This page is for the listing of links to sites outside of Urban Dead and The Urban Dead Wiki deemed useful and/or relevant to Urban Dead players.
For links that will help players actually play the game, such as the map or firefox extensions, put them in In Game Resources. For links to sites about Urban Dead or to similar games, place them under Other.
In Game Resources
- Witness Systems:
DSS Map of Malton(Link Down)
- Map of Malton (aypok)
- Malton Meta Tactical Map  - allows highlighting of different building types and other features.
- Malton Map viewer - A standalone program. (NOTE: Download links are down)
Zombie Speech Translators
Urban Dead Forums/IRC Channels
Out of Game Links
Useful Urban Dead Links
Urban Dead Yahoo! Group
Note: These are now overcome with spam, and the wiki fills their role. They remain here for historical interest, especially for the conversations early on in UD's life.
Entries in Other Wikis
NOTICE: With the release of Firefox 3, most of these plug-ins will no longer work until the creators update them. For those who still want to use Firefox 3, there are ways to allow these extensions to install. However, doing so may pose security risks on your browser, and it is entirely the user's responsibility whether or not to proceed in installing these extensions in FF3.
If you wish to continue using an extension, there are several options:
- Keep using Firefox 2.
- Install the Nightly Tester Tools extension, which lets you override compatibility for individual extensions.
- Firefox 3 compatible extensions - unofficial updates to several extensions.
UDBrain Extension- Uses a MySQL database to track the barricade status of all buildings in Malton. Users will see the abbreviated barricade report of all buildings in the database printed on their map, and will automatically submit barricade reports of all buildings they visit to the database. This database can be viewed in its entirety at on the UDbrain website, making it very easy to figure out what buildings likely contain recently active survivors whose players use this extension. (NOTE: Requires a version check override such as Add-on Compatibility Reporter to function.) NOTE: UDBrain is offline according to a note on the website: UDBrain has been taken offline. I recently upgraded my website to a new layout and backend, and rewriting UDBrain would be too much work with too little gain. UD AutomapperAutomatically maps Urban Dead - made for the mapping of Monroeville - to install, allow ud.malton.info to install add ons - the mapupdates every five minutes from its data. (Link Down) z-udtoolModified version of UDTool that adds various, mostly zombie, features such as player list reorganization and quick attack buttons in addition to everything UDTool has. No longer updated. Only works on firefox 0.9 -> 1.16 (Link Down)
- Urban Dead Toolbar Want to get the most out of Urban Dead? Offers a graphical mini-map and inventory, quick menus for fast attacks, a DEM revive request tool, and a toolbar with many useful links for the game.
- Urban Dead Homing Beacon Lets you know how far it is back to your home base, and calculates the AP you need to return.
PeekoFeature Rich and stable software for chatting to people on the same site as you. (Link Down) Urban Dead Centered Map(Link Down)
|Unofficial UD Forums • Urban Dead IRC Channels • Firefox Extensions|
Zombie Speech Translators • Related Games
Firefox Search Engines
- Profiles.urbandead.net Search Engine for Firefox. Click on the Profiles.urbandead.net link (just after the green icon) to install. Accepts wildcards (*) as allowed by the profiles database and returns a list of any matching names.
- UI Enhancement This adds enhancements to the UD user interface, such as links from wiki of suburb and building/area location (general locations redirect to general information especially on junkyards, warehouses, and factories), time to AP recovery, see barricade levels on buildings you visited either inside or outside, know the location where you are sleeping, and random colors on tagged buildings/locations. Screenshot Screenshot Screenshot
Actions and Inventory
- Dumbwit Button This adds a Dumwit button in the Actions section for quick screenshots. screenshot
- Broken in Chrome; only opens blank tab.
- UDInventory A simple, no-frills inventory and search compactor. Combines weapons, ammo, FAKs, syringes, fuel cans, and mall search options. Screenshot - Works in both GreaseMonkey (Firefox) and Chrome
- UD Speech Combiner - Enlarges the speech input box and combines it with graffiti and broadcast boxes.
- UrbanDead BiggerSpeechBox – Enlarges the speech, graffiti, and broadcast input boxes to more useful sizes. Basically obsoleted by UD Speech Combiner, but some people prefer it.
- Urban Dead HUD Adds access keys for actions and inventory, adds a long-distance map, and tracks distances to the places you specify.
- Doesn't seem to work on 126.96.36.199
- Show nav redesign (Redesign of the original script changing only the looks to fit the style of the game). Show navigation in the game. This shows a small map of your suburb and of the world, with important buildings coloured. See screenshot. No XPI available. I did not make this script - if the author of the above script opposes to this being uploaded, please remove this! (I couldn't manage to contact the original author.)
- I am the author, I have started working on this again, please contact me, torbjorn.lindahl at g mail dot com
- Will not work with Show Misses GM script.
- Crashes Firefox when used with z-udtool (Which is a shame, cos its a nice script)
- Still suffers from the bug from above script, showing you as in another building near map edges
- UD Revive Radar shows distance to nearest 3 (or more) publicly-noted revivification points (more info) (Note: revive point list in the script is out of date)
Profiles and Characters
- chud Grabs all survivors on the current map cell that need healing and compiles them into a list. Clicking on names in this list will attempt to use a first-aid kit on the specified player. Requires Diagnosis. (Now updated to work after the July 09 UD update, including additional enhancements) Screenshot.
