- These suggestions are now closed. No more voting or editing is to be done to them.
- Suggestions with a rational Vote tally of 2/3 Keeps over total of Keeps, Kills, and Spams will be moved to the Peer Reviewed Suggestions page by a moderator, unless the original author has re-suggested the Suggestion.
- Suggestions under the 2/3 proportion but with more or equal Keeps to Kills ration will be moved to the Undecided Suggestions page.
- All other Suggestions will be moved to either the Peer Rejected Suggestions page or the Humorous Suggestions page.
- Some suggestions may not be moved in a timely manner; moving Suggestions to Peer Reviewed Suggestions page will take higest priority.
- Again, DO NOT EDIT THIS PAGE IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM. It will be used as a historical record and will eventually be locked.
VOTING ENDS: 10th-May-2006
Stats page should show completed calls in the last hour and day
|Timestamp:||08:12, 26 April 2006 (BST)|
|Type:||Statistics Tracker Addition|
|Description:||I suggest that the Statistics Tracker be amended to keep track of completed calls.
The information could be formatted similarly to the population data and appear along with the current coverage percentage.
Calls completed in the last day: 123
Calls completed in the last hour: 7
- Keep - Author vote. Please consider voting keep for the sake of gathering information regarding the use of mobile phones. --Spraycan Willy MalTel 08:12, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - Hmm... I don't know why, but I'm keeping. I don't see any reason not to have this as of such... plus if implemented smartly by Kevin it wouldn't tax the server. - Jedaz 08:29, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - I'm kind of interested on how much mobile phones are used. --Brizth W! M T 09:36, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - hourly to much, overall benefit of the info is doubtfull IMHO--Vista W! 10:21, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - I like it. It will show how much it is worth, aka not much, --ramby T--W! - SGP 11:07, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - Yay, more flavour! I like my zombie games nice and spicy, thank you very much. -Wyndal (talk)-(W!)-(SGP) 11:10, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - Would be very interesting to know --Chineselegolas Talk 12:03, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - Nice idea --Swmono talk - W! - SGP
- Keep - Said it before...mo' stats, mo' betta. --Mookiemookie 12:24, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - Why not? --Abi79 The Abandoned 12:40, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep -- Just cuz we all wanna know so bad! --Kirk Howell 13:02, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - Adding random stats to the game makes it just that teeny bit more interesting. --ERNesbitt MalTel 8:06, 26 April 2006 (EST)
- Keep - Maybe if Malton Telephone saw this, they'd step up their act to giving us better service hours ;) MalTel's cool though. BuncyTheFrog Talk GBP 13:28, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - Why not? We hardly get any help as it is. --Brickpile Jones GP,MalTel 13:55, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - Why not? I have seen the trend of recent rise of stat's page suggestions, they are all widely accepted. --Changchad 14:00, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - While I'm all for new stuff on the stats page, this seems sorta useless.--Bermudez 14:03, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - Why not? --Cyberbob240CDF - Arb - W! 14:20, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - Can you hear me now? Timid Dan 14:49, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - Yes --EnForcer32 15:01, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - That would be another thing to look at.--RWXSM 16:10, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - Seems useful, in a curiosity-satiating sort of way.
