Notable zombie victories
Over the span of time, many zombie hordes have successfully overrun survivor safehouses and bastions of resistance. This page will list some of the more notable victories. However, it should be known that outside of the "notable survivor victories" page, no major zombie group has faced a defeat.
- Dia de los Muertos was a successful assault on then-invincible Giddings Mall by a zombie horde including several notable groups, particularly the Ministry of the Dead, which included the Ridleybank Resistance Front, the Minions of the Apocalypse, and the Undying Scourge. The name of the event is derived from the Mexican holiday celebrated on November 1, 2005, the date the mall fell.
- The Battle of Blackmore was a two-month long siege of the Blackmore Building, the only NecroTech Building in Ridleybank. Despite a determined resistance by the New Malton Colossus and other survivor groups, the building eventually fell to the horde of the Ridleybank Resistance Front and the Feral Undead on October 13, 2006, when Shacknews arrived to break the stalemate.
- The Third Siege of Caiger Mall was perhaps the greatest upset in Malton history, in which the Shacknews horde led zombie hordes in taking the major stronghold of Caiger Mall after a two-week siege from October 23 through November 10, 2006.
- The Battle of SantLUEville was a week-long struggle between LUE and the survivor forces of the suburb of Santlerville, led by the Dribbling Beavers.
- The First Ruin of Caiger Mall was the nail in the coffin for Caiger Mall's mystique when it fell to the re-formed Ministry of the Dead and Extinction forces. The resulting feral avalanche turned the entirety of the Northwest and over 50 percent of the map red in the following weeks.
- The Battle of Pitneybank was a month-long siege in January of 2008 beginning at Fort Creedy and ending with the fall of Giddings Mall, which eventually spanned most of the suburb and ended in a decisive victory for the Second Big Bash and its allies. As survivor groups rallied to the area, the turning point in the assault on Giddings was the January 23rd update which concluded the battle within the week.
- The March of The Dead was an endeavor by the SomethingAwful megahorde The Dead to "break the game", which reduced survivor numbers and security to their lowest numbers in game history until game updates and flagging goon interest swung the game back in survivors' favor.
- The Battle of Barhapolis was a month-long siege from May 8th through June 14th in 2008, begun by the Ridleybank Resistance Front to re-take Nichols Mall. The battle gained momentum and reinforcements from both sides during the siege, until LUE arrived and broke the camel's back.
See also: Notable survivor victories