This page is for system operators to request a demotion of status, or for enaction of demotion due to long-term inactivity. The act of demotion is restricted to those with bureaucrat status, and as such system operators will need to request their demotion here.
Guidelines for Demotion Requests
System operators who wish to request demotion must consider these things before applying.
- Reason for demotion - As demotions cannot be reversed unless the user goes through the promotion process again, the user is asked to make sure that they are making the correct decision when applying for demotion.
- Effects of demotion - Demotions may necessitate additional action, such as in the case of a Bureaucrat being demoted, which triggers an immediate by-election to fill their seat for the remainder of their term.
After a system operator has submitted his or her demotion request, the active Bureaucrats will review it, and after reaching a unanimous decision, choose to either demote the system operator or deny his or her request. After action has been taken, the request will be moved to the archive.
main article: Policy Text
- A sysop that hasn't made any edit in four months will be warned, on their talk page, by a Bureaucrat, that they face demotion of their sysop powers in one week, if they remain inactive.
- One week after the warning has been placed, dependant on the actions of the sysop, the Bureaucrat will decide whether or not to carry out the demotion.
- This is to avoid, for example, the unlikely case of a sysop simply making a single edit with the aim of avoiding the demotion.
- The Bureaucrat is trusted and bound to make a fair decision, and not to demote a sysop who clearly demonstrates a return to activity on the wiki.
- Any demonstrable abuse of this power by a Bureaucrat, however unlikely, could (as with any other abuse of specific powers) be grounds for a Misconduct case.
- If the sysop makes no response at all to the warnings, they must be demoted.
Demotions in process
4+ month inactivity, have made a note on his talk page.22:35, 1 December 2022 (UTC)
- Ross has responded, I'm not interested in demoting him and I doubt AHLG is either, but will leave here just in case Gnome has grown into Goblin.
22:54, 1 December 2022 (UTC)
- I mean by this point I'm not sure that Ross is even really Ross. Like the Ship of Theseus, a little bit of him changes each day, and we don't see any of it because he's not around. So he's not Ross. Call him by a new name. I'll call him, how about, Jross. -- AHLGTG THE END IS NIGH! 23:17, 1 December 2022 (UTC)
There are no recent actions
|User||Position||Last Contribution||Seat Available|
|A Helpful Little Gnome (Contribs)||Bureaucrat||2021-10-29||2021-12-01|
Last updated at: 03:58, 28 October 2021 (UTC)