- DSS S2 Target Highlighter highlights targets from the Rogues Gallery and Zerg Liste, making it a lot easier for both regular players and bounty hunters to identify these characters and take appropriate action. (Automatically updated.)
- MassContacts - adds several powerful features to you contacts page to allow bulk handling of contacts, including "pasting in" lists of contacts to add them all at once, rather than one at a time, similarly changing colors / dropping contacts, and creating lists of contacts use this way or to share.
- UD Lister - This script produces text listings of contacts with profile URI's in a separate window sorted by color key used. It is useful for listing groups of players in forums, emails and wikis.
- UD Profile Expander Shows you the group name, level, experience, and pertinent skills (Free Running, Body Building, Lab Experience, Scent Trail, Brain Rot, Ransack) of everyone in your current cell at the click of a button. - Works in both GreaseMonkey (Firefox) and Chrome
- Urban Dead Attack Links - Shows attack links for pistols, shotguns, knifes, axes, tennis rackets, maul and bite next to a character's name, and subsequently pastes the URL into the URL bar. This allows to attack again the same way by refreshing the page. Tested in Firefox (22:25, 4 August 2012 (BST)).
- A-GPS - Displays your current GPS coordinates next to the suburb name. Screenshot
- Barrista - Adds a menu bar to the top of your screen that replaces the text and buttons which normally show up under your minimap. Shows a colorized barricade level indicator, gives you HP and AP bars, and provides a few other useful links. Screenshot
- Better HP Colorizer - Colorizes the HP values of characters in your building. Screenshot
- Better Name Colorer (modified) - Changes the colors used for characters in your Contacts list, as well as for all of the other links on the page. Screenshot
- chud (modified) - A heavily modified version of haliphax's chud, it shows the injured survivors at your location and gives you quick buttons to heal or hurt them. Screenshot
- Same Character Highlighter - Underlines all of the links to a character whenever you mouseover any of them.
- Survivor Aggregator - Makes survivors at your block show up on the minimap the same way as zombies. E.g. "10 survivors" instead of listing the first five names.
- UDMap (modified) - Puts two minimaps under your map, with the first showing your suburb with all of the TRPs colored, and the second showing you a city-wide map that you can click on to view any other suburb. Screenshot
- Midianian's Scripts - Updated versions of almost all of Midianian's scripts, with his permission, since some were beginning to break.
- Building State Colorizer - Colorizes a building's barricade level, door, ransack and ruin status, and presence, damage-level and status of machinery. Screenshot
- UD Item Combiner, Organizer, and Sorter - Combines same items into one, calculates total shots for pistols, shotguns and pistol clips. Organizes items into categories where they are sorted alphabetically. Sorts drop items list and merges duplicates. Screenshot
- UD Map Links - Inserts links to both the DSS map and the wiki's maps next to the suburb name. Screenshot
- UD Profile Links - Inserts two links after a character's profile link; one to their Rogues Gallery page, and another to add them to contacts. If they already are a contact, the latter link removes them. Works in the area description box, DNA scans, and in the "Since your last turn:" listing. Screenshot
- UD Refresh Button - Adds a refresh button to the row of possible actions. Does not repeat actions when pressed as F5 does.
- UD Victim Link - Creates a link to the profile database from the victim of an observed kill.
A collection of scripts originally created for The Malton Zookeepers. This includes custom map graphics, an internal scrolling map with search functions, gps location, inventory compression, and an automatic travel script. Currently the iWitness companion does not function due to changes to iWitness.
- UD Map Skinner - Applies images from the original Firefox addon, UDToolbar, to the in-game map.
- UD Dumbwit Privacy - Hides HP, AP, and Inventory before making Dumbwit report. Viewing the Dumbwit provides a PK Reporter option.
- UD DSS Map Skinner - Applies images from the original Firefox addon, UDToolbar, to suburbs on the DSS map.
- UD DSS Brain Map - Displays the UDBrain data on the DSS map (Best used in Firefox with the UDBrain add-on so data is updated).
- DSS Satellite Phone - an in-game mobile phone that doesn't take AP to use and works for zombies. download for Firefox or download for Google Chrome, then visit the phone number registry (required for activation). Full documentation.
- Tidy UDTool - Cleans UDTool configuration cruft from the UD game screen.
- Urban Dead Dice displays the d100 "roll" when your attack misses (as does Show Misses – downloadable from Yahoo Mailing List, with registration).
Plugins for other sites
- Google Docs Malton Map - A Malton map in the form of a Google Docs spreadsheet template. By creating their own spreadsheets from the template, various groups can then use their private spreadsheets to share scouting information with group members.
- Current Urban Dead Statistics
- Urban Dead Statistics Tracker
- http://www.urbandead.com/stats.csv - Stat history compiled automatically by the server every day at 00:00 GMT - See Statistics for a graph of some of this data.
- http://urbandead.com/treelog.html - An hourly log of Malton's population of Christmas Trees. In 2007, Malton's tree population was at its peak 23:01, December 25th with 886 trees. On December 10th 2007, 24 trees were added from 18:00 to 19:00, which is also a peak for the 2007 season.