Malton Forensics Unit
|Malton Forensics Unit
|To bring order and life.
|No active PK record, must have NT Employment or Diagnosis. Join now!
|Post here, PM the CoF or Discord.
The Malton Forensics Unit is a core group of the Department of Emergency Management, an organization whose groups have a total of more than 15 . Historically dedicated to assisting the MPD in protecting the citizens of Malton through crime scene investigation and handling of forensic evidence, the MFU has been largely repurposed to reviving the undead, as well as curing the infected, tracking zombie movements, and fulfilling its traditional function of forensic science.
Membership in the Malton Forensics Unit is not restricted to scientist-class characters. Civilian and military revivers may apply if they have the starting skill for either of the scientist classes (i.e. NecroTech Employment or Diagnosis).
|Undead? Want to breathe again?
Make a Revivification Request!
|Don't let them get away with murder! Register them on the Rogues Gallery.
What We Do
The Malton Forensics Unit is a group dedicated to the support and survival of the defenders of Malton. While we see the need to sometimes use force on those that embrace their zombie state, our primary aim is to revive slain survivors and bring them back to the world of the living.
Members of the MFU usually work out of NT buildings or nearby safe houses, where the supplies they need to work are available. Their primary task is to provide revives and manage revivification points, other duties include DNA-scanning zombies and of course making regular reports on the activities in their area, including NecroNet printouts when available.
All new members receive rigorous survival and tactics training at The Academy before being assigned to regular work.
Goals and Guidelines
To achieve these short-term and long-term goals, the Malton Forensics Unit has set forward the following guidelines for units in the field:
- Support each other and your fellow survivors.
- Scout and report horde sightings and activity with situation reports.
- Check for breaches in safehouses and TRPs in your area, particularly NecroTech buildings.
- Adjust barricades according to the the appropriate barricade plan.
- Respect Sacred Ground: We support the Sacred Ground Policy, and members must consider cemeteries functional RPs. While priority is given to those that have placed a revive request, zombies at these locations should not be attacked except in extraordinary circumstances.
- Tag buildings with useful information (barricade level, location of closest revive point, etc.).
- Community service announcements: Let your fellow survivors know of dangerous conditions, horde sightings, etc.. Educate less-experienced survivors, and direct them to entry points and functional TRPs.
- Recruit, try not to be shy. Let people know you are with the Malton Forensics Unit. Encourage fellow revivers to join, provide the URL of this page. The more personnel the MFU has at its disposal, the more good we can do for the survivor cause!
- Maintain the wiki, especially the List of Revivification Points.
- Work with your community and assist any local groups and freelancers whose goals are congruent with DEM goals and policies. As a city-wide organization, we have the opportunity to help bring like-minded groups together on large-scale projects. Working as a team, we can accomplish great things.
All members of the MFU are held to high standards of civility and friendliness. Personal insults, especially if aimed at fellow MFU or DEM members, are not tolerated and have no place in our group, as does other questionable behavior. This ensures that within the group, a team spirit and a friendly, trusting, and open atmosphere exists.
Joining the MFU
In order to join the Malton Forensics Unit:
- You should have either NecroTech Employment or Diagnosis.
- You should not have an active record of PKing. If you do, you should have a good explanation for it.
To apply, post on the Join MFU thread. Be sure to include a link to your profile and current location, please.
Merits and Ribbons
The Department of Emergency Management has a series of DEM Merits and Ribbons it issues to members who display mastery over key skills. The ribbons can be claimed by any member with the profficiency of the skills entailed. Summary of these ribbons and the means to claim them can be found on the DEM Merits and Ribbons page.
MFU Core Curriculum
MFU recruits are expected to master the MFU core skills and an advanced skill during their time at The Academy. New graduates should make acquisition of the advanced skills a priority after receiving their first assignment. Recruits who enter the Academy already in possession of all the core skills and one advanced skill must only attend campus for one week or until they have demonstrated mastery of DEM policies and protocols.
