UDWiki:Administration/Vandal Banning/Archive/2012 04
This page is for the reporting of vandalism within the Urban Dead wiki, as defined by vandalism policy. On this wiki, the punishment for Vandalism is temporary banning, but due to security concerns, the ability to mete out this punishment is restricted to System Operators. As such, regular users will need to lodge a report for a Vandal to be banned from the wiki. For consistency and accountability, System Operators are requested to note on this board their actions in dealing with Vandals.
Guidelines for Vandalism Reporting
In dealing with Vandalism, time is often of the essence. As such, we ask that all users include the following information in a Vandalism report:
- A link to the pages in question.
- Preferably bolded for visibility. If the Vandalism is occurring over a sufficiently large number of pages, instead include a time range of the vandalism attempt, or alternatively, a link to the first vandalised page. This allows us to quickly find the damage so we can quickly assess the situation.
- The user name of the Vandal.
- This allows us to more easily identify the culprit, and to check details.
- A signed datestamp.
- For accountability purposes, we ask that you record in your request your user name and the time you lodged the report.
- Please report at the top.
- There's conflict with where to post and a lot of the reports are missed. If it's placed at the top of the page it's probably going to be seen and dealt with.
If you see Vandalism in progress, don't wait for System Operators to deal with it, as there may be no System Operator online at the time. Lodge the report, then start reverting pages back to their original form. This can be done by going to the "History" tab at the top of the page, and finding the last edit before the Vandal's attack. When a System Operator is available, they'll assess the situation, and if the report is legitimate, we will take steps to either warn the vandal, or ban them if they are on their second warning.
If the page is long, you can add new reports by editing the top report and placing your new report above its header in the edit screen.
Before Submitting a Report
- This page, Vandal Banning, deals with bad-faith breaches of official policy.
- Interpersonal complaints are better sorted out at UDWiki:Administration/Arbitration.
- As much as is practical, assume good faith and try to iron out problems with other users one to one, only using this page as a last resort.
- Avoid submitting reports which are petty.
Vandalism Report Space
Tony Darkgrave/Gold Blade
Alt of permabanned user User:Tony Darkgrave aka User:Zombie Civillian XL aka User:Dead Air Operative aka User:Gold Blade, as I have proven here. Time to swat him down again. --Akule Maker of fine, hand-crafted UDWiki sass since 2006 -- Akule School's back in session™ 21:14, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry. I just copy/pasted the below link. --Akule Maker of fine, hand-crafted UDWiki sass since 2006 -- Akule School's back in session™ 21:24, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- How long has it been since I last heard the name Gold Blade... -- #nerftemplatedsigs 21:28, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- Sure, I thought that was probably the case.--The General T Sys U! P! 21:46, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
He admits to being the alt of a permabanned user. I'm pretty sure that's grounds for a perma? BTW, where's the evidence that Tony Darkgrave = Gold Blade?--The General T Sys U! P! 21:46, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- Perma is fine with me. -- #nerftemplatedsigs 21:50, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- The evidence is here. Reposted for your convenience: As you can see here (highlighted in this image for your convenience), Tony is on Newgrounds. Here (highlighted here) you can see that he cites Zombie Civillian XL as his character, matching what Bob said. Then here (highlight), we see that he was vandalizing the wiki with the infamous multi-user vandal, User:Gold Blade. He has changed his name a few times, such as Dante-Son-Of-Sparda, goldblade1, and currently Tony-DarkGrave. --Akule Maker of fine, hand-crafted UDWiki sass since 2006 -- Akule School's back in session™ 21:54, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
While checkuser doesn't provide a proxy, it still gives good reason to suspect that the connection is used to camouflage an old banned IP. Along with the edits of the user and Akule's digging, I am very certain that that is indeed Tony Darkgrave. As I am the third op to support that stance, I will Perma him as ban circumvention alt. -- Spiderzed█ 21:59, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
- Checkuser logs aren't stored permanently, due to the way the data is stored; any edits going back more than a few months are unlikely to have IPs recorded against them. Thus, it's quite possible that he hasn't bothered to use a proxy at all.
- Given the new account name and the reason that he immediately reclaimed the Gummer Arms, I'm reasonably convinced that it's the same user.--The General T Sys U! P! 22:13, 14 March 2012 (UTC)
Star Wars Invasion Stuff
Spambots are to be reported on this page. New reports should be added to the top. Reports may be purged after one week.
Vandal Banning Archive