Talk:Militant Order of Barhah/Locator
Questions? Concerns? Moans or Groans? Leave a message here (newest at the top) and be sure to sign it using --~~~~
Target suggestion section
Danger of Unused Templates
I have been sifting through the list of unused templates, and have twigged that you are in possession of several relating to the map that might get nuked under SD crit 10 if you don't get them included somewhere.
- Template:MOBMap - seems to be your map, which you've subst'ed currently.
- Template:Influencemap - Dupe of the above.
- Template:MOBnone - used to format a location on the map.
- Template:MOBattack - used to format a location on the map.
- Template:MOBruin - used to format a location on the map.
- Template:InfluenceMapColors/Moderate - used to format a location on the map.
- Template:InfluenceMapColors/Allied - used to format a location on the map.
- Template:MapLightRed - used to format a location on the map, could probably do with a better name.
There might be some other stuff I've not been able to track down. Can you see which of these you want to keep and SD the rest.
- Actually, Template:Influencemap was made by User:Pepper and Template:InfluenceMapColors/Allied was made by User:Garviel Loken. You should probably contact the authors to see if they want them deleted. The ones we need for the Locator are now in a Map Key. --FLZombie 13:24, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
Thanks you for your sterling efforts.
To update your good selves.
Penni Drive FS
are all ruined. And the Jillard Building is currently DWO.
- Thanks! --FLZombie 07:08, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
- St. Matheos's Hospital Has just been cracked. 14 brains, if you fancy them. --RosslessnessWant a Location Image? 19:31, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
Hmmm, almost a week without an update in the announcements section on the front page. Hope you guys haven't all been struck down with a syringe-induced case of reanimation. That would suck just before the holidays--Dead gary coleman 23:48, 22 December 2008 (UTC)
- I went to Utah for a well-deserved vacation. Even a zombie has to rest sometimes. ;) Sorry for the delay. -FLZ
I'm kinda thinking that this might give away the element of surprise away. We might find more human groups using this then ferals.--Zaphord 06:12, 23 July 2008 (BST)
Should we ask the sysops to move this page to http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Mob/MOB_Locator to keep all of MOB's pages together in one area of the wiki?--FLZombie 19:48, 26 July 2008 (BST)
I say, Nay! Unless we keep this page too, but make it a redirect to the new subpage. In which case we won't need any stinkin' sysop meddling! ;) Reason being that I personally type in "MOB Locator" when I want to get here -- and I bet I'm not the only one... As for the element of "surprise"... Well, if that's an issue, then don't update this wiki until after we've moved into burb. --WanYao 20:16, 26 July 2008 (BST)
- The original idea for this was to help the ferals. I think, additionally, it serves as a good little propaganda tool, what with the News/Updates section etc. All said and done it's more for "external" use, anyway, because most of us use the IRC and/or forum to get our target information. --WanYao 20:19, 26 July 2008 (BST)
- I update it a bit frequently, since it helps me get an idea of what has already been ruined and how well our campaign is going. This can turn into a fun propaganda tool as well. As for aiding our opponents, it might actually be doing that, but we are a helpful MOB, and like to keep them informed as to which buildings they have lost, particularly if they are not interested in posting in their NEWS areas. Also, I do not start updating until we actually make contact with them, so the element of surprise is already lost by that time - and prior specific approval from grogh. :D --FLZombie 20:30, 26 July 2008 (BST)
OK, I cut and pasted it onto the new address. Someone please make a redirect to the new page, please? --FLZombie 22:21, 26 July 2008 (BST)
- On second, thought, I'll wait for BT to give some input here. This is his brainchild after all.--FLZombie 23:33, 26 July 2008 (BST)
A visit from a Butthole Surfer
In updating the buildings, what is the "color" to indicate that the building is currently being attacked (to make it pink)?Makawa'o 02:46, 27 January 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry I didn't notice your post Makawa'o. :( The color template for a building under attack is "MOBattack" --FLZombie 05:14, 4 March 2009 (UTC)
Just want to pop in and say thanks for updating the danger reports for the buildings you visit. Its groups like your's that help spead information (and fear) across Malton.--~ Red Hawk One Talk | space for lease 19:25, 21 July 2009 (BST)
God, I can't wait until your group comes to southern Malton, I've been seeing your locator and so far, you've left a trail of destruction everywhere you went. Just think of it when you face the extreme and pro-survivors in the south. It's gonna be a blast.--Rogue Medic 17:36, 24, 2009 (GMT)
Random Passing-Through Hello Thought
While Latin is all fine and good, wouldn't it be better to have your motto in Zombish?
You know, "Ardah Barraguz Barhah"?
Oh, and this old zombie does miss you guys. Bedamned doctrinal roleplay causing strife... :)
-Gur'mrgle 23:45, 30 December 2009 (UTC)
- Given that zombies aren't very dextrous, I always like to think that humans, trying to give a name and a face to the MOB that frightens them so, are the ones that made the motto and the emblem. We just liked it and chose to use it. After eating their brains in thanks, of course. —Aichon (MOB)— 01:19, 31 December 2009 (UTC)
Well, you came at us like a whirlwind and left promptly, after the smoke cleared we realized that the entire suburb of Whittenside was in ruins...my respect to you...wheew -User:Erica Gait 19:43, 30 March 2010 (UTC)
The New Map
Is a gajillion million times easier to use. It defaults all suburbs to none, each suburb name is a variable. For a Suburb the horde is active in you enter the suburb name like so Karekmaps 2.0?! 11:26, 29 September 2012 (BST). For a Suburb the horde just left you enter suburb name like so . Nothing else even needs an entry as it will automatically assign itself to None2 and default to the current map colors. --
- Absolutely love it. Looks incredibly great, though I might increase the contrast slightly later. As for the other one, the problem there is that we c/p them from the suburb maps. That said, a quick fix might be to just make an alternative barricade plan template and then c/p the barricade plans and switch the "Large" to "MOB" so that it processes it through our color schemes. —Aichon— 19:20, 29 September 2012 (BST)
This is just a thought, but why not set up the suburb map to display the building status' directly from their own DangerReport pages? That way when the MOB ruins a building the status is also "officially" updated and usable else where (like in that new, giant DangerReport map). --04:42, 2 October 2012 (BST)