This page is for the reporting of vandalism within the Urban Dead wiki, as defined by vandalism policy. On this wiki, the punishment for Vandalism is temporary banning, but due to security concerns, the ability to mete out this punishment is restricted to System Operators. As such, regular users will need to lodge a report for a Vandal to be banned from the wiki. For consistency and accountability, System Operators are requested to note on this board their actions in dealing with Vandals.
Guidelines for Vandalism Reporting
In dealing with Vandalism, time is often of the essence. As such, we ask that all users include the following information in a Vandalism report:
- A link to the pages in question.
- Preferably bolded for visibility. If the Vandalism is occurring over a sufficiently large number of pages, instead include a time range of the vandalism attempt, or alternatively, a link to the first vandalised page. This allows us to quickly find the damage so we can quickly assess the situation.
- The user name of the Vandal.
- This allows us to more easily identify the culprit, and to check details.
- A signed datestamp.
- For accountability purposes, we ask that you record in your request your user name and the time you lodged the report.
- Please report at the top.
- There's conflict with where to post and a lot of the reports are missed. If it's placed at the top of the page it's probably going to be seen and dealt with.
If you see Vandalism in progress, don't wait for System Operators to deal with it, as there may be no System Operator online at the time. Lodge the report, then start reverting pages back to their original form. This can be done by going to the "History" tab at the top of the page, and finding the last edit before the Vandal's attack. When a System Operator is available, they'll assess the situation, and if the report is legitimate, we will take steps to either warn the vandal, or ban them if they are on their second warning.
If the page is long, you can add new reports by editing the top report and placing your new report above its header in the edit screen.
Before Submitting a Report
- This page, Vandal Banning, deals with bad-faith breaches of official policy.
- Interpersonal complaints are better sorted out at UDWiki:Administration/Arbitration.
- As much as is practical, assume good faith and try to iron out problems with other users one to one, only using this page as a last resort.
- Avoid submitting reports which are petty.
Vandalism Report Space
User:WHITE POWDER SKINHEAD
Has admitted to being "the most notorious [neo-nazi] out there", and I think we know who that is. Combined with very telling behavior patterns and Checkuser info, I'm reporting Corn for ban evasion. Perma is my ruling, but I'll let another sop carry it out. When you delete contributions, kindly leave the ones on my talk page in order to make context clear. Bob Moncrief EBD•W! 04:10, 10 April 2019 (UTC)
Permad RosslessnessWant a Location Image? 06:41, 10 April 2019 (UTC)
|Action taken||Soft Warning|
Has impersonated me by changing my signed message (in order to remove my proof of their zerging) after being informally warned off already once. -- Spiderzed▋ 22:49, 4 March 2019 (UTC)
- Yep, has done so twice now. Clearly vandalism with a warning. Bob Moncrief EBD•W! 23:49, 4 March 2019 (UTC)
Zerging notwithstanding, this is a user who required 4 edits just to type a sentence on somebody's talk page and 20 to just add an advert onto Recruitment. If you had have actually warned him on his talk page, I'd agree with you. But with just that edit summary as a warning, I'm not convinced a newbie as tragic as this would have even read it.
If the maliciousness hinges on Jabba knowing the rules when removing your image for a second time, I'm not convinced. Not Vandalism. DANCEDANCEREVOLUTION 05:19, 5 March 2019 (UTC)
I'm inclined to lean to the side of "new to the game, new to the wiki" and doesn't entirely understand the rules. Some things just aren't clear cut (ie. altering talk page postings) and others are in plain sight but not always viewed/read (ie. Game FAQs on the website). Obviously the zerging side of things isn't cool, but this could easily turn into a learning/teaching opportunity vs a "you suck, so you should leave forever!". I agree with DDR with the Not Vandalism ruling. stelar Talk|MCM|EBD|Scourge 13:07, 5 March 2019 (UTC)
- Works for me. Cycling this as not vandalism, and I left a soft warning/explanation on KingJabbaDaButt's talk page. Bob Moncrief EBD•W! 13:21, 5 March 2019 (UTC)
Vandal Banning Archive