Cadets are encouraged to discuss questions about their skills, training, and priorities with their instructor staff.
- For a full explanation, division maps and a full list of current staffing see MFU Command.
- Chief of Forensics - Sets general MFU policies, responsible for the whole city.
- Head Coroners - Each responsible for organization, staffing, and command of a division, composed of 5 districts.
- Coroners - Each responsible for organization and command of a district, composed of 5 suburbs.
- Senior Pathologists - Supervise and direct a suburb or team, may assign Toxicologists to oversee operations at NecroTech buildings, revivification points, or similar locations.
- Junior Pathologists - Senior to Lab Technicians; may be assigned temporary command of a suburb or team, or may be assigned to oversee complex operations at a particular revive point, NecroTech building, or similar location.
Senior Pathologists are granted a fair amount of latitude in how they organize their suburb and keep their crews motivated, as long as they are working in accordance with DEM and MFU guidelines and respond to directives from their Coroner and/or Head Coroner.
- Lab Technicians - Entry-level MFU members.
Lab Technicians report to their suburb's Senior Pathologist, or to their district's Coroner or division's Head Coroner if the suburb has no Pathologist assigned.
|Sacred Ground Policy Supporter
|This user or group supports the Sacred Ground Policy and acknowledges that all Cemeteries in the city of Malton are considered Revivification Points.
- Pay It Forward: Encourage survivors who get a revive to give a revive.
|Pay It Forward Supporter
|This User or Group Pays It Forward.
Get a revive, give a revive.
- No Random Revives: Select revive targets using the DEM Revivification Tool, which allows you to see the profile of the person you are reviving. This prevents you from reviving a known player killer or generator killer or wasting a syringe on a zombie with Brain Rot, and keeps syringes available for those that will be acting in the interest of survivors.
|No Random Revives Supporter
|This User or Group supports the No Random Revive Policy by utilizing Revivification Request tools.
- Uniform Barricade Policy: (UBP) is designed to provide as secure a barricade plan as possible that still leaves resource buildings and sufficient safe shelters accessible for less experienced survivors and provides a wide range of entryways for those with Free Running.
|Uniform Barricading Policy Supporter
|This User or Group supports the Uniform Barricading Policy by actively maintaining barricades according to local plan or UBP standard.
- River Tactics: are a broad range of strategies which seek to gain an advantage over zombie horde and mega-horde incursions through flexibility, redirection and avoidance. Borrowing heavily from concepts cultivated in Aikido, River Tactics do not directly conflict with the thrust of enemy strikes, instead exploiting the voids for survivor advantage.
|River Tactics Supporter
|This User or Group supports River Tactics.
- PK Reporting: Have you been killed by another survivor (Player Killer)? Have you witnessed such a killing? Simply take a screenshot of the incident and report it to the Rouges Gallery. The Rogues Gallery allows bounty hunters and other players to see who the PKers are.
|This User or Group supports PK Reporting. Don't let Player Killers get away with murder. Report them on the Rogues Gallery.
- RESCUE: If possible, churches should be considered as indoor RPs, removing the need to step outside and back inside to perform revivification.
|This user thinks that adding 1 AP to the revive cycle is pointless.
DEM Groups & Other Group Affiliations
- Firefighters, check out the Malton Fire Department.
- Cops, check out the Malton Police Department.
- Want to enforce order over a broader range, striking where needed? Check out the Malton Civil Defense Unit.
- Have you advanced so far in the game that killing zombies is old hat? Bounty hunters take a look at the Malton Marshals.
Join The Wiki List
Then you will appear on the list and get a category at the bottom of your userpage.
|Malton Forensics Unit
|Gil Grissom is a member of the MFU.
MFU Ribbons Template
MFU members may use the following template to proudly display their merits and ribbons:
|MFU: Example's Ribbons
Please go to MFU ribbons for a full explanation of usage/placement.
|Department of Emergency Management