- Keep - Good idea.--Legom7 16:53, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - So very useless. Velkrin 18:11, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - My curiosity overrides my anti call tracking instincts. Every little bit of polish just adds to the game. --Cdrwcry 19:23, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - One question, is this Calls sent, or is this calls received? what defines a completed call? --Teksura 19:29, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- RE - My thinking (and the reason I chose completed) is that breaking it down any further would be overkill. To answer your questiontion directly completed would be received in this case. While many calls are likely placed for hours or days before they are received I think this stat would best reflect success over failures. --Spraycan Willy MalTel 23:08, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - The more that is know about how we play, the better the suggestions we can come up with to improve how we play--xbehave 19:35, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - Another fun set of numbers for us to ANOVA. --Tycho44 W! 22:30, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - I don't want the zombies to know how many calls are being made in a day. --Steel Hammer 00:21, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - Sure. Why not? --Toast Boy 10:30, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep Minor change. Easy to implement. Gives a better idea of game balance - AND THUS provides a better guide as to what suggestions to put into place later on. DavidMalfisto 18:19, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill not enough of a benift to gameplay for the stress it may cause to the serversAvicm 02:30, 28 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep I've been kinda curious as to how many people use the phones. Mine almost never rings. Dram 10:31, 28 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep -Seems mostly useless, but like others have said, why the hell not? It's no more than a line or two of code and the info might be of use to someone.--Xavier06 01:17, 30 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - Stats on mobile usage would be great. -- Mettaur 16:29, 7 May 2006 (BST)
- Keep - I agree with Xavier06: it won't hurt anything and it could help. --BlueSTARS 20:19, 7 May 2006 (BST)
- Keep - ... I think the line is bugged.--Wifey 03:36, 8 May 2006 (BST)
Deleted by author after reading "Do's and Dont's" Carefully! RWXSM 16:51, 26 April 2006 (BST)
|Timestamp:||12:22, 26 April 2006 (EST)|
|Scope:||Humans and Zombies|
|Description:||You come across a lone and starving dog, who decides to follow you for both companionship and food in exchange for protection while you sleep/sway.
To start off, the dog must be found as a human. Dogs are very rare and there is usually only a 1%-3% chance of finding them.
Most often dogs will be found wandering in areas that can't be barricaded, such as streets, parks, wastelands, car parks, cemeteries, and monuments. A few have been known to be hiding or chained up in junkyards, stuck in cages of NecroTech buildings, police stations, and fire stations, or trapped in empty mansions, warehouses, hotel rooms, and mall pet stores. Most of the dogs in those areas are already dead from starvation though.
Once it is in your inventory, you must care for it. Next to the dog "icon" in your inventory is a number indicating your dog`s health. Your dog's health will decline fast, having been living on scraps for the last few years. About 10 HP from it's full 30 HP every 24hrs., active or not.
The dog only becomes active and visible to other players while your character is out of action points, attacking every zombie or human, for 2 HP, for every attack made on either their owner or them, or until their owner regains at least 1 AP, where they will then hide from view. Players with multiple dogs will only have one active at a time.
Zombies or other humans may attack or heal dogs until they either are killed, their owner regains at least 1 AP, or till someone kills the dog`s owner. The dog is then presumed to be killed along with them, or runs away.
Should you as a human die while the dog is inactive, you loose the dog/dogs, as they will run away. Active dogs who are killed before their owners are, are ripped to pieces and are unable to come back. If you have multiple dogs, your next dog will activate and continue where the previous one left off. However, if you die first while a dog is active, it is now an infectious zombie dog, attacking in much the same way as it did for when it was alive, while they rest you might have had will run away. Humans encountering a zombie dog become infected every attack the dog makes on them.
Without a way, as a zombie, to feed/care for the zombie dog, the dog's body will continue to decay till it dies (unable to come back), is killed by a human or another zombie before the owner dies(also unable to come back), is healed by a human for some odd reason, or until the zombie owner is revived. Injecting a zombie dog with a revivification syringe directly has been found to cause such a rapid change to the zombie dog's body, that the dog more or less explodes. (absolutely unable to come back). No damage is done to anyone but the zombie dog this way.
If the zombie dog is inactive when the zombie dog's owner is revived, the zombie dog wanders away from it's owner's convulsing body and decomposes. If the owner is revived while the zombie dog is active, the dog nips at the flailing body and gets a secondhand dose of the revivification serum, bringing it back with only 5 HP left.
XP is NOT given to the owners of dogs who attack an enemy. It CAN be gained by killing a dog before the owner either, by the usual means or by trying to revive a zombie dog, or healing a living dog. As far as healing the zombie dogs, the same rules for XP work as if you were healing a zombie human.
All numbers and functions of this suggestion are not to be taken as inflexible. Please include ideas for improvement with your votes. Also keep comments constructive... Simply stating that it`s a "childish" idea doesn`t help. Tell why it is "childish."
