This page is for the election of Bureaucrats.
- What is a Bureaucrat?
- A Bureaucrat (sometimes called a crat) is a user with the special ability to promote and demote users to and from administrative roles (i.e. Bureaucrat and System Operator) on Urban Dead Wiki.
- Like other administrative roles on the wiki, Bureaucrats do not have any control over the game or its operation. Their responsibilities are strictly related to the wiki.
- Who gets to be a Bureaucrat?
- System Operators (usually called sysops) who are elected by the community can become Bureaucrats. For more information on how to become a sysop, read the Promotions page.
- The wiki maintains two Bureaucrats at all times, with elections occurring every six months or in response to the demotion of a sitting Bureaucrat.
- A sitting Bureaucrat can run for re-election, provided they meet all eligibility requirements (e.g. they're not inactive), with no limits on how many terms they can serve.
- Who can vote?
- All wiki users are allowed to vote. Users are eligible for one vote per seat that is up for election.
- Sysops running in the election are allowed to vote for themselves.
- Rules concerning the election.
- An election is started immediately upon the resignation or demotion of a sitting Bureaucrat.
- Both Bureaucrat seats are up for election every six months, on June 1st and December 1st.
- The election ends after two weeks, counting from the when the election is started.
- The candidates with the most and second-most votes win the election.
- In the event of a tied vote the currently sitting bureaucrats will decide between the tied candidates.
- Rules concerning candidates.
- All active users with the sysops status are automatically declared candidates for any vacant Bureaucrat positions.
- Users who are not eligible for automatic demotion by the Truly Inactive Sysops policy are considered "active" for purposes of the election.
- The Bureaucrats whose positions come up for election if said election is started under rule 2 of Rules concerning the election are automatically declared candidates.
- Unless said otherwise, a Bureaucrat who is demoted due to inactivity is not eligible in the ensuing election to fill their seat.
- A candidate can retract their own candidacy at any time.
- Rules concerning voting.
- All users have only one vote per Bureaucrat position to be filled.
- This means that, in regular elections started under rule 2 of Rules concerning the election, each user has two votes. In unscheduled elections started under rule 1, each user has only one vote.
- Users vote for a candidate by signing under the preferred candidate's name.
- Users cannot cast more than one vote per candidate.
- Users may change their votes for a candidate as long as the election has not ended.
- Multiple votes at the same time will be struck.
- Sockpuppetry is considered vandalism.
So it turns out we missed an entire election in July. That means the seats that have been long-occupied by myself and AHLG are up for a vote. The vote will end 2 weeks from this timestamp.22:31, 1 December 2022 (UTC)
- Is it bad that I noticed this at the time, half edited a notice... then just decided to delete the message and go about my day? -- AHLGTG THE END IS NIGH! 23:09, 1 December 2022 (UTC)
- I can't believe we cheated the community out of an extra 6 months of doing no crat responsibilities. 23:47, 1 December 2022 (UTC)
A Helpful Little Gnome
- You have been gnomed -- Spiderzed▋ 23:45, 1 December 2022 (UTC)
- It's morbin time 23:47, 1 December 2022 (UTC)
- He remembered that the crat election is due, which is more than I can say of most sys-ops these days. -- Spiderzed▋ 23:11, 1 December 2022 (UTC)
- punish the deserving! hajen (talk) 23:16, 1 December 2022 (UTC)
- what's the square root of 46? DDfuckinR. K 01:58, 2 December 2022 (UTC)
- DoXBr (talk) 22:57, 1 December 2022 (UTC)
- is this thing on? hajen (talk) 23:13, 1 December 2022 (UTC)
- Hibernaculum Hibernaculum (talk) 23:20, 1 December 2022 (UTC)
- 23:25, 1 December 2022 (UTC)
- EasyDinner (talk) 23:33, 1 December 2022 (UTC) I for one welcome our emu overlords
- Hate Crime 🎭 (talk) 23:40, 1 December 2022 (UTC)
- Richardskull16 (talk) 00:20, 2 December 2022 (UTC)
- Rib15 (talk) 23:47, 2 December 2022 (UTC)
- Voting is important Brom Armostrong (talk) 20:23, 2 December 2022 (UTC)
- 𝔇𝔦𝔧𝔬𝔫 𝔖𝔞𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔯𝔰 (talk) 16:23, 3 December 2022 (UTC)
As of the start of the election, Ross is not eligible due to his activity. This may change if he makes an edit.22:31, 1 December 2022 (UTC)
- Fuck eligibility. K 00:29, 2 December 2022 (UTC)
Now two weeks have gone by, we have the results. Stelar and myself will be hold the two bureaucrat positions on the wiki until June 2023. Thank you to everybody who voted!05:05, 16 December 2022 (UTC)
- You mean til December 2023 cos we'll all forget again :P stelar Talk|MCM|EBD|Scourge 15:06, 16 December 2022 (UTC)
- I DEMAND A RECOUNT!! -- AHLGTG THE END IS NIGH! 16:34, 16 December 2022 (UTC)
Archived Bureaucrat Promotions
For earlier bureaucrat promotions, see the following:
- This year's bureaucrat promotions
- Last year's bureaucrat promotions
- Sysop Archives for other related activities
|Bureaucrat Election Archive|