No Random Revive Policy
From The Urban Dead Wiki
|The information on this page or section discusses a survivor strategy.|
NOTE: This policy is not associated with the survivor group The Randoms.
Why no random revives?
With the surge in popularity of PKer groups, you are not only doing yourself a disservice when you revive at random, but you are also doing a disservice to every other survivor in Malton. DNA Extractors (and several other additional revive request tools) allow you to see the profile of the person you are reviving. This prevents you from reviving a known Player Killer, Death Cultist, member of a zombie group, or Generator Killer, and allows you to avoid wasting syringes and AP on zombies with Brain Rot. This keeps the syringes available to those people that will (hopefully) be acting in the best interest of survivors.
This is an example why you shouldn't randomly revive zombies:
Because you might revive an ungrateful Feral Undead member, who went on a player-killing and generator-destroying rampage. At least one survivor was killed and two generators in the area were destroyed as a result.
The zombie-turned-saboteur put it better himself:
- "So I was standing around outside, minding my own business, and <revivor's name withheld to prevent extreme embarrassment>1 randomly revived me. I wasn't even at a revive point. You can thank him for this display of senseless violence. ;D"
1 You can see names of the zombie, the revivor, and the victim, in the linked record anyway. So it's actually pointless to withhold them.
- The policy makes obtaining a revive more difficult for players who do not metagame.
- The use of DNA Extractors require players to spend more AP on each revivification (+1 for each use)
- Some players may like the surprise of random revivals, especially those who play both sides. (see The Opportunists and Dual Nature Policy)
- Some players also debate that this goes against RPing, see the talk page for the discussion.
The DEM Revivification Request Manager denotes reported PKers, via the Rogues Gallery. Such requests are marked with a red border and display the current bounty count, allowing PKers to be easily identified. We request you consider not reviving PKers with a current bounty. A list of current Rogues Gallery bounties can be found here.
How can I help?
Take advantage of the tools provided by the community that address this problem. These tools allow NT skilled survivors to select specific indivduals for revivification after reviewing the requesters profile. For those who prefer not to metagame, the DNA scanner now allows NT techs to view a zombies profile, thus allowing at least some discrimination in who you choose to revive. One of the biggest things you can do is helping to spread the word!
This initiative will only work if we get a large number of people/groups behind it. If you are willing to support this initiative, please sign below. Also, use this tinyurl tag to advertise this policy around Malton 
- Brian McStay
- John Morden
- 21 charlie
- Kristi of the Dead
- Agent Heroic
- Cheeseman Muncher
- RCG Tiburon
- Stone Cutter
- Hans Solo
- Joseph Redds
- Anna Lee Teague
- Atticus Rex mfu pif Δ
- Penny Painkiller
- Pvt De
- Zombie slay3r
- Tovarisch Khrushchev
- Cman yall
- Me Myself And I
- Tigerfangred 01:24, 28 April 2007 (BST)
- --Nimrod1 talk-DDF-
- Doctor Wolf
- User:Ethann the Medlab
- Weemawap Man
- XxPale HorsexX
- Doctor R
- Obi + 11:41, 31 December 2007 (UTC)
- Christopher Austwick
- --T|Z.Quiz|PSS 00:23, 19 March 2008 (UTC)
- User:John Kingston 19:18, 27 April 2008 (BST)
- Ash Cianatti
- Dragonshardz 04:53, 18 May 2009 (BST)
- User:Klip non
- Charline 10:51, 30 July 2009 (BST)
- RustyNailsSon 00:11, 5 Aug 2009 (UTC)
- —Aichon— 06:53, 1 November 2009 (UTC)
- Calvinxbao--Calvinxbao 21:36, 27 May 2010 (BST)
- Nextor 22:09, 17 March 2013 (UTC)
- Raul (talk) 18:51, 4 February 2016 (UTC)
- A Really Pissed Off One
- Black Templars
- Department of Emergency Management
- Edmund General United
- FedCom: Urban Dead
- First Aid Nursing & Necrotech Yeomanry
- Fortress, The
- IB legionaires
- Malton Forensics Unit
- Malton Signal Corps
- Northern Regiment, The
- Randoms, The
- Regulators Alliance
- Secret Board of Shadowy Figures
- Sons of Brazil
- Tactical Area Rescue
- AMC Victimization
- Malton Restoration Society
- 501st U.S. Army Battalion
This banner is courtesy of Kristi of the Dead, feel free to place it on your wiki page.
Use this code to place the image on your group or user page
[[Image:Reggieboy.jpg|frame|none|This user or group supports the [[No Random Revive Policy]] ]]
|No Random Revives Supporter|
|This User or Group supports the No Random Revive Policy by utilizing Revivification Request tools.|
|This user or group supports|
Revivification Request Tools
You too can help prevent Barhah! Spread the word about this policy and these request tools. The DEM utility has a tiny url (http://tinyurl.com/jxkdg) for use in tagging.
- Revivification Request Manager DEM utility
- CIT Revive Requester CDF Utility
Revive Requests Black Berets utilityalso dead
| Undead? Want to breathe again?|
Make a Revivification Request!