- Kill - No automatic defenses. However, I was intrigued by the exploding puppies aspect of it.--Mookiemookie 17:35, 26 April 2006 (BST) EDIT: No automatic offenses either, since the author insists on being pedantic about it. Either way, automatic anything is a bad idea, in my book.--Mookiemookie 19:29, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - 2 reasons. 1) Zombie dogs = bad idea. I'd say if you become a zombie, the dog runs away. Period. 2) I don't like the idea that you can have soething that will attack while you are away, even if it is triggerred by another's attack. What could work: If you are attacked, the dog stands in the way, protecting his master. If anyone wants to attack the dog's master, they have to kill the dog first. Once a dog is dead, it's gone. That's an idea I would vote yes on. --Reverend Loki 17:40, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- RE - To have the dog be attacked and not let the owner be attacked would be an automatic defense... This way makes it an automatic offense. I thought this would also give zombies an item to use other than the crowbar... When you look at it though, there is only a 30 minute period that would allow a zombie dog to be made. --Savat 12:47, 26 April 2006 (EST)
- Kill - I don't like the idea of having an automated offense. However, I would propably vote yes if you changed the suggestion according to Reverend Loki's second point. In that case, the dog would basically be a "living armor", someting like a better (or worse?) flack jacket. G F J 17:58, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - Mookiemookie said it --CPQD 18:03, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- RE - Shouldn't this be a keep vote then, as I already stated that this is not a defense but an offense?. --Savat 13:14, 26 April 2006 (EST)
- Re - While it doesn't act as a shield, having an NPC that deals damage to another player for attacking my player is clearly a form of defence. Having that NPC become visible when a player is out of AP is deterrence, a form of defence as well EDIT: please read the frequently suggested ideas page, more specifically this--CPQD 18:50, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- RE - Shouldn't this be a keep vote then, as I already stated that this is not a defense but an offense?. --Savat 13:14, 26 April 2006 (EST)
- Kill - It's just weird. First you have a 10xp/day of "heal farming" as long as you get FAKs (and I would, best xp source). Then you have automatic defenses, but they barely ever work. Then you have exploding puppies. On the bright side, I like zombie dogs. And, yes, it's a frakking defense--McArrowni 18:20, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- RE - Would it be better if you didn't get XP for healing your own dog/dogs? I didn't think of the "heal farming" side of it... Also, how is this a defense? It is a small deterrant, but since nothing is stopping you from attacking the owner, I can't see it as a defense. --Savat 13:35, 26 April 2006 (EST)
- Kill I don't like it because - too vague, no limits on how many you can have, dogs should not stay if you become a Zombie - be better to have a variant class for Zombies - Zombie Dog (like Res Evil) as there is not a great deal of difference between them and zombies at present as regards to what they can do in game. KyleTravis 18:25, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - I get one vote, and here it is. I also feel that many voters aren't reading this carefully enough. --Savat 13:46, 26 April 2006 (EST)
- Spam - I read it so carefully that I discovered it was spam. No automatic defenses or NPC companions. And it's unfair to cats and goldfish. Timid Dan 18:52, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- RE - I have read the section on NPCs and found that it didn't say that I can't suggest it, just that I would likely not get many keep votes for doing so. You're welcome to give it a kill vote if you still don't like it, just tell me why. --Savat 14:16, 26 April 2006 (EST)
Kill - Wouldn't zombies have eaten all the animals? What about the zoo? I agree with the others, get rid of the zombie/exploding dogs and have the dogs leave if your zombified.--Pesatyel 19:18, 26 April 2006 (BST). Spam - This is the very definition of automation. While my character is asleep, the dog can kill other people? For half an hour (until the owner regains an AP)? The dogs are hard to find AND only useful for half an hour?--Pesatyel 19:38, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - Way too much. --Cdrwcry 19:27, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- RE - I need more of an explaination than "way too much." --Savat 14:44, 26 April 2006 (EST)
- Kill - Please think this over again. Then you will see it's a bad idea, and that it is also not needed, fixes nothing, or improve gameplay value for I dare say majority of players. --Wikkid Bigshot 14:50, 26 April 2006 (EST)
