumbled around Malton living the good life of a feral, but has spontaneously worn the tags of a number of zombie groups including the Ferals and St. Ferreol's. He generally abides by a variant of the Salt The Land Policy, whereby he attempts to end every turn inside a ruined TRC.
Gyles is currently a member of the Hildebrand Horde, a zombie group that formed spontaneously in game, with no communication other than death rattle.
When revived, he'll take the opportunity to reload on ammo and shoot the nearest survivor who hasn't purchased ankle grab. After that, he will stay in the area and smash generators until someone decides to take him out.
Zednik also keeps an organized screenshot catalog of all players who have ever combat revived him. These players are marked purple in his contact list, for expedited extermination (the in-game justification is that he uses tattoos to remember revivers). It's surprising how often random shambling will bring Gyles into contact with someone who revived him months ago in a different part of the city.
Some notes of interest:
- Created 2009-06-11, after a comment on developing suggestions made me realize the hypocrisy of neglecting half of the game.
- Doesn't have Brain Rot, Flesh Rot or Crotch Rot.
- Gyles Zednik has no relation to Giles Sednik, despite the obvious similarity in names.
- Will never purchase construction.
I've become steadily more involved in the wiki. Here are some of the things I'm most proud of.
- Authored some articles: civility, C.R.A.P., S W A Stuff,
- Wrote a number of histories for location pages. Some of my favorites are: a Junkyard, a Wasteland, a monument, and Nickells Grove
- I'm still working on finishing all of Foulkes Village. Much thanks to Mallrat for his wonderfully descriptive and imaginative fictions.
- Unmerged over 80% of Stanbury Village and over 50% of Dunnell Hills. Stanbury will always hold a special place in my heart now :)
- Sorted and re-categorized thousands of location images into specific categories, now viewable here. My thanks to everyone in the wiki who jumped on board to help with the very tedious work of essentially "unmerging" the sorted images by removing the general category tag.
- Proposed a couple of policies with the help of community discussion, that ultimately passed and resulted in the creation of De-Escalations. My thanks to everyone's constructive input.
I also check in just about every day to see if anything interesting is going on. I'll usually read the drama centers and weigh-in wherever a vote is required.