- RE - And yet, we have crucifixes... I didn't think it was a requirement of an item to improve gameplay, infact there are a number of items that make gameplay frustating. Why get a knife if you have an axe or a lead pipe? Why must you pick up that outdated newspaper everytime you search an area? Surely this serves alot more function than a newspaper... Especially for zombies who can attack with a crobar but use no other items.--Savat 14:59, 26 April 2006 (EST)
- Spam - No Auto Defenses. --Grim s-Mod 20:30, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Spam - This suggestion can not look up. If there were just dogs that could be your friend, and you could pet, to gain xp, like a book, that would be pretty sweet. Or maybe a big red variant that could inflict massive damage and cast bio on anyone who tried to pk you. Or maybe we could, not have auto actions other than dying when you hit zero hp, and not have NPC's even if they are dogs. -¯\(o_º)/¯ 20:39, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Spam - The only way I can see this would do any good is if it alerted people that someone is tring to pk you. Auto attacks = No No. --Swmono talk - W! - SGP 17:03, 26 April 2006 (EST)
- Spam - Automatic defence. 'Nuff said. --Cyberbob240CDF - Arb - W! 22:29, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - Fun idea, but it would never happen.. --Kirsha 23:17, 26 April 2006 (EST)
- Kill -Haven't dogs been done before?--Vista W! 23:26, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Spam - No auto defences. --Cinnibar 03:11, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Spam - A zombie can attack with any blunt weapon (crowbar, pipe, bat) but untrained claw attacks are better. Zombies do not gain the crowbar benifit when attacking barricades. No NPCs. No automated attacks. No automated defences. I like Dogmeat as much as the next guy, and dogs in Malton would be cool - but so would Magitech MegaMechs. DavidMalfisto 18:25, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - Drop the NPC aspect of it, for sure, and it might be worth a keep. For now, I like the idea that every moving target in the game is represented by an actual person. Maybe once the game gets all its kinks out, it might be cool to have wandering street vendors, zombie dogs, and some boss-monsters (*cough* "Nemesis"), but for now, we've got enough walking piles of XP on our plate (and not enough to spend it on). Also, no percentage chance was specified for the dog attack, which means the (ninja) dog strikes every time it makes an attack, which strains credulity, to say the least (and did I mention the "ninja dog" thing?). It's more like a limited-use Damage Field, but then I suppose dog works better for the tone of the game. The automatic defense angle wouldn't bother me, since its only useful in such a limited circumstance. A flak jacket does a far better job of protecting you and doesn't need to be fed. I suppose someone could abuse this by continuing to log on to spend down to 0AP, but those people have no life and have found their own fate worse than death. I should add that it should ALWAYS be visible, even flagged on the map. I got nothing more.--Xavier06 02:10, 30 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - I like the idea of having a dog to help you in a fight, but this is a super dog. As others have said, automatic anything is a bad idea. Also, caring for the dog like that makes this too RPG-like. --BlueSTARS 20:25, 7 May 2006 (BST)
- Spam - This should have been Spaminated long ago.--Wifey 03:38, 8 May 2006 (BST)
|Timestamp:||19:10, 26 April 2006 (BST)|
|Description:||Very simple. When a human kills another human, instead of the text reading. "So n' so killed Whatshisface", it would read "So n' so murdered Whatshisface". This wouldn't change the dynamics of the game at all, I just think it would be more interesting. Afterall, let's face it, murder is the case.|
- Keep Author vote. Let's call it what it is. --Rozozag 19:10, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep Nice. I can't wait for "Mattiator murdered Xperiment" - Mattiator 19:30, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- kill I prefer killed, its a more acurate description IMHO--xbehave 19:36, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- keep I like it. --Legom7 19:39, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- keep - this is a good flavour change, but it could be a manslaughter if someone killed them by mistake ;].Not that I will ever do that--Changchad 19:40, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - Go flavour text! w00t! --Swmono talk - W! - SGP 15:01, 26 April 2006 (EST)
- Kill - I like "Killed". --Grim s-Mod 20:15, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill I prefer the current flavor text. I see no reason to change it. Timid Dan 20:19, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill I was really hoping for this suggestion to be related in some way, to Ja Rule. I am disappointed. -Banana Bear4 20:22, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep "JFK was murdered, Martin Luther King was mudered.. Tu Pac just got shot!" (Chris Rock). -MrAushvitz 21:34, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - It could have been self-defence. Velkrin 21:43, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill -murdered isn't alway applicable, killed is--Vista W! 23:28, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - Actually when you look at the definition of each word Murder - the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought, Kill - to deprive of life, I think that murder fits the situation better. The term fits human vs human deaths as the description states. --Steel Hammer 00:18, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - Tempted to say Murder, of course. Just say NO to more branching logic that would need to be performed every time any character killed another one. Heh, maybe it should also say "...in the (location) with the (weapon)". -- Elderdan 01:54, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - Nah, I like the current one. Response for Elderdan's comment: No way! That would totally kill our games of Clue! BuncyTheFrog Talk GBP 02:27, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - It's not murder if it's self defense. --Cinnibar 03:10, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep: Murder is murder, and people who do that in game should be highlighted somehow. ICly, it'd probably enrage a lot of people to see someone adding live humans to the ranks of the dead... Almafeta 03:37, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - So then why don't you also suggest to have "A Zombie Murdered So n' So" or "So n' So Murdered A Zombie"? - Jedaz 03:58, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - What about PKKing? Or accidently killing someone when you click the wrong name on the drop down? Or general self defence? DavidMalfisto 18:27, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill Doesn't it already tell you if someone dies? Still, there's too many X-factors that could cause a person to gain a bad reputation due to a mistake in selection (such as accidentally shooting someone low on HP instead of using a FAK, or going for revenge against another PKer). Sorry, while this seems like a good idea, there's too many situations where it would cause problems. --Volke 17:59, 28 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill See above.--ShadowScope 01:54, 30 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - A slightly spicy flavor, but not too offending to the palate. Look, if you can't muster a good defense for your "accident" by the time the lynch-mob assembles, perhaps you deserve the swift retribution to come. Justice is blind....etc etc etc. I am a bit concerned to see so many flavor suggestions of late, though, so I'll add a caveat: Any flavor can wear out its welcome after a while. Its best to use words with low-connotive heft or to include several random wording-choices to avoid this.--Xavier06 02:23, 30 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill Too vague and too often incorrect. --Arainach 21:36, 9 May 2006 (BST)
- Kill Is there a difference between murder and euthinization? Either way, I prefer kill. --ThunderJoe 04:00, 11 May 2006 (BST)
Hunting Rifle (Final Version)
|Timestamp:||22:40, 26 April 2006 (BST)|
|Type:||New Ranged Weapon|
|Scope:||Largest current ranged weapon, deadliest overall firearm in the game, but has many reloading/search/skills required & carrying restrictions|
|Description:||Many thanks to all for their support, constructive criticism and suggested "tweaks" to come up with the finalized version. This, I think, is what we intended for this weapon's use in UD.
Hunting Rifle Skills Tree: Civillian weapon, so all of it's skills are under the civillian skills tree.
This weapon's intent is to provide a highly damaging round, with a higher degree of accuracy. However, this weapon deliberately costs 3 more skills (compared to the pistol and shotgun) to get it's accuracy up to that maximum.
Noone masters the rifle very quickly, it takes a lot of practice, patience, self control, and skill. So this firearm is the "middle" weapon between the pistol's easy reloading / lower damage, and the shotgun's expensive reloading / massive damage potential. There is, of course, also the flare gun, as a 4th "firearm", but it's useage is mainly for more gameplay enjoyment.
This is not a very good "newbie" weapon, even if you know where to look for it. This is however, the "sniper" weapon so many have been looking for. (But we're not going to do any of that shooting at nearby locations, as proposed by other suggestions, keep it fair and simple.)
This weapon's larger size (requiring 4 inventory spaces apiece!) means that few players will be carring several fully loaded hunting rifles into battle. That and the combat reloading limitation, means a player who uses the rifle should probably have another weapon on hand (probably a pistol and a few clips or a decent hand weapon), just in case things start to go badly. However, it is the largest available firearm, and has the largest fully loaded ammo capacity. (But pistols reload so much faster, and unload rounds that much more quickly.)
The payback for the obvious combat limitations of the hunting rifle is, when you do find an ammo box, it doesn't take up very much inventory space (compensation for rifle's sheer size, and reloading restrictions.) In this regard it has one advantage over the shotgun (but if you prefer to carry several loaded shotguns, that is also a preference, or if you just prefer that much damage that much sooner, needing less skills to max. out.) An ammo box shouldn't take up more inventory space than a pistol clip, but again, reloading a rifle would be 7 AP.
Another reason for it's combat limitations, this is a hunting rifle, not a combat rifle.. it is a very accurate ranged weapon but not something so well suited for enemies up close (or wearing a flak jacket!)
It does make for a wonderful weapon for "zombie hunting", and it does make for lovely headshots.
Edits: For those of you who liked or were concerned about the 1st version, this one has had it's ammo capacity reduced from 8 to 7 rounds. It's inventory required space size increased from 3 to 4. And the amount of ammunition per ammo box reduced from 10 to 8. It's maximum accuracy was lowered from 75% to 70%, but it still has a beginning hit accuracy of 10% (35% with basic firearms training.) All of these were done to bring it's XP per AP rating to lower, more acceptable levels.
The major, and most serious gameplay change made to this weapon is it's availability. This weapon is not so easy to find in malls as the 1st version. Survivors have everything they need in a mall already, if they have the proper skills: FAK's, weapons, ammunition, etc. Having this weapon too readily accessible in malls would make malls even more defendable, and that is not fair to the zombies, or nessesary. It also would seem very unlikely that almost every survivor in a mall would have one, or even several rifles on hand.
This weapon's ammunition is now easier to find in armories and police stations (S.W.A.T.), and the best place to find the hunting rifle is in a Mansion. The logic behind this is the assumption that when the zombie infestation 1st began, frantic citizens scrambled to find all of the heavy weapons and ammunition they could get their hands on. So a number of the larger firearms can be found at mansions (where the richer citizens ran to for protection), and in many instances at the police stations and armories (where people immediately "enlisted" to help with urban defense, and were often chosen because they had a decent firearm on hand.) Besides, the very rich always seem to have several firearms in stock, just in case.
- Keep - Author Vote. Also, could be an interesting online duel weapon, where you have a zombie biting with digestion on you, but you're blowing huge chunks of meat away here and there. Who kills who first? (Who runs out of HP or ammo first?) --MrAushvitz 22:40, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - Too complicated and too similar to shotgun. --Sindai 22:57, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep -I would love to see some more variety in firearms and its not similar to shotgun you cant reload under pressure and you cant reload as fast.I like it good firepower,Good capacity,and its not uber abundent.Accurate as hell true but you gotta invest lots of Xp to get that accuracy. -- LCpl Mendoza 17:38,27 April 2006 (EST)
- Kill - I still like it. I just want to see John Ember's math for the new version. If it is, in fact the 'middle' weapon now, I will change my vote to Keep. -Wyndal (talk)-(W!)-(SGP) 23:39, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep _ i liked the other one better, I hate when a great suggestion needs to compromise to appease one side. --Kirk Howell 23:44, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - Still liking it. --Mikhail Vicktor
- Keep - I liked the original suugestion better but this is still great. -Shenron 23:54, 26 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - I liked the other one better except for AP cost to fire. But since you did everyone else's concerns I am voting to keep simply because I want this weapon... --Steel Hammer 00:11, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - Adding it's ammo to the mall gun store without lowering % to find of other ammo/guns means more ammo overall from searching in gun stores. That means more damage per AP spent on total (including reload time, search times, and times used to fire) for gun users. People don't choose a weapon, they use all the ammo they find. The low % to find is just annoying, on the long run people will all have a single one of these anyways to use the extra occasional ammo(Do you really think the average gunner searches for ammo less than 100 times?).
I also need to see the math done on this, and am too lazy to do it now, but the first reason is probably worth a kill on it's own, anyways.Has done some math, check it out on talk page --McArrowni 00:20, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - McArrowni got it right. --CPQD 00:23, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep- I think McArrowni is right, but I also think that problem will be fixed while it's being implemented. I'll let other people worry about the math, personally. --Rozozag 00:25, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - Sounds like a good idea --Exordium
- Kill - This would allow people to save up a lot of AP and then, with either seven AP shoot and four inventory spaces, shoot someone for forty nine HP. This makes it the most effective AP battery yet. It would really unbalance things. How much damage can a zombie do in seven AP? twenty eight. Unbalance is ungood. Also, leaving something to get fixed while its being implemented isn't always such a hot idea.--\(o_-o)/-Bear 00:35, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - See above. Velkrin 00:48, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - It still is overpowered. Also, find rates work a little differently than you seem to think. - CthulhuFhtagn 01:46, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - Liked old versions, like this one. Game desperately needs something fundamentally new, I wouldn't even care if it was slightly unbalanced; and this isn't.--'STER-Talk-Mod 02:02, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - Too powerful. 1) Hit ratio exceeds existing firearms. 2)Larger AP battery than pistol, plus much more damage yields ubertrenchcoater damage potential. 3) COMBINED search ratio increases for all firearms combined, meaning that searches now yield even more firearms and ammo per AP spent. --Cinnibar 02:17, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - Sounds good. Maybe have a chance of having one bullet in the chamber already but I don't really care. Sounds cool and I would keep one.--Jm21146 02:29, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - Says I. BuncyTheFrog Talk GBP 02:30, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - We need another gun in UD, and this is a great idea. Tokakeke 03:40, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - Theres something that just doesn't sit right with me, I don't know what it is exactly but I'm voting kill because I don't like it - Jedaz 04:02, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - ok tis nice. its a lot better and MUCH more rounded.Nazreg 10:30, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - What Cinnibar said --Mookiemookie 12:31, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - I liked the previous version(s?), and although it's been nerfed a little too much, I still do. --Cyberbob240CDF - Arb - W! 12:43, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill As above Timid Dan 14:44, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill I just don't like how the Armoury is still a worse place to find big guns than the Mall while Mansions are better stocked than military insitutions. Drop the weapon from the mall completely, and set the find rates for the Armoury and Mansion to at least be the same (maybe 3%). I really don't like the idea of having a new gun - but lots of people do like this so I may as well try to be helpful. DavidMalfisto 18:34, 27 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill I don't think having a more powerful weapon is good. I think that because zombies are people too, there needs to be a way to give all players a sporting chance. Including the humans who will undoubtedly PK'ed by this weapon. Chickerific18:00 27 april 2006 (BST)
- Keep - A good last-AP kill option and requires enough prep work to keep it from being used more than once every couple of days. True, it makes it more likely a search will turn up gun or ammo, but that also increases the likelihood of not getting the gun/ammo/other item you desire, so its a kind of balance(?). Minor quibble: why are there rifle shells in the junkyard?--Xavier06 02:42, 30 April 2006 (BST)
- Keep - While the pecentages could use a little bit of work, the overall concept of the weapon is nice and fairly balanced as is. --Darkstar949 23:31, 30 April 2006 (BST)
- Kill - Again. While the percentages have been lowered to make ammo more difficult to obtain, the gun still works on the "Box" of bullets. So 8 bullets for that search percentage. This doesn't really lower the ability of a person to find ammo for this weapon. All you'd need is for the RNG to be kind once and you're up and running with a fully loaded weapon. And since you're not searching for a particular type of ammo, you can always find pistol clips or shotgun shells while you're there. With the number of skills that can be obtained, the higher level survivors won't bother with only having the rifle, they'll have pistols and shotguns on hand. Thus this becomes just another weapon to collect. Which means this becomes a novelty weapon, with about the same relevance as a survivor who fights with a knife. Quasispace 10:57, 6 May 2006 (BST) EDIT: Curses! I forgot to append the nick.
- Keep - Would be better if was easier to find in aurmories making them a TRP but, as it is it still adds a 3rd balanced choice for a weapon, does less damage / AP than shotgun but less inventory wastage--xbehave 17:19, 9 May 2006 (BST)